Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2015, 07:17 AM   #3487

Winnebago Owners Club
Well I have tried an entry using Wordpad and an entry using Word. Have not lost either to the post snatcher. This was NOT a scientific test so all I can say was 2 out of 2 were successful.

I think most of us have been frustrated by typing a fairly long entry for the thread and then have had it just 'disappear'. Frustrating to say the least and then a bit of cussing because I am not the fastest typer! Then try to remember what I wrote. No matter how hard I work at it all of the good ideas I documented are near impossible to recreate.

Bad part of all of this is although I will have great intentions I am going to forget quite quickly and go back to typing directly into the thread. I know I am going to lose another post (or more) before I make it a habit to use Word. Go figure!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2015, 07:31 AM   #3488

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Gordon,
I just highlite the post and right click, then copy, if you don't loose the post, you have to do nothing, and the copied post goes away when you close out of the site or you copy the next one.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 07:31 AM   #3489

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Wow Terry,

That is the cleanest bone yard ever, I wouldn't mind walking around one of those myself. What I would really like to find is a RV bone yard and spend some time walking around one of those. I think they could hold a lot of treasures. Know where any are?

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 09:10 AM   #3490

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Frank, There will be more testing before I commit to changing the rear, That's just one option if I decide I need something. Gordon, I think that should be one way to get around losing our posts, I find the only time I lose is when I forget to save . Lynne, I don't know of any RV yards, but I know they are out there, would like to scrounge around myself . I put up a quick video as we drove around the "yard", unfortunately I didn't have alot of time to poke around. We will be back!! .
Old 10-07-2015, 10:11 AM   #3491

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
Gordon,
I just highlite the post and right click, then copy, if you don't loose the post, you have to do nothing, and the copied post goes away when you close out of the site or you copy the next one.
Frank
Thanks Frank.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:15 AM   #3492

Oh my GOSHK!
I thought I lost a post yesterday.......

Turns out , I posted it to this thread and was looking for it in Goooooooooooooodmorning !

Wow Terry , that is a nice looking boneyard. I like the camping suggestion .
Nice clean looking tranny , hope it answers your dreams.

There are RV boneyards out there , lots in Indiana including some surplus outlets , but some big ones in other states too. I'll look , I have a list saved somewhere.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:50 AM   #3493

Winnebago Owners Club
There is an RV bone yard in Yuma but it looks pretty junky from the road.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:03 PM   #3494

Total Rebuild

Sorry about the Ignition switch deal Popeye... It was worth a shot anyway....

Terry - good news on the tranny and also a big thumbs up on the 2 speed rear axle!

Tim - yes it is an Arctic Cat and no I don't tow it. My camper is a Toy Hauler and that is its home when we're on the road...

Well guys day three of retired life... Still nervous about it... I did get some work done on the Toy Hauler today though - so that was good... Wired in another 110v circuit to run a pair of 16" LED light strips for Dar's vanity.. It worked out pretty good but was a bear trying to fish the wiring through the wall.. Even tried the string and vacuum cleaner trick.

Regards - Randy & Dar
2015 F350 CC-DRW-409 Diesel / 2008 Rage'n Stryker 4005 Toy Hauler / 2014 Arctic Cat Wildcat Trail-XT
Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 10-07-2015, 06:41 PM   #3495

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Evening, Gordon, I've been using that copy thing and most of the time it works. Popeye, I hate that when I lose a post, and find it somewhere else . The trany looks good so far, pulled the front and rear seals out and ordered new ones, pulled the pan off and found very minor debris , and the fluid smelled ok, (not burnt ect.) so ordered a new filter kit and gasket, will pull all the sensors out and swap them with the ones already in the truck, (I know they work). Randy, I've been retired now little over a year and its still a little strange not getting up and leaving to go to work, it is nice to work here at home with no time constraints, the pay sucks though . Pulling wire in an RV is really tough there is just no straight shot to anything. For those who are following I posted a follow-up to my flatbed build.
Old 10-07-2015, 09:11 PM   #3496

Randy , no sweat , you could have nailed it just as easy.
I was kind of hoping that was it , sure would have made it a LOT cheaper fix.
Same goes to every one that posted their thoughts , guess that is the spirit of this thread anyway , no? We're all in this together.

Terry
I've found myself confused about which thread I read something and which to post my answers..................

I came to the realization that pretty much everybody reads both so it doesn't really matter.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:21 AM   #3497

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Popeye, That's true I think most of us read both threads. Today will be spent running to pick up parts, of course they are not in the same place, only 50 miles apart, of course its 40 miles to get to the first one . Have a Great Day All.
Old 10-08-2015, 05:58 AM   #3498

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Popeye,
I agree with Terry, most of us read both threads anyways. Well have a good day all, catch you tomorrow.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 11:07 AM   #3499

Terry
git 'er done .

I did a parts run today as well , master cyl , calipers , rear cylinders , and 3 flex lines. I couldn't find a tag with the brake code # , supposed to be in my glove box (that doesn't exist) so my parts guy went into detective mode and quoted his best guess #s , he's been right so many times before I just said "get 'em "....... under $200.
Gonna have to use the tape measure and calipers on the lines though !
Old 10-08-2015, 03:29 PM   #3500

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Popeye, that's not a bad price for all those parts, should do it up in fine style. We collected all the trany parts today, still need to pick up some trany fluid, take the Tot'r over to a buddies Friday afternoon that has a shop big enough for it to fit, and we will be all set for Sunday. Since its a pull and install it should be a one day job, (famous last words).