Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2015, 06:13 AM   #3613

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Everyone passed the test, that I stated the wrong side for the dump valves I have no idea why I said that, I know they need to be on the other side, major brain fart. . Thanks for keeping me honest! Rail, the frames are not even close, plus the supports are very rusty and not enough of them, I'll be easier to build a new platform for the body and floor.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2015, 06:32 AM   #3614

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
Boy did you slip that one by me, I didn't even think about being on the wrong side,(DUHHH!!!). As usual the guys are right on the ball and will keep you honest. The torque of that motor is what will make it a pleasure to drive, but I would bet that you will still want to turn it up a little.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 07:30 AM   #3615

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Morning Frank, Yup I messed up on that one, I'll have to try and correct it in the video, may need to take it down and repost it with correction, for someone that doesn't know I wouldn't want the wrong info out there . This engine is computer controlled so I think I can chip it to get a little more out of it, but being reliable is my biggest goal so if it takes me a little while longer to get there that's ok.
Old 10-25-2015, 08:48 AM   #3616

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Okay I took the video down, did some captions to correct MY mistakes, it will be back up when it reloads. Thanks to all.
Old 10-25-2015, 09:16 AM   #3617

Winnebago Owners Club
Terry - I am sure you would have caught it long before there were any issues. Nice test for all of us though, it gives us a feeling of contributing. It will keep us on our toes. LOL
Old 10-25-2015, 02:50 PM   #3618

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Okay guys I fixed the video , should have the corrections in, I just didn't want false info out there. Here is the link to the "new" version.
Old 10-25-2015, 05:29 PM   #3619

Awwwww geeeeeze Gordon , now I have to stay on my toes ??

You know , I've been to campgrounds that had hookups everywhere BUT where they were supposed to be !
Guess they definitely weren't RVers.
Old 10-25-2015, 06:23 PM   #3620

Winnebago Owners Club
Popeye - I have been on my toes for so long I am 6 feet tall. Why should it be any different for you? LOL I think it would be very difficult to get something past you IMO.
Old 10-25-2015, 06:43 PM   #3621

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Gordon's like a drill instructor I once knew, I was on toes so much I coulda done ballet . Course it wasn't funny at the time .
Old 10-25-2015, 08:11 PM   #3622

Freightliner Owners Club
You guys are down right funny. I know what you mean about staying on your toes though. It is harder to do the older we get though. Terry,
I know that it is computer controlled and that you can safely turn it up somewhere around 325HP, as there are some engines set to that from the factory, I am not sure about 350hp, that might touch on the reliability somewhat. I would talk to one of the knowledgeable mechanics at International to find out if they will turn them up and not only how high they recommend, but any reliability issues that they run into. That's what I would do if it was mine.
Frank
Old 10-25-2015, 08:29 PM   #3623

Winnebago Owners Club
Hey Terry;
Is there any way you could get electric door locks for Tot'r? I was thinking that if you install something like that very economically you could hook some courtesy lights to shine on the tanks steps for getting into the truck.

Don't expect you will be doing much night driving but the occasion may arise and that would be a great enhancement.

I added Tot'r to my spell check. I think that is a great name for the new tractor.
Old 10-26-2015, 03:51 AM   #3624

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Frank, that's one of the things I'll be looking into, (turning up the engine), there are a few things that I'd like to do, I need a few more gauges to keep an eye on things engine related. Of course twin stacks are a must . Gordon, I'm sure that electric door locks could be adapted, when I had the body shop we did several electric door actuators, after shaving the door handles, a set of step lights would be real nice touch. Even just having to move a vehicle around at night or getting in to get something would make it handy, (would look cool too) . I think Bap gave the name Tot'r Tot, sounded good to me too. Supposed to be good weather next couple of days, we need to order the steel for the new platform and see about getting the tractor over with a bucket loader to lift the body off the van. Have a Great Day All.
Old 10-26-2015, 06:14 AM   #3625

Freightliner Owners Club
Hi Terry,
Pyro, boost and trans temp are a must. The step lights would be cool. I used those single led that fit in a 7/8" hole for my running boards and they light things up really well. I tied in to the rear side lights on the fenders, so they flash with the lights when I hit the door lock fob.
Frank
Old 10-26-2015, 06:27 AM   #3626

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Frank, that's the gauges I was thinking about, I like to know what's going on. I was thinking this for lighting .
Attached Images