Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2015, 01:18 PM   #3249

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Bill, It'll be like you turned a switch here, they are forecasting almost 90 here for tomorrow, but then its going down a little. We will have good weather for quite awhile but you could get some cold days/nights thrown in.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2015, 07:19 AM   #3250
bap

hey ----i see ya rail peekin in here,,,,,,lol how ya doin ...lol

same here terry,,it will be hot here in the dog days end of summer..our fields are like dust bowls we have,nt had a drop of rain in so long i cant remember.....
Old 09-07-2015, 02:59 PM   #3251

I stumbled across this post and started reading from the first post. I got interested and kept reading until I had finished all 233 pages.
I want to say to Terry and Eleanor, what a fantastic job. There’s no way you could get a TH of this caliber from the factory.
I want to say to everyone else ya’ll had great suggestions and very helpful hints.
As I was reading I would think this is one way to fix that prob and within the next post or 2 someone would post the same solution.
I’m from Alabama and they call us redneck engineers around here. No real formal education other than learning from the ground up with good instructions. We know how to get the job done and done right the first time. I am pretty good with electronics (20 yr Navy electronic tech). I also was a mechanic in a former life and have done most anything with or to a vehicle. I have driven everything from a tricycle to an 18 wheeler, the only thing I haven’t done is fly a plane (yet). I do ok with wood but my brother is the wood expert so I have him to ask for help when needed.
I have only upgraded the TV’s in my MH and fixed a few small probs, nothing close to what a lot of ya’ll have done.
Just wanted to say hi and let Terry and Eleanor what great work they do and how they and all the other folks sound like a group I wouldn’t mind hanging out with.
gseason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 03:05 PM   #3252

Winnebago Owners Club
gseason - welcome. It would help to get to know you if you added your names to a signature.
Old 09-07-2015, 04:17 PM   #3253

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Bap, we do need the rain, don't want it but we need it. Gseason, Welcome , Sounds like your just like the rest of us , jump in anytime, I'm going to be building a Toter out of a 4700 International to tow the TH (Toy Hauler), we always are open for suggestions. Thanks so much for the kudos we certainly appreciate it. We also have to finish the TH, sooo much to do .
Old 09-07-2015, 05:41 PM   #3254

OOPS, have been meaning to correct user info for a while and just kept forgetting (old age creeping up on me).

Curtis were you the one having the prob with your bikes rearend jumping around in the TH? I read so many posts I can't be sure I remembered right or not. I had the same prob with mine on the trailer the first time I had it on there and think I figured it out. I had the max air pressure in the shock for when me and the DW were riding and never thought to lower it for trailering. The next time I put it on the trailer I lowered the PSI to half and the backend stayed put. Just thought I would throw that out to see if it might help.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:28 PM   #3255

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi George, Nope I'm Terry, I think Gordon might have had a bike jumpin prob. plus I ride an ole Harley with regular shocks, (I think its a plus ) Do you ride a Gold wing too? If so I'm out numbered so I'll behave . But that's a good idea that I'll keep in mind, I transport other bikes too.
Old 09-07-2015, 07:43 PM   #3256

Oh by the way thanks for the welcome everyone. I don't know where my manners are today.

Sorry Curtis and Gordon

No don't have an Old Wing (just poking fun at you Wing guys and gals). I ride one of the other American bikes, a Victory Cross Country Tour (another couch on wheels). Started out on mini-bikes moved up to dirt bikes and my first legal streetbike was a Yamaha 175 Enduro.

Yea the rear airshock is nice but if it's full the bike tends to bounce around a lot when hauling (I believe it's because the suspension is just to tight and doesn't give any instead of giving a little).

If I think of anything that might help I will offer it up.
Old 09-08-2015, 07:23 AM   #3257

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Hi George,
Welcome aboard. What part of the country are you from?
Terry,
I just noticed this morning that this thread has had over 250,000 views. Did you ever fathom a following like that when you started your project? WOW, I think that is fantastic, next stop a half a million views, which you should get when you get started on the Toter rebuild.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 08:04 AM   #3258

Hi George!

I have a wing, (actually 2). The victory bikes are nice. Don't matter to me what you ride, I can't recall a motorcycle I don't like. It is an illness I have.

Wow, good catch Frank. 250,000, that is amazing. Terry should be able to get some advertisers for this thread. That is a lot of views. I wonder how they count them? Are they unique viewers? No matter how they did it, Terry you are a IRV2 star!

L.
Old 09-08-2015, 08:27 AM   #3259

Looks fantastic, Terry and Eleanor!

Congratulations!!!!
Shawn
Old 09-08-2015, 11:36 AM   #3260

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Kinda crazy here, self induced . I'm trying to get a video put together, (its done I think) and purchased a Hotspot to try and trying to get it to "hook up" so I can complete setup, eeck. Like I said George, chime in any time . Frank, I never ever thought this would be so popular, maybe we'll get that half million in the TV segment, (that's Tow Vehicle). Lloyd, I'm with you I could care less what anyone rides. Its must be the interaction that this tread is so popular. Shawn, Thanks!! Nooow back to my technaboogle .
Old 09-08-2015, 01:30 PM   #3261

Welcome Aboard George !
(I'll assign you the first oar from the bow on the port side. That's the first in line for seagull deflection. Skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh kuh)
Congrats on reading the entire thread , tis a tough job but ye made it !

Terry
What kind of Hotspot did ya get ????
Old 09-08-2015, 03:02 PM   #3262

I'm from Huntsville, AL