Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-15-2015, 12:59 AM   #4047

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Terry, that will work great and will make the TV ride great! Good job!! Rail!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2015, 04:46 AM   #4048

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Frank, that's 1/2 plate, figured it was heavy enough, . there will be side plates extending down outside the frame rails for a bumper pull hitch, (to be made yet). Rail, I'm hoping that by adding a little extra weight that the TV will ride better. Weather is very windy today and raining right now, (better than snow).

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 10:59 AM   #4049

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
Yeah, I would guess that the plate is thick enough.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 01:02 PM   #4050

3/4 would have been better....lol...looks stout enough to me.
Old 12-15-2015, 07:47 PM   #4051

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Evening, I was going for the weight, rides better that way, (not really but it can't hurt). Today was a wash cold rain and high wind, just not pleasant working conditions. Have been receiving parts that I will be needing at some point. Will be picking up the metal for the body soon.
Old 12-15-2015, 08:03 PM   #4052

Looks great Terry!

Brrrr, that's too cold for me anymore. I would stay in. Guess I been here in the south too long. There was a time....

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 08:26 PM   #4053

Hey Lloyd,
it only took me a month to turn into a southern boy, now anything below 60* is cold for me, lol.
Frank
Old 12-15-2015, 09:06 PM   #4054

Skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh
That's the same problem I have ...
I've spent too many winters in the warmth of the s+sw ,,,,now I can't cope with anything below 60 (more like below zero here in Maine) and any form of frozen precipitation !
Old 12-15-2015, 11:01 PM   #4055

Winnebago Owners Club
Took a day and I am loving the cooler weather. Put on my coat, hat, mitts, scarf, sweater, shirt, t-shirt, long johns, pants, and ski doo suit. Drats now I have to go to the washroom!!! LOL

Weather here is OK. Had a bit of snow today but it looks really clean out in the back yard.
Old 12-16-2015, 05:36 AM   #4056

Gordon I have a picture in my head of you looking like Ralphie in the Christmas Story movie. Don't put your tongue on the flag pole!

Yes Frank, once you get South, you adapt really quickly. I do miss playing in the snow. Used to love to ride our Snowmobiles in the Adirondack state park and such. Don't miss having to go to work in it.

Around here (and I am not kidding) if they forecast snow, complete panic sets in, nobody comes to work, all the milk and bread is gone, and even if you know what to do you stay off the roads. There are many, many unsafe drivers that you can tangle in.

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 07:53 AM   #4057

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, When in the Corps, I was in warm climes my whole tour, (sometimes it was too warm, if you know what I mean), and I still ended up back here in the north but I so much want to get down south now. Lloyd, I remember more than once while on base in Parris Island and Camp Lejeune that the base would close down for a little snow and I mean little 1" or so then they start closing roads crazy.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:16 AM   #4058

Winnebago Owners Club
I think I prefer the cold more than the heat. I can always dress for the cold but after a while you run out of clothes to take off in the heat. Not to say that 70 - 80 degree weather is bad. I like that as well.

Having had 65 Christmas's in the snow the two we had when we stayed in Yuma were too brown. Great people in the park but Christmas lights hanging on a suaghero or palm tree is not the same as lights on a pine tree. Sure felt a lot more Christmas spirit when we landed in the snow.
Old 12-16-2015, 11:52 AM   #4059

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
I think I prefer the cold more than the heat. I can always dress for the cold but after a while you run out of clothes to take off in the heat. Not to say that 70 - 80 degree weather is bad. I like that as well.

Having had 65 Christmas's in the snow the two we had when we stayed in Yuma were too brown. Great people in the park but Christmas lights hanging on a suaghero or palm tree is not the same as lights on a pine tree. Sure felt a lot more Christmas spirit when we landed in the snow.
Dont forget the golf cart parade where everyone decorates their golf cart My in laws live in Surprise at Happy Trails and I know they do this assuming more of these parks do as well.

I have never lived anywhere besides the PNW so I can't imagine not having the green trees, snow, and cooler temps for the Xmas season.
Old 12-16-2015, 11:58 AM   #4060

Awwww, you guys are no fun, I have the front of the camper all lit up and the christmas tree is sitting on the pinbox. We have a white christmas exchange on christmas eve, and a nice pot luck dinner on christmas day.
Frank

« Exhaust | - »