Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-13-2015, 01:03 PM   #3025

Winnebago Owners Club
I think you are right Jeff. Terry and Eleanor started a project that caught our attention and imagination.

Their willingness to take suggestions along with his and Eleanors own ideas and skill in bringing those ideas to fruition have brought a lot of us along with them in the construction. They did the work and paid for the product but they included all of us in the project.

There is a big piece of Terry and Eleanor in the TH along with a small piece of the rest of us. It is like the villiage had a baby. It was born with Harley colors and a white tub!! LOL

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2015, 01:09 PM   #3026

Needs a big decal for the front, up over the 5th wheel,,,,,,

TOTAL REBUILD

Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 08:11 PM   #3027

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Evening, A little late getting back on today. Bap, I hope this tub thing works , saves us both time and money. I'm with Frank, we need pics . Dogpatch, not sure yet if it'll work or not I think so as long as I can cut it to 24" X 36" price wise its about the same as an RV one. Bap, Thank you so much for the kind words, means alot. You can blame my father for how I do things, His famous words, (to us kids) where "we gotta get organized" he would start the day telling us what he expected to have done and how we would do it, and a man of few words away we would go and get it done. He was a third generation logger that had a rep. of being the guy that you wanted in your woods, when I was old enough I took over the trucking and never went back into the woods. So now I spend my nights figuring what I want to get done and write it down, and the next day try to do it. The pics. I carry my phone with me and just take pics of things I think people will be interested in, its second nature now. I am very happy to have made friends here and hope to stay in contact with you all. Gordon, You have a way with words, thank you so much. Lloyd, we where thinking of putting something on the rear door, but much smaller . There has been sooo many people read about the TH build that I think if I put a decal on the back, someone may see it that has seen it here. Have a Great Night All.
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 01:03 AM   #3028

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Heck, Terry,, I don't think I will need a decal to know your TH,!! But I have grow up with it every step of the way! But I think it still is a great idea, of putting it on there! You and Eleanor have been very good letting us all tag along on your build, and the friendship that has happened along the way, is a testament to the RV'ing spirit in all of us!!
Lloyd, I answered you on the "Goodmorning" thread, about the MH I am looking for!!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 08-14-2015, 07:08 AM   #3029

Retired Fire Service RVer's
bap, you sure hit the nail on the head about Terry and Eleanor sharing and doing such amazing work. I am getting excited on being able to see the TH in person next weekend and meeting those amazing people.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 07:15 AM   #3030
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Terry,

I can appreciate your talents!
Through my years, I worked at almost every aspect of construction to a point where I owned my own General Contracting company. If something needed to be done on one of my projects and I couldn't find someone, I'd take it on myself. I'd figure it out and just do it.
I'm sure there have been a few "Oh SH*T"! moments and a few re-do's but if you have a mind to figure things out, that (and a fearless desire to make it work) gets you through it. Not all have the "Gumption" to take it on. I see you do and you're reaping the rewards.

Nothing feels better than doing it yourself and being proud of your accomplishments and you should not feel anything but this for your project.

We all live vicariously through your thread and thank you for making it possible for us to participate.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:34 AM   #3031

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Rail, Thanks, and I think it'll only get better from here . Frank, we too are getting excited on coming out and see some who have been talking and helping, Eleanor got the Monday off so we could spend an extra day, called the campsite and they said no problem . Dogpatch, Thanks, same here, even though I always called myself a truck driver, I have made a living doing alot of things, I mostly automotive related, and had good friends that where talented in their fields, I learned alot from them, (enough to be dangerous) and put alot of what life threw at me to work building the TH, its not perfect but nether am I , so we will work well together. Number two son's birthday today so getting together with him and some friends here at the S&B so the TH will come in handy. Had an idea last night, (that always gets me in trouble) we won't always camp with the motorcycles, so when the get left home the garage can be used as living quarters, so we will be building a something that can go in and clamp into the E Track and make it a living room. Have a Great Day All. OH and yup there have been a bunch of OH SH*T moments.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:36 AM   #3032
bap

well said dogpatch,,,,,well said.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:40 AM   #3033
bap

i belive there are a few of us in the ohhhh sh#*$ club,,,,,i added the dollar sign cause thats what it usually costs for one of those moments...lol
Old 08-14-2015, 01:36 PM   #3034

Winnebago Owners Club
Planned project/budget: $100.00
Implementing the planned project: $150 ($50 over planned budget)
Project changes: $100.00 (project over budget by $150.00)
Project improvements $50.00 (project over budget by $200.00)
Project Oops: $75.00 (project over budget by $275.00)
Redoing Oops: $75.00 (project over budget by $350.00)
Finishing project: $100.00 (project over budget by $450.00)
Project final cost: $550.00 (over by 450%)
Project results: PRICELESS
Old 08-14-2015, 02:07 PM   #3035

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Gordon, You say it well, ,
Old 08-15-2015, 04:18 AM   #3036

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Terry,

When you started posting this project the first day and gave it the title "Total Rebuild" I think you properly named it and that name somewhere on the TH would look great!

You have made some great friends here and we are as excited about meeting Frank in Sept as you are about meeting them soon. I have had very little time to camp with mine but just getting to go out in it is so amazing to me that I can only imagine the pleasure you two will get with yours. Enjoy that toy.

Can you post a pic of the installed tub? You should do a mural of what it looked like before you started and the finished product on the back too. Course, it may make getting somewhere difficult when people keep stopping you to ask "Really, that's what it looked like and you did this?" (Shocked faces, dropped jaws) Could cause a lot of delays.

So close to the end and lot's of fun t look forward to in the future. Thanks for letting us all be a part of it. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 06:39 AM   #3037

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Gordon,
Your budget sounds about right, I usually have the time estimate wrong. What should take an hour ends up taking 3 days.
Lynne,
Hope that you get to use your MH more in the near future. See you soon.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 07:26 AM   #3038

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Lynne, We had a get together last night for #2 son's birthday and the people that came couldn't believe that it wasn't a "factory" build RV . I guess we might have done an ok job. It came in handy too, as in just about ready to eat we had a torrential rain storm come in so we all moved into the TH, that open garage was just about right. Frank, what I thought might take 3 or 4 months took me a year . So I'm with you on that.