Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-18-2015, 02:37 PM   #3557

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Thanks for all the well wishes guys, Had a great time at Lloyds, and will stop there everytime we are in the neighborhood, even if it is only to say hi. Had a partial tail wind again today, so mileage should be sound.Got fuel in SC yesterday at $2.09 9/10 sure makes a difference in the final bill, that is 30cents a gallon less than I have paid anywhere else.
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2015, 03:17 PM   #3558

Winnebago Owners Club
Frank - did you carve your name on one of the trees being one of the first to use Lloyds Paradise Resort?

Old 10-18-2015, 04:43 PM   #3559

Hey Gordon!

I saw Terry's post early this morning about signing his TH,,,, and it struck me. Ran up the hill with a sharpie and Frank signed and dated the inside door of the "Party Shed".

The door is 7'x7', plenty of room on there for more!

This Lloyd's Paradise Resort is too hard to type, I think LPR site 1!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 06:04 PM   #3560

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Evening, Gordon, yup I think the weather will moderate next week, Bill, that sounds like fun going down the coast like that . Frank, that fuel price sounds great wish it was like that up here, fuel here is running 2.79 / 2.89. Lloyd, I'm pretty sure you gave me the idea on signing the door on the TH, Frank is getting a lot of "firsts" nice going! Catch all later .
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 06:23 PM   #3561

Ahhhh! Didn't think about Frank being first! He is FAST! He is first 2 out 2.

The rest of you better get moving!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 05:34 AM   #3562

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Yes Lloyd, hopefully we started something. Lots of places to see and people to meet, after all there are over 260,000 views of this thread, Doing my best to meet as many of these people as we can. So far have meet 4. Lynne has met 2 (that I know of). So it is up to you guys to get out there and meet new people. Hopefully we will get those numbers into double digits out at Jay's.
Have a Great Day All,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 07:27 AM   #3563

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, COLD here this morning 17* , should start warming after today . Lloyd, Frank, yup we all need to get out there..........after this winter thing gets over . Have a great day all .
Old 10-19-2015, 09:33 AM   #3564

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning,
d Coffee is good, left overs from last night.
Boy that would be fun meeting Hey if things work out we just might meet Gordon and the Mrs this winter in Az. How bout it Gordon?

Man I made the biggest BOOBOO yesterday. (Pictures too follow)
I pulled the Micro out of the space so I could replace the light bulb and found a mess in the space, Clumps of wires screws not screwed all the way in & a broken outlet cover. So I set Joe to get the bulb so I thought I would screw the screws that were 1/2 way out back in. They were all stripped out. So I got my coffee can with sheetrock screws (my best friend along with the duck tape) so I could use a little longer screw. Most screwed into the supports for the upper storage compartments. The outside wall I Just screwed in a different place with same size screws.
Now in home and businesses they have to put a metal plate over electrical wires in the wall but they didn't do it in MH's at least in 1982 and sure enough I hit a set of wires and popped the breaker in the S&B the tv went out and I was watching the Vikes game so I tried to reset the breaker and it popped faster than I could reset the breaker, so I started the genie so I could at least watch the rest of the game. So I backed out the last screw I put in and the power came back on after resetting the breaker.
So should I open the wall and make the repair or do you think I should be fine?

Sorry this is soooo long but that was my Sunday.

Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 10:17 AM   #3565

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Morning,
d Coffee is good, left overs from last night.
Boy that would be fun meeting Hey if things work out we just might meet Gordon and the Mrs this winter in Az. How bout it Gordon?

Tim
Tim - we are definitely up for a get together. Quartzite is only 80 miles from here and we are trying to get out on the bikes as often as possible. That being said it is the same distance from Quartzite to Yuma.

Other option is I could check out to see if the site behind us is spoken for.

Interesting story about the electrical. I was going to call it entertaining except for the issues. It never seems to happen unless you have something going on at the same moment. My thoughts on the matter - you could leave it but I would never trust it not to arc or short again. It is probably a lot of work to fix but it would give you peace of mind. Remember though as soon as you open it up you will find several more things to fix!

As a footnote - how did the Vikings do?
Old 10-19-2015, 11:29 AM   #3566

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
They won over KC
I hope that they let me pass thru KC with out any problems lol
I hear a squirrel on the roof. I have to go get it off.
I would drive to Yuma in a heart beat I remember it as a beautiful place little that I saw on that one trip I would love too see more. Its a big salad bowl if I remember it correctly.
What do they get for the spot per month behind you and do they have that 10 year rule.
You know a trip up too Lake Havasu would be fun we could rent a convertible and you guys could ride your bike.
To bad I couldn't bring the 64. I can't imanage what a enclosed trailer would cost .

Tim
Ps I am going to cut the wall open and c what I did. Your right it would always have me thinking
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 01:10 PM   #3567

Hoping for MK's complete remission coming soon , that chemo stuff can really knock th' wind outa ya ! I had a good friend in Nashville go through that a few years back while I was there....
Hang in there Bud we're all pullin' for ya !

Tim
A little electrical tape , liquid or roll , should fix it up. hope you don't hit the wires again while cutting the wall open !!!

Wild Bill's weather report from the Texas coast is sounding real good right now. It's not as cold here as Terry's place last night but I saw 28* early this morning and only in the 40s today.

Gordon N Spritz
Dang ,sure jealous of you guys in the desert SW. I'll consider those posts a "wish you were here" post card.

I just spotted something that might throw me a curve on my repairs to the moho, a 1969 Dodge Travco with a for sale sign in the window. Will need LOTS of repairs too but none to the structure (fiberglass over steel framed) Some serious heavy thinkin' will be in order......
I tried attaching a pic , hope it makes it into my post.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	414.5 KB
ID:	109929  
Old 10-19-2015, 06:14 PM   #3568

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Evening, Tim, yup I would pull the wall out too, more than likely nothing would happen .....but. Popeye, just think no leaks inside, more room plus a very neat RV, if it has a good price and doesn't need huge amount of work might be a good deal. Gordon, thanks for the rundown on price. But the post disappeared
Old 10-19-2015, 08:57 PM   #3569

Winnebago Owners Club
Terry sent you a PM
Old 10-19-2015, 10:28 PM   #3570

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
Hoping for MK's complete remission coming soon , that chemo stuff can really knock th' wind outa ya ! I had a good friend in Nashville go through that a few years back while I was there....
Hang in there Bud we're all pullin' for ya !

Tim
A little electrical tape , liquid or roll , should fix it up. hope you don't hit the wires again while cutting the wall open !!!

Wild Bill's weather report from the Texas coast is sounding real good right now. It's not as cold here as Terry's place last night but I saw 28* early this morning and only in the 40s today.

Gordon N Spritz
Dang ,sure jealous of you guys in the desert SW. I'll consider those posts a "wish you were here" post card.

I just spotted something that might throw me a curve on my repairs to the moho, a 1969 Dodge Travco with a for sale sign in the window. Will need LOTS of repairs too but none to the structure (fiberglass over steel framed) Some serious heavy thinkin' will be in order......
I tried attaching a pic , hope it makes it into my post.
Popeye - I like the looks of the Travco. Has great lines. I can see it with some refurbishing as a mighty fine place to call home.

Dont consider those posts as a wish you were here but an invitation to join us when the time is right. There is a spot here for you when you get your other committements taken care of. Business and family come first. Admirable characteristic.