Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-16-2015, 11:16 AM   #4061

Winnebago Owners Club
Wadayamean no fun? We are always fun. Making snow angels, shoveling snow, making snowballs, coming in for hot chocolate (with schnapps) and a crackling fireplace.

Not to mention frosted spectacles, rosy cheeks and cold fingers!! LOL
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2015, 12:11 PM   #4062

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Guy's I haven't had the opportunity to have a Christmas in warm climes in peace times, but I sure would like the chance, I have decorated Huey's, jeeps and an occasional palm tree and sure loved them all. Well, we got parts today for the brake controller, and the electrical plug for the trailer, running wires for the brakes and a power wire for the compressor for the hitch. got the 5/8" grade 8 bolts in the hitch mount so by the end of today I could hook up to a trailer . Supposed to have the hardware to bolt down the body tomorrow, then I could hook up to a trailer and go get the steel for the back body and the side skirts where all the lower compartments are going. That's where the waste tanks, fresh water, water heater, furnace ect are going. I hope the good weather holds then I can get a good start on the exterior body components.
Old 12-16-2015, 12:26 PM   #4063

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Hey folks. LTNS.

Terry things seem to be coming along. Pretty well considering the time of year.

Been busy making candy and cookies the last 2 weeks. Have been selling the candy as a fundraiser for Liberty Farms. 2000 chocolate truffles and 10 lbs of caramels. Still have a bunch to make and get shipped before the weekend is over.

I'll check in when I can.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 02:00 PM   #4064

Hey Gordon ,,,should we tell them about the "runny nose icicles" and/or the "mustache/beard icicles"when snow blowing or out on sleds ???
Old 12-16-2015, 04:50 PM   #4065

Winnebago Owners Club
Popeye - I don't think we should. It would ruin any chance of getting them out on a frosty day to make snow angels. LOL
Old 12-16-2015, 05:01 PM   #4066

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Jay, Eleanor's been busy making cookies and all kinds of sweet things also, only thing is, hers ends up on my waist line . Popeye, Gordon, the visuals are not very pleasant, but an outside up north probability .
Old 12-17-2015, 01:34 AM   #4067

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Terry, "end up on my waistline" Hahahaha,, I resemble that remark!
Ok, I am at the hospital yesterday, getting ready to see the Dr., and they weigh you, and check your blood pressure before you go see him. They let you do the weight your self, so I take off my shoes, step on the scales, ( 99.9 Kilo's )!! OH, I say, and the lady behind me taps my arm, points to the bag in my hand of 2 loaves of sweet bread, and some fresh fruit!! OH, again comes out of my mouth! So I set it down on the chair next to me, ( 99.8 ) MUCH Better,, I say!!! She cracks up, Me Too!!
Terry enjoy the good weather, after all, you know it is just a matter of time!! Rail!
Old 12-17-2015, 03:39 AM   #4068

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Rail, good one , always make sure you drop the packages Before weighing . Rainy today but warm (50*) going down into the high 30's for the weekend then back up next week, but now they are saying rain for most of the next week so not sure what is going to get done . Have a Great Day
Old 12-17-2015, 08:16 AM   #4069

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
how come the goodies in the bag weigh 0.1 kilos, but when you eat them you weigh 0.2 kilos more afterwards? Terry, sounds like you will have to work inside the tot'r instead of on the hitch. It is great having the holidays in the warmer climates, You would have to drag me kicking and screaming back north, lol.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 08:34 AM   #4070

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I do know about snow. I grew up in western NY on lake Erie. I do know about snow. Now in Fort Worth. They don't get snow, well last year one storm that dropped 5-6 in of fluff that lasted 2 days. We get ice and I don't care you can't drive on ice. The good news is it usually only last for a day or two.
Todays high 58 gradually warming till Mondays hi 70.
Yes I like snow but under my terms. I will drive up into the mountains near Denver if I need to be cold and play in the snow.
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 08:43 AM   #4071

Winnebago Owners Club
I am with Frank on the weight discrepancy. Must be the liquid we drink to wash the food down.

My issue is I gain weight on my tummy. If it went to my butt I would be a lot happier and could sit longer on hard chairs!!! LOL

Terry - hope the weather clears up so you can finish the hitch and deck. Do you have a place to prime the installation once it is complete?

Looking forward to progress and more videos and pictures. Always brightens up my day.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:07 AM   #4072

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Guys and Gals, Well it didn't rain yet but it sure looks like it will soon, stopped for lunch, (bad idea, it'll be raining when I want to go back out), so I got the hitch compressor wired, had to run to town and get heavier wire, wanted to run a dedicated wire just for the hitch from the batteries, fused of course. So now the hitch works as advertised , let the air all out then refilled to the prescribed line, when you hook a trailer up you then fill to the line again, easy peasy. Also got the brake controller hooked up and its internal computer says its hooked up correct, nice. Bill, western NY is totally the snow belt with the lake affect stuff, every time I have to go there in the winter it seems to be snowing. Gordon, thanks for the kudos, I have a bit of video footage to put together in a film, hard to get alot because of the cold and wearing gloves, need to take the time to sit down and edit. Oh, I don't have a place inside to prime the body its going to have to wait until spring
Old 12-17-2015, 02:06 PM   #4073

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Here's a quick vid on pulling the reefer from the donor.
Old 12-17-2015, 04:02 PM   #4074

I am sure the Coors light helped it all go smoother!
Tim&Paula is offline   Reply With Quote