Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-06-2015, 12:03 PM   #3473

I did the web search for recalls for the Saturn , just one about the neutral safety sw , didn't seem to apply.
Well , I took it to the shop and by some miracle it wouldn't start with the mechanic standing there !!!! , he replaced the starter , so far so good !
My parts guy gave me a good deal $112 (retail was $178) and the mechanic charged me $40 , I gave him $50 !

I asked if he wanted to replace my brake lines too and he said no !
Skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh , guess I'll have to do it myself , at least I can slide under the RV unlike the Saturn.......
I got rid of all my jacks , stands and other big heavy stuff when I started RVing fulltime.

My Straight Talk 4G hotspot is working OK for me (on Verizon towers)
$40/60days/4GB prepay cards (no contract) at Wally's and the unit is down to $50 now (I paid $80).
I had the 3G one first but I got the 4G before moving to the lake this summer.

I just park and wait out wind and rain (or snow) , never have a schedule when traveling,,,,,,,too much like my old job in the music biz , so no-mo !
I'll get there when I get there.

Sure glad the hurricane missed us , wish everyone south of here was so lucky. Hang in there guys , it'll dry up (or freeze ? )eventually.
Really sad about all that died down there .
AND on that 800' container ship too.....shoulda waited it out too !

Winterizing my rig always gets me down , that means I'll have to go through another winter instead of going to the wonderful desert lands.
I'll wait till the last minute for that , but I do have 12 gallons of RV antifreeze in my mom's shed from the last time it went on sale .
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2015, 03:38 PM   #3474

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Just lost a post, arrrg. Gordon, reliability is a must, I don't need to make a deadline anymore. Popeye, glad you got your moms car done, with winter coming you don't need her broke down. OOOKAY about the trany.......a MT643 is waaay bigger than AT545, 4" longer and the tailshaft is alot bigger, the output shaft approx. 3/4" larger. There is no way to make the parts fit from the E brake. Soooo I talked to the parts guy and asked by any chance did he get any AT545's in? Lo and behold he did, so we bought the original type trans to be installed. Plus it only cost 250.00. Not exactly what we wanted but we can go a different route for overdrive. I can say that the company we dealt with was excellent, I will be back, AND they will let me wander around and find stuff .
Old 10-06-2015, 03:54 PM   #3475

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Forgot I took some pics, also some videos but stay tuned for that. The pic of the truck bodies is just one small area.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1006151516.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	519.2 KB
ID:	108939   Click image for larger version

Name:	1006151212a.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	709.4 KB
ID:	108940  

Old 10-06-2015, 07:21 PM   #3476

Winnebago Owners Club
Terry - sorry about the MT transmission. Has to be disappointing but we all had hopes. The AT will work well for you.

That yard looks like a well organized and maintained operation. It would be fun to wander around and find all kinds of gems.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:34 PM   #3477

Dang!

Terry, will they let us camp there? I love a good junk yard! Great deal on the transmission.

L.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:35 PM   #3478

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Foot View Post
Thanks Frank - I'll see if I can find that thread and get caught up!
We have a spot reserved for us here:
Arizonian
I'll let you know in a few months how it is there... We plan on doing a bunch of exploring in the mountains with our SxS...
Attachment 108611

Regards - Randy & Da
2015 F350 CC-DRW-409 Diesel / 2008 Rage'n Stryker 4005 Toy Hauler / 2014 Arctic Cat Wildcat Trail-XT
Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum

Hey Randy is your new toy made by Artic Cat?
nice new toy. Do you tow it 4 down or a karkaddy?

LOLOL,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 11:46 PM   #3479

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Great deal on the tranny, Terry! Gear vendors for the OD, or a 2 speed rear end swap? Man, that is the cleanest "Boneyard" I have ever seen! That tranny looks new? Nice! Rail!
PS, The post snatching gremlin is still getting a few?? I have had good luck for quite awhile now!! Knock on wood!!
Old 10-07-2015, 04:45 AM   #3480

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Gordon, That was probley the best organized and run yard I have seen in quite some time, everyone was very friendly and took the time to talk and see what you needed, no rushing you out the door after ether. They do everything from selling used trucks and trailers, to scrap metal, hundreds of engines, trany's and rears. all organized and inside old school buses that they cut the one side off so a fork lift can get what ever they want out, neet. Lloyd, they let you wander and pick what you want, tell them and a mechanic goes and gets it off. Rail, I'm thinking an air ride two speed axle swap . Yup that post snatcher is still out there , he gets ya when you let your guard down, (like when you don't copy)
Old 10-07-2015, 05:51 AM   #3481

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
If that was directed @ me I apologize.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 07:01 AM   #3482

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Tim, nope it was for me, a couple of posts ago I lost a post to the snatcher because I didn't copy, no need to apologize .
Old 10-07-2015, 07:02 AM   #3483

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
I agree with the others, a nice looking yard, and I can see why you like to go there. Things work out for the best, I guess that it was meant to be to stay with the 545, I would wonder about the drive ratio for your road speed. You would want the 65 mph rpm to be right around your torque peak. I am not sure what the governed max rpm is on the 466, but I know on my enines, when the governed max was around 2100, I would get the 65mph rpm around 1700 to 1800. I would think that would still give you good take off speed, and not need the OD or the 2 spd. Just my thoughts.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 07:11 AM   #3484

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning All;
Testing ways to beat the post snatcher/destroyer.

I am currently typing this in notepad. I will then copy and paste the text into IRV2. I am also going to try Word as I believe it will work as well.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:11 AM   #3485

Winnebago Owners Club
Notepad works, going to try Word next as I like the formatting better.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:15 AM   #3486

Winnebago Owners Club
Here is the test for typing a post in Word.

I like using Word better as I have used it quite a bit more than Notepad. I do not know if any formatting in Word will work so I am going to try it.

Italics – I am writing this in italics.

Bold – I am going to bold the word bold in this sentence.