Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-27-2015, 11:11 AM   #3193

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Doing a couple of little things today, got a new Television coming today so will be mounting that when it shows up. Also will be installing a 1000 watt inverter to run the Reefer while we are traveling, as well as wiring the TV to trickle charge the batteries. Frank, when I drove semi West Virginia was where I didn't have to wear a coat when I fueled the truck, in Wheeling. Of course I was coming from the cold up here.

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2015, 06:36 PM   #3194

Instigator ???? Who ME ?

Terry
How big is the TV ? Bet you can fit a monster in that rig !

Old 08-27-2015, 07:15 PM   #3195

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Popeye, which one? . The "new" one has a GVWR of 33,000, the deck is 28' long, I'm hoping (when the Co, that owns it finally gets their new truck back from the shop) that I'm going to install a 12' Fiberglass cargo box on it and convert it into a "Toter Tot" (Baps nomenclature). That build will continue here.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:16 PM   #3196

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Bill, Thanks, Aren't you in Texas? if so I was in western NY, (I wish I was in Texas sometimes).
My bad I saw something posted by Franka458 about Oklahoma and thought that was where you were camping.
So where did you go camping? I spent 3 weeks at Lake Erie State park in July.
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 07:31 PM   #3197

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Bill, I can see how you can be confused, I am most of the time trying to keep up with these guys . I met Frank at a campsite near Binghamton, NY. Called Belden Hill Campground, Real nice place very quiet. Sunday we leave for a week in the Adirondacks. Frank is out that way now, (Lake Erie)
Old 08-27-2015, 07:57 PM   #3198

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
Instigator ???? Who ME ?
Hey Popeye - Frank was referring to me. I prefer Agent Provocateur!
Old 08-27-2015, 08:11 PM   #3199

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Bill, I can see how you can be confused, I am most of the time trying to keep up with these guys . I met Frank at a campsite near Binghamton, NY. Called Belden Hill Campground, Real nice place very quiet. Sunday we leave for a week in the Adirondacks. Frank is out that way now, (Lake Erie)
Looked up where that was. I spent 5 days in Corning this summer to. Nice area.
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 08:14 PM   #3200

Hey Wildbill!

They were talking Oklahoma cause they were telling me about the 2016 "Jamboree"!!!

We could all end up there.

It is hard to keep up with these threads. It seemed easier when Terry was working? Now that he is sitting back and going camping, it all got hard for the rest of us!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 05:08 AM   #3201

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Bill, it is a nice area, upstate ny. including the Adirondacks is real nice. Lloyd, It was easy before when I was building, hopefully I will be building the TV, after that I don't know what we will do . Have to resort to a Blog post? Hope we can all meet in Oklahoma on the 4th of July.
Old 08-28-2015, 08:00 AM   #3202

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Bap,
I will be in Elkin, WVa. it is east of I79 north east of Charleston.
Terry,
I have seen the blasted four letter cuss word (s__w) in late October up in the ski resorts south of Beckly, at over 3000' elevation, the temps ted to be a lot cooler as you know too well.
WildeBill,
I am at a nice park that is right on Lake Erie called Brookside Beach Campground, it is about 25 miles west of Dunkirk, NY. We are planning on going to Liberty Farms in Woodward, Ok. for 4th of July 2016, Jay has invited us to his new spread. If you can work in into your travel plans, we would love to have a lot of the people on here that follow this post there.
Gordon,
I like the Agent Provocatuer, that fits.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 09:32 AM   #3203

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
It was easy before when I was building, hopefully I will be building the TV, after that I don't know what we will do . Have to resort to a Blog post? Hope we can all meet in Oklahoma on the 4th of July.
Hopefully you will be able to start the TV build soon. It would be great to see something happening with the new truck but you should take a break and get some camping or down time in before starting the next project.

We generally leave for the south around the beginning of Oct. Last year is was Sept 28. We could leave earlier this year but I have a dentist appointment on Oct 2.

Spent yesterday working on the tire pressures and making sure all of the TPMS were working. Had to replace a couple batteries in the caps but other than that all were working fine.

Have a great week of camping. I am sure the weather will be fine. If not you have a great place to relax.
Old 08-28-2015, 09:45 AM   #3204

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Frank I'm with you Agent P works well, AP for short. That Park sounds very nice, love to be near the water, (near not in). Gordon, Just waiting for the Ok from the Co that owns the truck to pick it up, probley be while we are away, that always happens. I really don't need any down time, I'm okay for a few days, then I get itchy to do something. The new TV will be great, I can put alot of tools ect in it . The weather for this coming week is supposed to be great, no rain, temps in the high 70's--80's, going to get in a bunch of riding and site seeing done.
Old 08-28-2015, 10:46 AM   #3205

Winnebago Owners Club
Agree on the TV. I am particularly fascinated by the 28 foot deck. It would be interesting to know what the wheelbase is.

If you kept 10' of the deck for the 5er and motorcycle chocks you could theoretically build a 18' toter box. Really depends on how far back the deck goes behind the rear axle. Would not want to go too far as I believe the resulting ride on the pin could be quite violent. I would go 16' toter (my belief is you can never get too big). I lived on a job in a 16' trailer and it was tight but comfortable. It obviously will depend on the features you are planning to install.

As I mentioned before I think the TOT could be used for weekends +/-, hunting, fishing and getting into some of the limited space campground should you decide you want to visit them. As well for short trips the mileage would likely be quite a bit better.

Just depends on whether or not you want to add a water system with toilet and propane for cooking and heating. Does lend itself to a larger propane tank fixed on the deck for supplying both the TV and TH. As well as a larger water tank you could use for supply should you end up boon docking. Unfortunately it would double up the systems for you to maintain.

Lots of options and opinions available but it will be great no matter what plan you finalize. Looking forward to the start of the TV project, code named "TOTer TOT".
Old 08-28-2015, 11:11 AM   #3206

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Gordon, Right now we plan on full systems in the "TOTer TOT", I would like to install large waste and fresh water tanks to supplement the TH, I am thinking a Macerator pump on the TH to pump into the TV's tanks. It would make a small RV to use as you say to take short trips and while we are moving.