Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-15-2015, 11:39 AM   #3823

Winnebago Owners Club
Tim - you should be able to find somewhere to park here. I think there will be room here but management says they are near fully booked. I know a bunch of folks who are not coming or coming later because of the dollar. Currently seems to be lots of empty spots but they say they are booked?? HMMMM!

There probably is guys who are in Quartzite who will wash and wax. Just that I do not know them. The guys here will not travel 80 miles to do the work unless you pay them. It would be expensive I would guess.

I would check with the park you have reservations in. They would know of anyone who offers the service in Quartzite. It would/could be cheaper than driving down and back to have the work done.

Now if you were to come down to do some sightseeing in Yuma that would be different.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-15-2015, 05:32 PM   #3824

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Evening, Gordon, thanks, look closer at the rear door video, there's no quad, lawn mower, yes. wouldn't mind having a quad but can't have all the toys. Frank, Katrina just saw her room, quite a surprise, she was gone all weekend. Not sure that Hollywood would be ready for me . Bill, I'm hoping that my son purchases our S&B when we are ready, that way we can keep our "stuff" and still travel . Right now he has a trailer on our property that could be moved out and a slab put in as a docking area for when we are in the area. Tim, we had a 68 vette, 350 w/a 4 spd. nothing fancy, sold it for a down payment on our house. Have a Great Night All.

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 06:08 PM   #3825

Winnebago Owners Club
Hey Terry;
I believe you. Maybe it was wishful thinking about the quad, lawn mower hey! But with a harley engine would be fine sand machine.

Hope the trip to check out the prospect for Rail was successful and a good report for him.
Old 11-15-2015, 08:52 PM   #3826

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Gordon, Yup I could see a Harley lawn mower. The MH would take just a little too much to be what I would call viable for a runner . Just got off the phone with Rail, after talking it over it was decided to pass on it.
Old 11-15-2015, 09:05 PM   #3827

Winnebago Owners Club
Understand about the runner. Can rent quads down here should the need arise. Or go with one of the fellows as a rider.

Good and bad news for Rail. Good you looked at it for him and gave him the best advice possible. Bad that his search still continues.

Did a bit of an outing today to the Arizona Outdoor Market. Bought a few things but on the way back drove by a place called the RV Peddler. Noticed a lot of MH in the yard with what seemed to be reasonable prices in the windows. Did not stop and the drive past was only an impression.

I checked and they do not seem to list their inventory on the web so hard to tell what they would have that Rail would be interested in. I will send him their information and perhaps he can email or call them.
Old 11-15-2015, 09:19 PM   #3828

Winnebago Owners Club
Little more poking on the web and I found a website for them.
Old 11-15-2015, 10:26 PM   #3829

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi Terry and Eleanor, I want to thank you two for the great job of going and looking at the MH for me! When we get together, dinner and drinks will be on me!!
You did a bang up job, and the catch of the ceiling ht. in the shower was a big one! You are 6'1" and your head hit the roof, me at 6'3" would have been a real problem! I could see me taking a shower sitting down on one of those little plastic stool's Not having propane or water in the system's so they could be checked out, mostly the propane generator, the furnace, water heater, was a big mistake for the guy selling it?
Oh well, the right one will come along!!
Gordon, I checked out that site, and none have prices on them, so a call would be in order!
Tim, there will be someone in the Quartzsite area that can do anything you want done to your coach! That place survives on the snowbirds!
Every one have a great day! Rail!
Old 11-16-2015, 06:53 AM   #3830

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Bill,
It was hard to give up the shop(36' wide by 68' deep with 13'6' ceiling height) but once on the road it is nice, might not be for everyone, but works for us.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 09:13 AM   #3831

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by guardrail53 View Post
Hi Terry and Eleanor, I want to thank you two for the great job of going and looking at the MH for me! When we get together, dinner and drinks will be on me!!
You did a bang up job, and the catch of the ceiling ht. in the shower was a big one! You are 6'1" and your head hit the roof, me at 6'3" would have been a real problem! I could see me taking a shower sitting down on one of those little plastic stool's Not having propane or water in the system's so they could be checked out, mostly the propane generator, the furnace, water heater, was a big mistake for the guy selling it?
Oh well, the right one will come along!!
Gordon, I checked out that site, and none have prices on them, so a call would be in order!
Tim, there will be someone in the Quartzsite area that can do anything you want done to your coach! That place survives on the snowbirds!
Every one have a great day! Rail!
Hi Rail;
Noticed there were no prices on the web as well. Saw prices in the windows when we drove by so they have a starting price. Friends were looking at a 5er there a few years ago. They were willing to move on the price but they found another one they liked better so did not buy from Peddler.

If you can get a stock number from something in Yuma it is not very far to go to see the unit and if they quoted you the price on the window. I am not too bad at appearance and systems but am a bit short on chassis experience.

Besides the Peddler there are a number of self sell and consignment lots here. Commonly known as "lemon lots" there are bargains to be had but could take some time to find the 'one'. "They" say the lots have more this fall than previous years as many are trying to sell because they are not coming south because of the dollar.

I will try to get out and check out some of them but it will be a few days. Issue is the good ones that are really reasonably priced do not seem to last long. Would be great if you were able to spend a week or two here and hope you get lucky with the right one.
Old 11-16-2015, 10:20 AM   #3832

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Hey Rail,
I hear ya on the shower height I'm 6'1. I seem to be alright in ours it's just small. I can't even imagine trying to take a bath in the tub. I'd have my knee's under my chin.
I have about the same experience , Most of my life was in Boating though, but I still have a feel for a good vehicle. Haven't had a lemon yet.
I'm always shopping, not many vehicle's we drive by with out stopping if their for sale. Another Plus for retirement.
I'll keep my eyes peeled.

That would be cool. 3 more that would meet & Greet.
Gordon and us are planning on it, I got a feeling there will be quite a few for sale @ Quartzite
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 01:13 PM   #3833

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Nice work on that bedroom Terry.

Rail, shoot me a msg about what you are looking for. There are several smaler dealers along with plenty of FSBO units around here.

I'm going to look at this one in abut an hour

Used 1998 Holiday Rambler Navigator CLASS A DIESEL in Marysville 1RF120617W1015248
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 01:25 PM   #3834

Winnebago Owners Club
Hey Jay;
It looks comfortable, well appointed and well maintained. Good luck on finding it suitable.
Old 11-16-2015, 02:11 PM   #3835

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Rail, no problem glad to do it, I'll hold you to the dinner though Jay, nice looking coach hope you find it to your liking and you can make a deal. Spent the day servicing and checking out vehicles, one of my least favorite things to do, Eleanor's buggy.....two broken exhaust hangers and a rear axle output seal leak , repaired the hangers and have to order the seal. This sucks having to work on my own car, used to just schedule it at the shop and have one of the techs do it .
Old 11-16-2015, 06:51 PM   #3836

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Hey Jay;
It looks comfortable, well appointed and well maintained. Good luck on finding it suitable.
X's2 Really nice and low miles. We like the idea with the wide passenger seat for the girls...
Tim

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote