Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-02-2015, 05:05 AM   #2661

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Gordon, I thought about putting the door on the pullout, but this way it just looks like all the other doors and like you say it will hold it from coming out, there is a slight lock built in on the slides themselves when you put it all the way in but this is that little extra. Yup, I have to put a lip on the shelves to keep items in place. I'm still trying to figure out how to put movable shelves in a vehicle, I've done it here in the S&B. Well its not raining this morning so I might get something done today. How did you make out at Freightliner? Have a great day all.

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2015, 06:06 AM   #2662

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Randy,
Don't forget to put the grease fittings on the inside when you put the wetbolts back in, this way you don't have to take the tires off to grease the pins. That was what Dexter recommended when I put the EZ Flex on my last 5er.
Terry,
I can think of a half dozen ways to make the shelves adjustable, but do you really need them adjustable? As long as you are diligent on checking different size spacing on your shelves you may be OK with permanent shelves.
Gordon,
I'm with Terry, How did you make out at Freightliner?
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 07:36 AM   #2663

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Morning Frank, your probley right about not needing adjustable shelves, it would be problematic anyway. Adjustable shelves by nature are loose and loose shelves might not stay put . Eleanor is putting her input on how much spacing in the unit there needs to be.
Old 07-02-2015, 08:10 AM   #2664

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
Randy,
Don't forget to put the grease fittings on the inside when you put the wetbolts back in, this way you don't have to take the tires off to grease the pins. That was what Dexter recommended when I put the EZ Flex on my last 5er.
Frank

Frank - good point and I'll take a look to make sure that my grease gun will fit with the right angle end - or I may install 90 degree fittings too since these are threaded and not pressed in. There is always the option of crawling under the trailer too..
But that will only work for the shackles as the rocker mounts have a larger hole on the outside than on the inside in order to accommodate the stepped bolts.

Thanks!

Regards - Randy & Dar
2015 F350 CC-DRW-409 Diesel / 2008 Rage'n Stryker 4005 Toy Hauler / 2014 Arctic Cat Wildcat Trail-XT
Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 07-02-2015, 10:33 AM   #2665

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning Everyone;
Well Freightliner has a nice drivers room. Nice comfortable reclining chairs, coffee out the wazoo and they keep coming to tell you where they are in the progress.

Beyond that I think I made out OK at Freightliner. They gave me the express assessment. There were two misfires recorded on No 6. No other codes. Ran injector performance test and they all passed. Said they called Cummins and they did not have a solution (that they told me anyway). Reprogrammed the ECM. Said that was normal, would have to do it again in a couple years.

They checked the DEF consumption and said it was right on target. I had noticed what I thought was an increase in DEF use based on the dash lights and fuel we out in. Before it seemed to be about one bar per tank, now it is running 2 bars per tank and a half.

Driving home the fuel consumption indicator (MPG meter) was higher than when I went over so it seems the fuel economy is better. Will find out when I run a couple tanks and calculate the actual usage.

Terry - fixed shelves will not be an issue. What fits fits, what does not you put somewhere else or eat it! Janet is a great one for buying containers that fit the spots and then repackaging. Works great because you can see how much is in the plastic container, has a tight fitting lid and sits solidly.

Today is equipment moving day. Son's trailer comes out of the shed and the stacker goes in. We are heading out for a month long motorcycle trip and he will not be able to get his trailer out of the shed with the coach in there as well. Stuff is pretty unorganized so the coach is too far forward for him to get the trailer out. Bunch of his stuff behind the coach so it is back as far as it goes. It is like a big puzzle!!!!

Have a great day.
Old 07-02-2015, 12:30 PM   #2666

Gordon,,,, I may have missed it. Tell me about your bike trip?

Debbie and I are headed to the mountains for the holiday weekend, daughter and her family going as well. Son-inlaw and I are going to do a few miles on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Terry, make sure shelf has enough height for big bottle of Jack!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 02:18 PM   #2667

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Gordon,,,, I may have missed it. Tell me about your bike trip?

Debbie and I are headed to the mountains for the holiday weekend, daughter and her family going as well. Son-inlaw and I are going to do a few miles on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Terry, make sure shelf has enough height for big bottle of Jack!

L.
There are a bunch of us going to a Retreads Rally in Montrose CO. Some will be going a bit later, we will travel with 2 other couples. We all have tent trailers so will be touring and camping. We are taking about a month.

Have travelled Skyline Drive and the Parkway. Lots of good riding there. I liked the slow pace and lots of scenic overlooks. We stayed at a motorcycle campground called Willville and another called Iron Horse. Last time we were there a landslide had closed part of the Parkway by Asheville. I imagine it is open now.

While at Iron Horse we also rode the Dragon. There was also a landslide on it so we had to ride it, turn around and ride it again.

Going to go back to it if we get the chance. Loved the area and the quality of the roads.
Old 07-02-2015, 07:51 PM   #2668

Sounds like fun. We have stayed at both those campgrounds, they know us well at Iron Horse.

We Usually motel it when we do big bike trips, I have a uni-go we tow behind m y wing.

Have a great trip!

We are planning a trip west in September, first time in a rv with the bike in a trailer.

Terry, you need to check out Iron Horse in Stecoah nc. Your TH would be good there, or just go on the bikes.

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 09:29 PM   #2669

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Good Morning, Bill, sorry your stuck in the rain here too, Corning is a nice area, are you taking in the glass museum? lots to do in the area. supposed to get some possibly severe storms today here, then the next four days supposed to be nice . guess you know what I'm doing for the Fourth of July.
Drove up to Ithaca and toured Cornell yesterday ( grand daughter starts there this fall) Then to Doug Turnbull's place in Bloomfield and back to Corning. Toured the Corning glass museum today. Tremendously interesting place. Tomorrow we move to a KOA in Westfield NY on lake Erie.
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 07:28 AM   #2670

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Gordon, hopefully Freightliner has you all sorted out, reprograming ECU's seem to be the wave of the future. Lloyd, have to check out the areas you and Gordon have mentioned sounds great. Bill, Glad the rain has stopped your in a real nice area for touring. Had an interesting call from a friend yesterday about his sons truck, (97 Chevy 3500 DRW) they were trying to get the axle out because the bearing had let go and smoked. They couldn't get the axle out because the axle tube had got so hot that it twisted and made the hole smaller so the splines couldn't come out. Yup, its new axle time. Have a great day all.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:41 AM   #2671

Terry,
Might want to just change the tube on that side, would be easier and cheaper than getting a whole axle unless the gears got hot too.
Gordon,
I agree with Terry on the reprogramming, also that seems to effect the DIC whenever they do reprogram, this is why they always tell you to check mileage by hand calculations. Glad that you got home OK.
Frank
Old 07-03-2015, 07:01 PM   #2672

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Rebuild

Good Evening, Frank, not sure what they will do with the axle, I was just the diagnostic person, I think they were trying to find a used axle and swap the whole thing. It had a trac lock that no longer works also. Built the bed frame today, cut out the rib and some work around the yard. I am building in the drawers on both sides on the bed also, time consuming doing this detail work. The waste tanks and all the fittings should be here this coming week. Everyone have a very happy 4th of July, Gordon hope you had a happy Canada Day on the 1st. Just got a call they bought a complete axle for 700.00 and are swapping that in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0703151341.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	467.8 KB
ID:	99095   Click image for larger version

Name:	0703151615.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	430.1 KB
ID:	99097  

Click image for larger version

Name:	0702151539a.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	150.0 KB
ID:	99098  
Old 07-03-2015, 07:14 PM   #2673

Terry,
Looks good as always, 700 is cheap for a DWR axle, should make an easy swap.
Frank
Old 07-03-2015, 08:08 PM   #2674

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Frank, that's kinda what I thought, they didn't tell me mileage, they just put brakes and wheel cyls. on the old one so if they didn't cook the brakes they will swap them and be in business, the person runs to Georgia and picks up empty trailers and brings them up the coast so he puts on the miles.