Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-02-2014, 06:45 AM   #253

Limited space in a 32ft so a half bath would be alittle much. 10ft for the garage & you end up with basically a 22ft TT.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2014, 07:43 AM   #254

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
rebuild

Thats it, looks big on the outside but it starts to close in after you take out the garage, ours is 11ft. so now try to stuff everything in without making it seem cramped, thats the challenge. The garage will become living area once the bikes are out so that helps.

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 08:43 AM   #255

Winnebago Owners Club
Hi Terry;
Making good progress. Nice to see the changes.

Our garage was plumbed for washer/dryer but we never installed either. So I built shelving against the dividing wall. Became a storage area for tools, groceries, and "stuff". DW kept the larder will filled.

Botton shelf was high enough so the bike tire did not touch it. Bungee cords kept stuff on the shelf when travelling.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1809.JPG
Views:	138
Size:	232.6 KB
ID:	75524
Old 10-02-2014, 10:45 AM   #256

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
rebuild

Good Morning Gordon, hope you had a good trip down south, I figured that by making the garage 11ft. it would give me some space to build in something, like a tool box, cabinets ect to store gear and like you said "stuff"
Old 10-02-2014, 06:43 PM   #257

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Terry,

Did you think when you started this it would be 19 pages long and you would have so many followers? Just goes to show that we all love to see someone build something great! And you aren't done yet! Looking forward to more pics as you advance on your rebuild. Looks great!

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 07:10 PM   #258
bap

i agree beamisl,,,,harley you have done an amazing job and always look forward to seeing what you got done that day,,----yes 19 pages and climbing we are all in into following you and your work,,,very exciting and for me educational..
who knows i may need a toy toter one day and i will jump back here to this thread..

i truley wish you werent so far away i would love to lend an extra hand...
hope to meet you at a camp one day----maybe next year you and your dw could come to carter caves,,,we dont ride but it would be nice around a campfire..seeing each others builds...lol....who knows..pretty country down here around the caves for riding..
Old 10-02-2014, 07:20 PM   #259

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Good Morning Gordon, hope you had a good trip down south, I figured that by making the garage 11ft. it would give me some space to build in something, like a tool box, cabinets ect to store gear and like you said "stuff"
Great trip so far thanks for asking. Had a flat tire, but the TPMS warned me so I was able to get to a tire shop before the tire was harmed. TPMS is now paid for. Sitting at the dealership waiting for a few warranty items to be completed.

Our garage is 10'. We have Gold Wings at 9' so the trunk is close to the door. I was able to put in 12" shelves by going above the front tire.

The original plan was to build a bench to install the washer on one side and the dryer on the other but my wife decided that she did not want the washer dryer.

An extra foot of space in the cabin may be well worth the reduced space in the garage. Have you laid out your floor plan on the floor to see how everything will fit?
Old 10-03-2014, 05:27 AM   #260

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
rebuild

Lynne, I had no idea if anyone would even care what someone was building, My family has been building things that we needed my whole life, so I take it for granted, my father always just built as he needed. Bap, we do plan on traveling once we get done, and I always liked Kentucky when I drove 18 wheeler, never got a chance to look around, the plan is to park and ride the area's. DW and I used to ride to an area we never was to before, and spend a week, but I have developed severe osteoarthritis in my hands so can't ride long distance anymore, so a Toy Hauler is our answer. Gordon, I didn't like TPMS when it first came out, but that was a repairer's view, I had to buy alot of expensive equipment to service the systems. It is a very good thing to have. To tell the truth I laid out the garage at this point better than the cabin, I thought of both Harley's welfare before mine. We have looked several times and surprisingly have not set everything in stone in the cabin yet, roughly we know where the bathrooms going the kitchen ect. but I use a program called Sketchup to draw it out to scale.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:52 AM   #261

Just wondering what your intention is on the weight rating of it is. I know you are going to three axles but getting the rating of the 5er changed is another matter.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:55 AM   #262

Simple matter of priorities. Is the priority a Harley hauler or a TT? And it sounds like Harley hauler. So space not needed for the bikes can go to being a TT.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:58 AM   #263
bap

i totaly understand about tghe hand thing,after 2 broken backs and some other stuff..my hands will be what cripples me,,,,..it is always hard fot me to type, and sever pain with most everything i do with them....it kills me to even think one day i may not be able to work at all with them,,,,,,i understand alot about ostio...sorry to hear that...enjoy your youth my friend,,,...and what we can still do today...

gordan, i didnt realise you were on road,,,,,have a safe trip,,,your right the tpms just paid for its self,,,,saved alot and maybe even more....than we want to think...
againn be safe and enjoy........the dw and i our planning a beach trip very soon,,,well earned,,,,,we asked our daughter where she wanted to go for her birthday(she is blind,R.P.) and she said the beach,,,,so its on we just dont know where yet....lol
Old 10-03-2014, 09:04 AM   #264

Winnebago Owners Club
Terry - I did the same thing when I converted a school bus to a camper years ago (before computers so I drafted it). As a final check I laid out everything on the floor of the trailer with masking tape.

Had a few issues as I had miscalculated the wall thickness by a bit. I counted the studs but not the wall board. Also found some conflicts with studs and wall openings.

After laying it out we went in and pretended we were living in it - sort of a reality check. Couple more minor changes and away we went. Used the bus for a number of years. Have pictures somewhere but they are print.
Old 10-03-2014, 10:43 AM   #265

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
rebuild

HH, I have my weight calcs here somewhere, I'll get them and post later,in NYS changing the weight is very easy just go to DMV and tell them you want to pay more for your reg. they are happy to oblige! Bap have fun on your beach trip, up here in a little while it'd be called ice fishin. LOL Gordon thats funny, I lived in a converted bus in California, that I rented off a guy in his back yard, when I was in the Marine Corps. What we plan on doing is using cardboard in the actual TH to represent the appliances ect. after I get the door in. Speaking of which here's a pic. going in later today or tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1003141110.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	251.7 KB
ID:	75608  
Old 10-03-2014, 02:55 PM   #266

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
rebuild

Well, I couldn't get the steel today, (flat tire on flatbed trailer ) have to be monday. So I installed the cabin door, which I purchased at a local RV sales, it was ordered wrong size for someone, so I got a brand new door for 200.00.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1003141523.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	289.4 KB
ID:	75633   Click image for larger version

Name:	1003141528.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	223.2 KB
ID:	75634