Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-26-2015, 07:55 AM   #3627

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Frank, that's the gauges I was thinking about, I like to know what's going on. I was thinking this for lighting .
When I was little, and dad would take us on rv trips out west in our little 26' allegro... my favorite thing in the whole world was when we would see a big semi decked out like that with all the lights and twin stacks. Those were the days when truckers were the cowboys of the modern age...

good memories...

-cheers

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2015, 08:07 AM   #3628

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Piker, I too grew up watching big rigs, mine was around log yards when truckers would pick up loads of logs and pulp wood from the camps that my father run, then later when I had my own rigs, good times and rough men, most played as hard as they worked.

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 09:49 AM   #3629

Winnebago Owners Club
'Sun Glasses at Night' Corey Hart
Old 10-26-2015, 10:20 AM   #3630

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Gordon, not necessarily my kind of music but are you suggesting a theme song. The tractor is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon . hope to start work on the platform later in the week.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:26 PM   #3631

Winnebago Owners Club
Just looked at the picture of the truck lit up and the first thing that came to mind was the song. It sure is bright.

If you are looking for a theme song I would lean more towards 'On the Road Again' Willie Nelson. I am not a theme song kind of person because my preference changes depending upon the circumstances.

Looking forward to the video of the front end loader.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:33 PM   #3632

Life is a Highway... the original by Tom Cochran... or the remake by Rascal Flatts... either one... a favorite of ours when rolling down the interstate.

Piker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 12:48 PM   #3633

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Gordon, My music preference changes with my mood, but mostly oldies, (who woulda thought) Piker, my granddaughter likes those guys We will be filming, try and get it together, should be interesting, we moved a 20 some foot long shed by putting plywood and 2X6's on the bucket and went up against the ceiling, we are doing the same thing and setting it on one of my trailers, at least that's the plan. We have moved some funny things thru the years, Eleanor came home one day from yard sale shopping and told me I had to go move a garage because she just bought it
Old 10-26-2015, 04:25 PM   #3634

Winnebago Owners Club
You know when I was little (many many years ago) I thought a garage sale was to sell the garage. I thought "Why would they want to sell their garage? Where will they keep all of the stuff that's in it?"

Now I know they want to sell the stuff and keep the garage so they will have a place to store the new stuff they are going to buy!!
Old 10-26-2015, 06:09 PM   #3635

Hi Guys!

When I was a kid, my father was fleet manager for a trucking company that delivered groceries to a large chain of grocery stores covering the southern part of N.Y., including the city. I would work there in the summer, fuel trucks, grease trailers etc..

Would love to watch the over the road trucks (hundreds of them) come in and deliver to the warehouses. I like the lights! Now with LED's you can add millions!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 11:09 PM   #3636

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
That is what I had in mind, the only thing is that you have to light up the TH to match.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 12:28 AM   #3637

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Chicken Lights!!! Called that because of the "Chicken Hauler's" were some of the first to start putting all the extra lights on their trucks! The first MH I had was a 1974 Shasta class A, and must have been owned by a old trucker, because it had lights all over it, must have had 100 of them! They were all the old bulb type, and a hassle to keep all of them burning at the same time!! I ended taking most of them off, just because it was taking all of my free time, trying to keep them on! It did look cool at night!
Rail!
Old 10-27-2015, 09:16 AM   #3638

Wow I just caught up with your progress Terry.
Lots of twists and turns!
Caught the Dump Location right off but decided to read more pages before I mentioned it. Glad the guys caugt it. It would have been a real pain to drag the hoses under the Truck every time you wanted to dump. Or dealing with the stink eye you'd get for pulling into the dump stations backwards.

I've been needing a donor camper trailer so I could finish outfitting my Cargo Trailer with the basic camping appliances so I can finish off the Toter Trailer build in it for our Expedition Rides. Fold down beds are a heck of a lot easier in these old bones than getting up off the ground every morning.

Hey I saw your shop does it have a beam in it you can put a trolly winch on?
I have one in my shop and it sure makes life a lot easier. When I speced out the Building with the manufacturer I had them factor in 2000 lb loading 36 inches left of night of the main supoport beam. I hung up a 16 x 2 inch 32 ft aluminum I beam up there and added a 1500 lb 120 volt winch. Then I derated everything to 1000 lbs. I never need to pick up that much so it's a safety factor for me.

It only goes one way, but sure does make life easier. It allow me access to the overhead storage loft I built inside the shop over the machine shop where I store all my engines and rear ends at. Keeps the heavy bulky stuff off the floor space.

(Edit note: The picture only show one of the 16 ft beams. There are 2 beams up there now and they go 2/3 rd of the way across the building. I have one more beam and one day I'll put it up if I ever need to put anything on the top of the Motorhome.)

Keep up the good work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	I beam going in 1.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	110466  
Old 10-27-2015, 09:51 AM   #3639

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Brrrrr 26* this am, but had to get with it, the tractor w/loader is coming to hopefully take the body off in one piece. Washed it today with an antibacterial soap to kill off the stuff that's growing on it, looks better. Chicken Lights LOL I haven't heard that term in years, Rail that's it . Curtis the shop that I was in wasn't really built heavy enough, I think when the guy had it built it was really just for storage and parking his cars in, (its a friend of mine's shop) but like alot of things its use evolved and now his son works out of it. I suggested putting in a couple of side beams and then tying them in at the top with another across, but he doesn't usually do that kind of work. Up here there is no end of donor RV's, Look in the Albany, NY Craigs List. there is one now that would be perfect, its a truck camper that fell off the jacks and split the seams but the interior is okay, (for now) 300.00 several motorhomes ranging from 1500.00 some look okay, needing motor work ect. I could be busy forever just restoring. Well gotta go, Stay Tuned
Old 10-27-2015, 09:56 AM   #3640

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Couldn't resist, Sorry South.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10007430_978990105480876_7154664163604724204_n.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	110471