Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-23-2016, 07:47 AM   #4369

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Lloyd, the fuel tank that I'm going to use came off from an International cab over medium duty truck, I think its 50 or 60 gal, need to clean off the data plate to check, I figured to use it as a refueling station for the bikes as well as a tank for the genny. I'm not going to complain about the weather here after seeing what others are going thru, so far we have just had cold, next week its supposed to go to mid 30's that will be nice. The latest storm should pass us by right now its 13*. will be tacking up the right side sheet metal today so I can move to the left side. once all that is installed hopefully its a little warmer so I can weld it all up, just so hard to get inside all that and move with all the clothes I have to put on .

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2016, 07:02 PM   #4370

Hey Terry! That tank ought to be great. You won't have to refill near as much as I did. Don't know if there is a Northern Tool near you? But they have all the components for the filling station pump nozzel etc..

31* here now, sun got our for awhile this afternoon, got up to 36* and melted some of our ice.

I spent the afternoon in the barn, installing the new serpentine belt on the coach. Have to tear apart the bedroom to get to it, they sure made these rear radiator coaches a bear to work on. However it is running again, and the new altenator is altenating...

L.

Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 07:32 PM   #4371

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good evening, Lloyd, great news about the serp. belt, its crazy how you have to work on those, worked on a few rear engine buses before never liked it. We worked in/on the shop today, I've got the right side compartment sheet metal ready to weld, but just got tired of tripping over pretty much everything in the shop. I have a very nice flat steel 4X8 welding table that was buried under alot of "stuff/junk?" and I'm welding on a makeshift table I set up on saw horses, its like, why am I doing this? So today was spent cleaning the shop and setting it back up to do work inside. I also built a swinging table for my chop saw that attaches to my welding table, now I can cut with my table or swing it 90* and cut the opposite way, that way I can cut 24' lengths. So now it should be easier. Plus I don't have makeshift table in the bay, right in the way.
Old 01-23-2016, 08:03 PM   #4372

A large organized space to work on the project,,,,,priceless!

Temps warm enough to melt ice and snow,,,,,priceless!

The high temp here today was 18*
Tuesday and Wednesday "might" be near 40*....
Old 01-24-2016, 06:29 AM   #4373

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Popeye, yup you wouldn't know it by looking at my shop lately but I always was an organize person, everything has a place, but had a relapse . Its getting better I just need more room, after I sold my shop I had to put alot of stuff in space I didn't have. Temps here this AM is 6* but like you supposed to go to 40* by Tuesday and stay in the mid 30's all week after today .
Old 01-25-2016, 12:42 AM   #4374

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160123091400.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	190.2 KB
ID:	117337

Terry, I hope I did this right, but here is a pic of us picking up the new SUV at the Ford dealer here in Lampang, Thailand!

The Tot'er is looking very good by the way! I do not know how you are getting anything done in that cold weather!
And I am wondering about Bobby too!! Think his snow blower was up to the task??
Rail!
Old 01-25-2016, 07:34 AM   #4375

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Rail, Nice ride there, That key is kinda hard to put in your pocket . We kinda balance inside work with what's gotta be done outside, today it might get to 30* then we'll work outside, right now working on the fuel tank that's going for the genny and the fueling station, the tag on it says it'll draw 50 gals, need to get it cleaned up ready for paint before I install, rebuilt the straps yesterday, guy I got it from cut the bolts off, so I had to weld new ones on.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:44 AM   #4376

Glad to hear you are getting the shop reorganized Terry, makes it so nice to be able to work inside in this weather. Rail, i'm fine, didn't get my machine running yet but my neighbor down the street got a new one for xmas. After he did around his house he let me use it and I cleaned everything up. My other neighbor across the street who I have been maintaining his machine for years walked over and saw I was having trouble with my machine, i'm done with him, he couldn't even be bothered cutting a path in front of my house for me and put his machine away!!!??? Tickled me when his son brought it back out and broke it, not that I like to see others suffer but this time he can put it in his Cadillac and take it to a shop to be fixed! Oh and tommorrow we go to a Town meeting about the school bus company that moved in around the block and all the drivers park in front of our houses in the spots we cleared for our cars! One jerk is like 3" from our curbcut this morning so it will be a pain to get out of the driveway with the mountains of snow! Oh well, just don't get why they can't pull out 15-20 busses and park in their own yard! Enough complaining for me, gotta go do what I have to do ! Bobby
Old 01-25-2016, 09:02 AM   #4377

Winnebago Owners Club
Nice SUV. Like the color and the brand. Not to say that other brands are not as good but this one is just better!!! LOL I have driven quite a few different brands and liked them all.

Hope the weather cooperates with you Terry. Bad weather is only slowing you down. I would be stopped when it is cold. I would rationalize that if I finish it when the weather is bad I will have nothing to do when the weather gets better.

Have a great day.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:06 AM   #4378

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Bobby, glad to see your getting at least some cleaned out, I just couldn't imagine that much snow with no place to put it, up here we get that much I have a whole yard to push it. Couple of pics of the fuel tank and straps I fixed yesterday. Gordon, weather is supposed to be better this week, maybe some rain tomorrow (rain? this is January!)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	0125160933.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	513.5 KB
ID:	117361   Click image for larger version

Name:	0125160934.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	446.4 KB
ID:	117362  

Old 01-25-2016, 09:36 AM   #4379

Winnebago Owners Club
Terry - are you going to make this a fuel station as well as fuel for the generator?

We have a fuel station on the 5er and have used it once for the bikes when traveling. While riding we always seem to go by a service station and are able to fuel. Mostly we used it to haul fuel home after a trip and fill the garden tractors. Changed to a diesel tractor so the need for gasoline has gone away.

To fill it we had to jockey around, first filling the truck with diesel and then maneuvering to a gas pump for the generator. For me the fuel station with the hose, etc was more of a hassle than it was worth.
Old 01-25-2016, 10:57 AM   #4380

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Gordon, Yes the plan is on making the fuel tank also a fueling station, I agree it may be a pain to fill, might be one of those "hey we can fill it easy here" type of things. How much I use it depends, but having the option just in case will be nice. All my home equipment is gas powered soooo, might come in handy for that. Other than that 50 gals will be nice for the genny if we need to run it to cool the coach area with AC.
Old 01-25-2016, 05:35 PM   #4381

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Evening, Well worked both in and out of the shop today. The fuel tank has had all the different openings opened up, all the fittings removed and ready to be washed out, there's a battery box that's getting cleaned up, the genny box that came out of the old truck has to be cut down 1 inch in height and width, (that's made out of 1/4 steel) but all that is now possible The pic is a side view of the genny box with the first inch cut out, (I love my plasma cutter). I welded the right side sheet metal, and laid out where the taillights and backup lights are going, along with the clearance lights. That's about all for today.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	0125161641.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	425.8 KB
ID:	117410  
Old 01-26-2016, 09:45 AM   #4382

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Well we washed out the fuel tank, now its sitting in front of the salamander heater cooking, once its dried out inside I can button it up and paint it. Cutting down the genny box now. 41* outside but its a little drizzly, so working inside for now hoping it clears up to go outside.