Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-04-2015, 12:30 PM   #3963

Terry
No snow on the coast ,thanks to that thing called the ocean !

They make a little kit that mounts on the water pump with a valve and a piece of hose to fill directly from a gallon jug of pink , probably could make or modify that connected to as big a tank of pink you think you might need.

Oh OH , my rig's in the shop , finally getting at least some of my brake system redone. They had a slow day.....
PLUS I got to sleep in the shop last night 50* !

I'm SOOOO glad I didn't do this myself , those drums and rotors are HUMONGOUS !
This old guy wouldn't have a prayer lifting those!!!
Not enough spinach , not enough spinach , not enough spinach !

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2015, 01:30 PM   #3964

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Popeye, yup I have one of those kits on the TH, very handy, that's what I was thinking that if I took something like that and just put in valves and hooked it up permanent with a tank it would be sooo easy to winterize. Not sure how much I will really use it in the winter, but the option would always be there, never know there maybe a load going somewhere warm that I could hook up to and go........... Glad you didn't get the snow I saw on the weather report, and your getting your brakes done,.......a very important piece of equipment . Well getting a cold rain here right now, (at least its not snow), just got back from working on the donor, got the bathtub ready to pull out, (its a one piece with surround) might find its way into the TH.

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 05:41 PM   #3965

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
I was at the donor today, Thought I'd post a picture of the sky light in the bathroom area, this is what happens when you don't maintain the caulking around your roof units.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1204151231.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	359.1 KB
ID:	113391  
Old 12-04-2015, 09:24 PM   #3966

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Tot'r looks good Terry, and I think you have a good idea with the tank for the pink stuff, needs to be 3 or 4 gals. not that you will need that much, but you don't want to run the pump dry either. The damage to the donor makes one want to cry, what a shame.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 10:05 AM   #3967

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
I was at the donor today, Thought I'd post a picture of the sky light in the bathroom area, this is what happens when you don't maintain the caulking around your roof units.
Notice they put the roofing material on then cut the hole or cut the roofing material to the edge of the hole. I wonder why they did not cut the roofing material long enough to fold inside? Then any water would have run down and dripped on the floor.
Old 12-05-2015, 12:31 PM   #3968

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Frank, That's about what I was thinking on a tank, so the hunt will be on, (I enjoy the hunt for parts), Gordon, that's just what I was thinking it wouldn't have taken any more time to do. Well people called today and said they had the money for the old Cornfield Caddy , so that will be gone Mon or Tue, now anybody got a Air Ride 5th wheel lying around for sale? that's high on the list and the steel for the Toter Body , this might get done yet
Old 12-05-2015, 01:18 PM   #3969

Winnebago Owners Club
Going to be sad to see the Caddy go. Had to I know but it was nice seeing it hooked to the front of the TH. Now the Tot'r is the man!!!
Old 12-06-2015, 06:32 AM   #3970

Retired Fire Service RVer's
With the Cornfield Caddy going, that should help with the funds to finish the Tot'r.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 06:59 AM   #3971

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Gordon, yup, just like the ole song that Silver Bullet band sings, Turn the Page, it was a good tester, every one I build gets a little better, (and bigger ) Frank, yes with selling the Caddy, I now have the funds to get the Tot'r almost done, (maybe all done with a little shopping), once it gets to a certain point and I can start testing there is always something else to do. First on the list is the 5th wheel hitch, then I can design the body around it, should be pretty cool, so many ideas in my head . going back to the donor today temps are headed for 50* again.
Old 12-06-2015, 07:21 AM   #3972
bap

hey terry if you use the donor tub ya know Lloyd will want ya to paint it honda red...lol
Old 12-06-2015, 07:38 AM   #3973

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Bap, oh nooo,
Old 12-06-2015, 07:57 AM   #3974

Ive been holding back,,,,,,

I'm thinking a nice Honda Red accent on the TH and TV to make them a match when Terry is done. It is a lot to sand,,,, but my brother in-law lives just down the road!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 08:15 AM   #3975
bap

that would be nice..to have the bil to sneek down and get the sanding done for terry while he isnt looking...lol
Old 12-06-2015, 09:58 AM   #3976

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Ive been holding back,,,,,,

I'm thinking a nice Honda Red accent on the TH and TV to make them a match when Terry is done. It is a lot to sand,,,, but my brother in-law lives just down the road!

L.
I have been thinking the same thing. Nice red accents to go with the Harley colors inside. Make a nice transition and certainly be an eye catcher.

Also would leave our options open if we were going to try to get some sponsorship for Terry's film making. We could call it the "Honda Harley by Harley RV Show starring Terry (aka Harley)". Well maybe we would have to shorten up the title as it is a mouthful but is does have a ring! LOL

I am sure whatever Eleanor and Terry select for a graphics design will be classy. There is such a great canvas to work on that it will be exciting to see it. We could start a pool on what the result will be. I will bet on NO Honda Red in the final.