Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-14-2015, 06:09 PM   #3543

Winnebago Owners Club
Nice to have it out of the snow this winter. It will be much better for it than being outside. Next spring will still be looking like new.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2015, 06:28 PM   #3544

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Gordon, be really hard not having it here to work on when the weather cooperates, but its much better there, stay tuned for spring .

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 08:25 AM   #3545

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
That looks like quite a building, Glad to see the TH inside, it will stay looking good and you will have less weather related problems. It is always hard to put her away for the winter, but then it is happy times when you get it out in the spring. Hopefully Eleanor can retire soon, then you guys can join Lloyd, and Lynne, along with Gordon, Tim and Us for the winter. It would be a hoot to all spend a winter at the same park.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 08:52 AM   #3546

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Boy now there's a thought.
They would probably shut her down after we all left...
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 09:09 AM   #3547

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Frank, yup its in a good place, (the TH), we'll get it out late March early April, so we can finish the solar system and some other stuff, would like to get some color on the sides to break up all that white, going to wait till the Tot'r to be done so it can be done to match. It sure would be great to spend the winter with all you guys and gals.......like Tim says they would shut down when we left . Well catching up on things before it gets too cold, (31* this AM). Might bring home the Tot'r tomorrow, gotta look at an oil leak, (might be the filter) and change the oil, since I have no idea when it was done last.
Old 10-16-2015, 06:09 AM   #3548

Terry,
I hope that it is just the filter on the oil leak. Sounds like winter is going to give you a hit early this year. It is supposed to get down to the upper 20's here tomorrow night, thankfully we will be at Lloyd's where it will be in the 40's.
Later gang, have to get ready to leave,
Frank
Old 10-16-2015, 06:20 AM   #3549

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Frank, yup it was the filter, it was leaking around the gasket, so we changed the filter and the oil, one more check off the list of maintenance, will change out the fuel and water filters little later, the air filter was done a few thousand miles ago, and that's good for a long time. Have a safe trip to Lloyd's today, getting a little closer to Florida with every move. Have a Great Day All.
Old 10-17-2015, 06:40 AM   #3550

Terry,
Thanks, had a nice trip, although it was 8 hrs of driving(UHGGGGG). Glad that it was just the filter. Yes, trying to stay ahead of the cold is getting hard this year, will be in Fl on Monday if we don't have any problems.
Have a good day,
Frank
Old 10-17-2015, 08:26 AM   #3551

Good morning folks!
Glad you have indoor storage Terry... Ice seems to really take its toll on any RV. We used an ADCO cover on ours last winter and it does help.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1445088277.116269.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	109778Sorry for the lack of participation here but we are hustling like crazy to get everything done before Nov-1 when we pull the plug and start the trek to the south... I still have the whole left side of the camper to buff out, paint decals and the wax. Right side, nose and rear are done!
Bad news on the right side is that after waxing it, it became clearly evident that we have some delamination going on just under the front window extending down toward the basement door. I may fix that this winter with epoxy resin.

Regards - Randy & Dar
2015 F350 CC-DRW-409 Diesel / 2008 Rage'n Stryker 4005 Toy Hauler / 2014 Arctic Cat Wildcat Trail-XT
Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 10-17-2015, 09:09 AM   #3552

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Frank, good to see you made it to Lloyd's safe and sound, I can feel your pain driving for 8 hrs. , remember when that was just getting going?, (before DOT and electronic log books ). Randy, nice looking rig , ice was the deciding thing for putting the TH inside, it gets inside all the cracks and crevices and opens them up, covers definitely help, I also didn't want the weight of the snow on it and the solar collectors. Crazy about the rigs with delamination, really makes one think about the construction. Have a Great Day All.
Old 10-17-2015, 09:29 AM   #3553

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning,
Frank & Mrs. Glad you made it safe and sound. I understand you had a great dinner and friendship. My brothers farm house was built in 1876 and is really nice lots of clear finished oak.
I'm thinking the first day I will shoot for 8 hours but that depends if my back will make it that far... When I drove over the road we had to do log books no electronic ones. I can remember driving way more than a 8ter more like 12-16, seems I always ended up with a partner that couldn't get out of the sleeper.
I am so ready too go South but have to get those rear tires replaced before it gets back on the hwy.
Got the first frost last night, I can't wait for one of those apples today. I think I might start the winterization process today.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 10:10 AM   #3554

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Cold here last night (24*) with a dusting of snow , supposed to go to the teens tonight then warm up next week, hope so. Will be bringing the Tot'r home probley next Friday, then if the weather cooperates maybe get the 12' body on before real cold weather sets in, then I can work inside ? this winter, would be nice but not sure if it'll work out. Like to get it mostly done then finish it up in the spring. I think spring will be extremely busy for me next year, with two vehicles to get ready to travel.
Old 10-18-2015, 10:43 AM   #3555

Winnebago Owners Club
Terry - thanks for the update. Hope the weather holds for you. Should be good as it is still early.
Old 10-18-2015, 12:51 PM   #3556

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
That is a nice building.
We have ben island hoping down the Texas coast. Spent a week above Houston then moved to Galveston Island for about a week. Now at Mustang Island State Park. Drove down North Padre Island to The Padre Island National Seashore today.
Hate to hear it is getting cold up there. It is still in the mid 80s and the Gulf water temp is 80.
Bill

WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote