Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-09-2015, 08:08 AM   #3767

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Morning Frank, yup, I haven't got the second floor in yet, figured it would be better to get it closed up. I'll put a coat of paint on the raw plywood to keep it, not sure if I'll get the siding on this winter.

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2015, 02:45 PM   #3768

There's a Guy on the 4X4 Forum that built a Toter Truck for his 5'ver and use an Airstream Trailer body for his Toter Sleeper/ Camper. It's big! He built a side door entry with a fold down set of steps that reach all the way to the ground. It's pretty slick. And he has this 5'er that is ginormous.

I keep telling Melissa I want to get an Isuzu FSR flatbed so I can mount a camper on the back and then sell off the Motorhome. She thinks I'm nuts to give up the amenities of our Big Coach for a Truck Camper. But I'm thinking I need an expedition rig because I like to get farther back than your normal RV Campers.

But like most of us I'm getting too old to work on another long build.
Especially if I want to get it finished.

But, Who Knows?

Old 11-09-2015, 03:14 PM   #3769

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Curtis, I need to check that build out...I do know what you mean about starting a big build and getting too old to finish..........at least to be able to use it after Well got the plywood sealed/painted supposed to rain the rest of the week
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1109151554.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	617.0 KB
ID:	111530  
Old 11-09-2015, 04:11 PM   #3770

Winnebago Owners Club
IMO there are a couple kinds of builds, well actually more, but I like to characterize two.

There is the build you take to completion before using and there is the build you take far enough to start using. It becomes the "never ending build" that although may have some rough spots, is practical and serves the purpose.

It seems to me that most builds are the "never ending" kind as no matter if you think you are finished or not you will find something to change, improve or fix. I think there is a club dedicated to that purpose - the CLAC'rs.
Old 11-09-2015, 04:27 PM   #3771

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Gordon, My builds are definitely the never ending
Old 11-09-2015, 04:36 PM   #3772

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Hi Gordon, My builds are definitely the never ending
Terry - as well they should be. We are never satisfied with the status-quo - it is not an option.
Old 11-10-2015, 05:26 AM   #3773

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, 33* overnight going to the 50's, but supposed to start raining later for the next 3 or 4 days . Have a two part video up here's the first part, second later today.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:52 AM   #3774

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
Great video and the paint job is not too shabby either. Keep up the great work.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 09:00 AM   #3775

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Thanks Frank, Alot of what I do is very boring for a video, hence the fast forward, still gives an idea of what I'm doing. Just finishing up the latest segment, seems I'm always behind on the videos , you guys and gals always know what's going on first
Old 11-10-2015, 10:03 AM   #3776

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ha! The never ending build is the life of a CLACer.

Terry - Some trivia for ya. It's 59 this morning at Liberty Farms with a high today expected to be 79. Highs in the mid 60's the rest of the week. Oh, and there is a place for sale nearby. 10 acres, a home and four outbuildings, one big enough to be a shop that will fit that toter. I think its $225K and property taxes of $500/yr

That build is looking good. At least now it's weather tight. If it were me, and funds were limited, I'd focus on getting it to where it could be used to pull the TH so I could use it come spring. Otherwise I'd be stuck in my driveway all year.

DW is wanting to pull the S&B off the market and has a few more updates in mind. Think my CLAC disease is starting to infect her after 20 years. LOL.

We have a powder room she wants to change the tile in and another bathroom she wants to retile as well. I have to admit those do look a bit dated.

I want to add french doors off the kitchen to an upper level deck with stairs down to the existing deck (about 3' drop). Will cost us about 4K to do all of it since I can do the work. The door alone in about 1200. If we do we will jack up the price at least 10K or I'm not doing it. We will see what the agents say this week.

Have a blessed day folks
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 01:07 PM   #3777

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Jay, that property sounds very nice especially the taxes, I have 45 acres here and my taxes are well north of 5000.00 a year. I don't think I'm buying anymore land through, would love to just sell this to my son and get out of Dodge , maybe after Eleanor retires. It's always a challenge to figure what will sell a house, my MIL tried to sell hers and couldn't so we went in and redid the hardwood floors, changed a couple of doors, laid carpet upstairs and painted a neutral color thru out the house jacked the price up and sold it, people are nuts. Here's the second half of the video.
Old 11-10-2015, 04:40 PM   #3778

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Good Morning, 33* overnight going to the 50's, but supposed to start raining later for the next 3 or 4 days . Have a two part video up here's the first part, second later today.
If you hit the You Tube button and watch it on You Tube, hit that Subscribe button and you will get notified of future vids.
Hey Terry;
Watched the video. Great editing and music. Good director. The actor is really giving his all!

Should make a fitness video. Call it Sweating in the 50 and 60 (temp) with Terry.

This also could be a how to video.

On to the next video.
Old 11-10-2015, 05:02 PM   #3779

Winnebago Owners Club
Wow Terry;
Lets face it. No apology required for the engine noise. Added realism as well as was a nice background. This is a working video.

I am sorry but I did not find it at all boring. Well I did notice the dog tired quickly and had to have a nap part way through. Looked like he has no trust issues with your organization. Quite impressive what you did by yourself. Remarkable patience and skill were demonstrated as well as ingenuity.

This was great.

Say Hi to Eleanor for Janet and me.
Old 11-10-2015, 05:28 PM   #3780

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Evening, Hi Gordon, Eleanor says hi back to both. Thanks for the kudos, Trying to compress several hrs. of video into something that someone might want to watch is challenging, turning on the camera and basically walking away and seeing what transpires can be interesting, (I hope), if someone gets an idea on how to do something from one of the videos, is what the plan is. I hope OSHA doesn't subscribe . Satchel (the dog) is a 12 year old pitbull that is just more interested in his toy that I have to throw every now and then or he cries. I got things picked up around the shop and parked the Tot'r so I don't have to plow around it and still be able to work on it, the snow is coming sometime, I just know it. Have a Great night

« Exhaust | - »