Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-09-2015, 07:52 AM   #2717

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
What a deal on that wing, I would like to have one of those, but I had to settle on a little trailer one(it was given to me).
The mattress looks good, I agree with Rail, let it decompress fully before you use it.
Do you plan on enclosing the waste tanks and insulating for cold weather use? If so don't forget to run a duct from the furnace.
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2015, 09:38 AM   #2718

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Lloyd, That's the plan . Gordon, by the sounds of it we will make sure its fully decompressed . Rail, I can't tell you how much I've bought off Craig's List, I check it every day AM and PM, but you have to be ready to jump if there is a good deal cause they don't last long . If the guy selling is good he will hold it if your the first caller, if not I don't even bother. I was going to build one of those wings now I don't have to, it could be bigger but it'll work. Frank, I do plan on enclosing the tanks eventually, it will be one of those "improvements" later. Most everything I have built can rather easily be taken apart to get to "things" so upgrades can be done later.

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 01:19 PM   #2719

I also frequent CL's.....

The good deals do go quickly, bought a very nice 2 year old 7x12 enclosed trailer 2 weeks ago, that had only been towed 150 miles. Got a great deal.

The hunt is half the fun. Unfortunatly,,,, I come home with more than I sell on CL's.

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 04:00 PM   #2720

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Lloyd, Good to see another CL shopper! I have been known to travel to other states after a deal. One of the donor 5th wheels was bought off CL. Today was clean up day, in the TH and around the S&B, also hooked up and moved the TH over to the driveway so I can build brackets for the waste tanks. Have a great afternoon.
Old 07-09-2015, 05:33 PM   #2721

HOUSTON WE HAVE LIFTOFF !

Well , almost anyway. Gettin' lose bud !
How did it feel?

Is the TV ready for a road trip or are you going to start an OH on that too?
Old 07-09-2015, 05:41 PM   #2722

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
HOUSTON WE HAVE LIFTOFF !

Well , almost anyway. Gettin' lose bud !
How did it feel?

Is the TV ready for a road trip or are you going to start an OH on that too?
The problem is that the TH now makes the TV look like an orphan. Overhaul required on the TV stat!
Old 07-09-2015, 06:16 PM   #2723

Terry just needs to get it to a CLAC gathering .
Old 07-09-2015, 06:22 PM   #2724

I don't mind buying from CL from time to time, but I absolutely HATE selling on it...
I Always seem to attract what I call "Leg Humpers"...
You know the type...

You have a widget that cost $200 new, it is in perfect condition and more than fairly priced at $100 - then Louie Leg Humper sends you and email and says $50 cash and I'll take it...
Or worse - he makes an appointment to come and look at it - you wait all day Saturday for him to show up and he calls the next day and gives you a lame excuse but wants to come look at it on Sunday. You wait around - Louie is lost but he finally finds you - bends your ear for an hour after looking all around your garage like he's casing the joint - then offers you $50 cash...
GRRRRRRRrrrrrr

Regards - Randy & Dar
2015 F350 CC-DRW-409 Diesel / 2008 Rage'n Stryker 4005 Toy Hauler / 2014 Arctic Cat Wildcat Trail-XT
Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 07-09-2015, 06:30 PM   #2725

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Evening, Popeye, I drove 18 wheeler for yrs and alot of it was on logging roads, so without going on the road it looked good and tracked fine so hopefully we can make a run soon. The TV needs some attention, it needs a paint job, I should be okay with that if my hands hold up, (running a DA kills me) I ran a body shop for a few yrs and still have my equipment, the TV will be white like the TH. Simple. I am also redoing the sleeper over, I started it it will have more windows and a jackknife sofa, inverter, portapotty and refrigerator I'll do the OH in this post also. I also am looking into engine mods and or a complete replacement, I am looking for donor trucks now, here in the great northeast these have frame rust outs and then they get junked this truck only has 30,000 original miles, it was a sheriffs command center and never moved, just got maintained. Gordon, it will be a project in itself but will be faster, I need new steer tires now, they have timed out and I won't trust them. I also need to just go thru all the systems, change all filters, fluids ect before I go anywhere long distance. Oh and an air ride 5th wheel. Randy, this may sound strange but I won't sell on CL for just the reason you stated. Popeye, the thought has crossed my mind!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0709151923.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	533.5 KB
ID:	99606  
Old 07-09-2015, 08:47 PM   #2726

Really looks good Terry,i would like to see the king pin more over the axle, but i know that the TV s big enough that it really doesn't matter other than the ride.
Frank
Old 07-09-2015, 10:08 PM   #2727

Winnebago Owners Club
The wing will really tie the two units together.
Old 07-10-2015, 04:52 AM   #2728

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Frank, I used to be the same way, King pin had to be over the rears, but that was when the loads were way heaver, this is an accepted way to set up a MDT or an HDT and they handle really well and turn nice. I have put up just one pic of many out there (not my truck) I could point to another site where there is a ton of info, but I don't want to violate the rules. This rig also has an air ride 5th wheel similar to what I will use to calm down the heavy suspension. Gordon, I think so too.
Attached Images

Old 07-10-2015, 06:14 AM   #2729

Thanks Terry, I guess that goes to show how behind times that I really am.
Frank
Old 07-10-2015, 06:36 AM   #2730

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Frank, Not so much of being behind the times, as its not something that you had to know, if you were building a truck as I am you'd be telling us about it. Its all about research and what you are interested in. . Have a Great Day .