Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-13-2015, 06:57 PM   #3809

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I agree with you Terry on the probably using the A/C more than the heat, at least till Eleanor retires and you guys get to take off for longer jaunts. Then all bets are off as to which you would use more.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2015, 06:35 AM   #3810

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Frank, yup who knows after Eleanor retires where we will end up at any one time . Very cold here today 29* snow showers and real windy, yuk.
Old 11-14-2015, 09:07 AM   #3811

Winnebago Owners Club
Some thoughts:
Retirement has it's privileges and one of them is determining where you would like to be in order to do what you want to do.

One of the items I have noted is the toys you have for the TH. MC and cold/cooler weather are mutually exclusive so I expect warmer climes will be in your agenda.

Now if you had a snow machine or several sets of skis I would guess cooler temperatures were in your future.

I do enjoy snow for a brief period each year but am finding warmer temperatures are more to my liking. We are going home to enjoy Christmas with the family and will be going to Salt Lake City for a couple weeks of skiing with friends. That is my snow limit. Salt Lake is generally around 25 +/- and I hope it will not be -40 at home. I have some Gerbing heated gear so 'shoveling snow' with the tractor can be enjoyable.

Sorry about the crappy weather. Possibly a day for some R&R is in order. Work on the Tot'r bunkhouse can take as long as necessary IMO. It is on and now gives you the opportunity to place the 5 wheel. Tot'r can pull the TH with or without the bunkhouse completed.

While a finished bunkhouse would be nice you will in all likelihood take the TH and motorcycles. Brief excursions with just the Tot'r probably will not happen until you are on the road after Eleanor has retired. Until then there would be enough things to see and do on day trips with the MC. IMO

I think the pressure should be off to move things quickly.
Old 11-14-2015, 11:53 AM   #3812

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Hey Terry,
I thought about you and what you could do with this fine unit. (Blue unit)
I really liked the car, it would make a good conversation unit @ the campground/resort, but it was way out of my reach.
Maybe when I win the lotto
Tim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20151020_151807 - Copy.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	360.5 KB
ID:	111881   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151020_152159.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	231.9 KB
ID:	111884  

Name:	20151020_152017.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	380.7 KB
ID:	111885   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151020_151902.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	225.7 KB
ID:	111886  

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 01:07 PM   #3813

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Hey Terry,
I thought about you and what you could do with this fine unit. (Blue unit)
I really liked the car, it would make a good conversation unit @ the campground/resort, but it was way out of my reach.
Maybe when I win the lotto
Tim
This would look good with a Harley Engine in it. And a 6 speed.
Old 11-14-2015, 02:21 PM   #3814

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Gordon, I think I could use a day off............but Eleanor had other plans, redoing a bedroom that my granddaughter uses, (she turns ten in a couple of days) so it was tore apart yesterday and started back together and finished this morning. Then off to a buddies to help with a restore project on a low rise car lift for his shop, freeing up pivot points and welding up cracks ect, all done so they can repaint and install. So much for a day off . Tim, I've seen some of those pretty neet for sure, Gordon, I even have an engine that could go right in there
Old 11-14-2015, 03:26 PM   #3815

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Good Afternoon, Gordon, I think I could use a day off............but Eleanor had other plans, redoing a bedroom that my granddaughter uses, (she turns ten in a couple of days) so it was tore apart yesterday and started back together and finished this morning. Then off to a buddies to help with a restore project on a low rise car lift for his shop, freeing up pivot points and welding up cracks ect, all done so they can repaint and install. So much for a day off . Tim, I've seen some of those pretty neet for sure, Gordon, I even have an engine that could go right in there
Redoing the bedroom for your #2 helper (after Eleanor) is certainly a task worth doing. I have 3 grand daughters and they are of an age where they still like working with grampa.

Put the engine in, load it up on the TH and come down to the dunes. Couple guys here are sand fanatics and would love to show you the fun.

Happy Hour in 30 minutes. Got to start getting ready.

Have a great evening.
Old 11-14-2015, 05:52 PM   #3816

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Gordon, I'm going to be late for happy hour . I love playing in sand . Here's what I did in my granddaughters room, (Eleanor's design) Oh and here's a quick look at the rear section of the Tot'r
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1114150911.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	502.5 KB
ID:	111961  
Old 11-14-2015, 07:17 PM   #3817

Winnebago Owners Club
Terry and Eleanor;
I really like what you did with the design and construction in the bedroom. It really looks inviting. Not my favorite color but fit for a princess! I am sure your grand daughter will be thrilled. Perfect place for stuffies and other keepsakes.

Good video and more ideas. Not good ones but something to think about.

Would there be any merit to building the bunkhouse with the ability to haul toys? The shot out through the back door framed a quad. Would the quad fit in the bunkhouse so can take the bikes and quad when you are traveling? Then you would have the ability to take sand and asphalt toys on your trips.

Washroom and kitchen would be at front and the bed would have to fold onto the wall. Hmmmm??

I think it would be very complex to travel with the full unit and building ramps etc to get the quad on the Tot'r deck could make it very messy.
Old 11-15-2015, 05:16 AM   #3818

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Gordon, that would give your vette a run for the money. A buddy of mine many years ago put a 350 in a Chev Vega, man was that thing quick.
Got to go for my MRI on a Sunday...
Tim
Old 11-15-2015, 05:49 AM   #3819

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
Your granddaughter will love her new room. Tell her that Rita appreciated her thank you card and the note that came with it. Nice job on the video update, you will be able to get a Hollywood job as a producer by the time you are finished with the Tot'r.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 08:52 AM   #3820

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Gordon, that would give your vette a run for the money. A buddy of mine many years ago put a 350 in a Chev Vega, man was that thing quick.
Got to go for my MRI on a Sunday...
Tim
Hey Tim;
I watched a special on television years ago. It was all about Vette drags. You had to have a Vette to be part of it. Some fellow showed up with a Chevette with a corvette engine and ran really strong. I do not know if he won or not but it was impressive.
Old 11-15-2015, 09:01 AM   #3821

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I think you are making great progress.
I just want to say one thing about all the chatter about moving. I for one don't believe in the sell the homestead and go on the road plan. I have to much "stuff" No I won't sell it all. Yes You might look at relocating your home base or just traveling when it is to cold at home (snowbird) plan. I grew up in Western NY in the snow belt so I know what cold nasty winters can be like.
I would recommend doing some traveling and then see if you want to move the home base.
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 09:37 AM   #3822

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I think I know what your talking about I think (at least the one I watched) was called Pink Slip I'm pretty sure.
I have 2 older brothers that have had vetts, oldest had a 69 vett 454/ 4 speed convert. Dark green
Bob had a 72 Canary Yellow S1 Stingray TTops 350 automatic a real dog but it looked sharp.
And as you know I went luxury but she has a 429/with a Edelbrock Performer Series Carb and I can get the possi to spin the rears a good 15 feet. Pretty good for a car that big.
Not bragging or anything well yea I am!!!!!
Say do you think I might find somewhere to park down there or will they come up to Quartzite so I can get the PA waxed?
Thanks,
Tim