Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-17-2015, 05:10 PM   #4075

Since I am new to the Total Rebuild gang, how many 5th wheels have you rebuilt? There are so many pages in this thread it is hard to keep up with everything you have done.

Tim&Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-17-2015, 05:43 PM   #4076

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi, Tim I've only documented the one toy hauler that I rebuilt from the ground up, I've been involved in repairing a few others. Now I'm building a Toter. My background has been building race cars from the ground up as well as having a repair shop. Oh, Tim I don't drink, the Coors box was junk left by a previous owner . Now coffee I can attest that I drink wayyy to much .

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 07:20 PM   #4077

I am with Tim on this one, after 4,000 posts my brain started to fade. I must say that I am impressed with your toy box rebuild and the transmission saga for the tow vehicle. You have some nice room to put all these things and be able to work on them but I bet it is getting rather cold there about now. Judging by your name and hat, I see you have been on the Harleys, I have ridden several versions for the last 36 years.
Old 12-17-2015, 08:09 PM   #4078

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
530KTM, Welcome, yup its been a long process building these rv's. Sounds like we've been riding about the same amount of years, one of my first bikes was a 48 Indian Chief darn bike left me stranded more times than I rode it home . bought as a basket case, then it was stolen, at that time he didn't get much. I used to be a Drag and Bikers Choice dealer and ran a Auto and Motorcycle repair shops, Son did the cars I did the bikes. we built a few customs along the way, my bike of choice right now is a custom full dresser Softail, just like the lines and the way it rides. By the looks of your name you into the Dual Sport bikes? Have a Great Night
Old 12-18-2015, 12:25 PM   #4079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
530KTM, Welcome, yup its been a long process building these rv's. Sounds like we've been riding about the same amount of years, one of my first bikes was a 48 Indian Chief darn bike left me stranded more times than I rode it home . bought as a basket case, then it was stolen, at that time he didn't get much. I used to be a Drag and Bikers Choice dealer and ran a Auto and Motorcycle repair shops, Son did the cars I did the bikes. we built a few customs along the way, my bike of choice right now is a custom full dresser Softail, just like the lines and the way it rides. By the looks of your name you into the Dual Sport bikes? Have a Great Night
I have actually been riding bikes for 43 years, first Harley was a 75th anniversary Electraglide. Been on the dirt bikes for the same amount of time and yes I now ride the desert on my KTM. My wife and I like to ride two up and I hate to admit this but I sold my Road King and bought a new Goldwing since it seems to be the best bike out there for the long distance two up riding. Something I swore would never happen but I must admit I really enjoy the bike. I am easy, as long as it has two wheels and is fun all is good for me.
Old 12-18-2015, 12:41 PM   #4080

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Yup I'm the same way, two or three wheels is good for me, I rode with a side hack for a long time. It's hard to beat the wings for smooth riding, my wife rides her own bike so I don't worry about have to go two up. I have severe arthritis in my hands now so can't ride long distance anymore, hence the toy hauler, we drive the TH then ride the bikes. Well hooked up to a trailer today, first since mounting the 5th wheel . need to make a couple adjustments but it looks good to go. The trailer that's hooked has to be finished, first it needs a straight pin box not the extended one it has, pheww that's long between the 5th wheel and the pin box mount.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1218151318.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	934.9 KB
ID:	114433  
Old 12-18-2015, 01:03 PM   #4081

Winnebago Owners Club
The rig is getting there Terry.

About how much distance will be between the front of the TH and the bunkhouse? Is there enough room to build a small dog house on the bunkhouse for an awning?
Old 12-18-2015, 01:16 PM   #4082

Terry
That rig is looking real good , too bad you have to wait to get the TH out of storage to try it out........Oh well , that gives you all winter and spring to finish it off !
Old 12-18-2015, 02:16 PM   #4083

Looks aesome Terry you do great work.
Old 12-18-2015, 02:29 PM   #4084

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Thanks guys, considering the temps today never went past 31* and we keep getting some snow flurries getting anything done outside is tough, but we keep pluggin away. Wired the trailer for lights, after putting the 5th wheel box on I had to extend the wires, gotta get it ready to go get the steel for the body.
Old 12-18-2015, 06:25 PM   #4085

Your a man on a mission Terry.... I would be done with that. I'm spoiled, around here we wait a few days and find a warmer one.

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 06:43 PM   #4086

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Lloyd, trouble is this may BE the warmer one this time of year . Tomorrow they say its gonna be colder Sat. and Sun. then warm up, if Albany makes it till the 24th with no snow it will be the longest ever the we haven't had snow yet. Last year Buffalo already had 8' of snow, they are expecting 20" tonight into tomorrow. Crazy weather but I'll take since I have to be here.
Old 12-20-2015, 04:20 PM   #4087

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Terry,

I'm sure the cold doesn't help your hands at all. The winter weather here in MI has been pretty fantastic so far. 26 this AM then got to 40 and supposed to be 60 Tues and Wed. Like you said, will take it because it is where we live.

I was at my sister's in Texas one August and will never go back there that time of year. Walked outside her door and broke out in a sweat and could barely breath it was so hot.

The nice thing about the MH is once I retire I can get the best of both seasons, MI in summer and south in winter. Somewhere warm from East to West.

Have a Merry Christmas, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 04:29 PM   #4088

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Lynne, I shouldn't complain about the weather its been really good, supposed to warm next week, 60* by Christmas eve. If we don't get snow by the 24th we will have broke all records for NOT getting snow yet, I like breaking those records. Was busy today making brackets to put on the wind deflector on the Tot'r, I don't want to drill holes in the roof if I can help it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1220151602.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	478.6 KB
ID:	114566