Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-13-2016, 08:29 AM   #4509

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi Again,

Gordon never mind on the Roxul. The first I looked up was stiff precut board type. Just looked at another video and saw it can come in bats and is flexible. Will use this since it is also Fire resistant. With all the wires I think it would be best and also the sound proofing. It should muffle a lot of noise up there.

They have some pretty amazing products now.

beamisl is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2016, 10:43 AM   #4510

Winnebago Owners Club
Hi Lynne;
The Roxul I used was in bat form but it did have some structure. Sort of feels like felt. If you were going to get it to bend and really conform you might have to split the bat into thinner sheets.

Old 02-13-2016, 11:46 AM   #4511

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Bobby, that White looks alot like the Ford cabover I had to completely rewire and plumb after a cab fire, one of the first jobs I had working in the diesel shop, (my first truck shop job). That long nose looked like a nice truck. I don't have many pics of my early days of truckin, boy I drove a bunch, when I wasn't driving my rig, there always someone who needed a driver, I was always up for something new. Lynne, Not sure how many of the rigs I drove I'd want now, I drove some ugly trucks , the last rig I went over the road with was an International cabover, ran real well it was setup for west coast running, biggest Cummins engine and big brakes, ran NY to state of Washington, never liked that run. As predicted the temps are dropping now 0* and very windy
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 07:20 PM   #4512

bap
By the sound of things , I'm not the only one to qualify as popsicle..

8pm and zero right now , last night was 5 here also,22 at 1pm and tonight is going to -10 , single digit high tomorrow and -10 again tomorrow night. +or - as usual .........

beamis
All the parks up here close on Columbus Day.
Mom's place is very small in town and section 8 so no living there allowed.
I'm out on the streets doing my best impression of stealth.
Like that works in an old class C.
It's not too bad , except when it snows there are parking bans and plows!

Rail
I looked at a couple online Thai-English sites Yikes! I'll be dead before I could learn THAT!

Spritz
Thanks for rubbing it in,,may you be stranded there through summer.
Kidding but if you did just gain a little altitude , might even be as nice as it is here in summer.
I kind of like listening to the coyotes , kind of like loons of the desert!

Steve
I think I can help you out with missing snow , no problem.
I'll have a 20 yard load delivered anywhere you are,,,,,COD !
Old 02-13-2016, 09:59 PM   #4513

Checking in , still alive....not a popsicle !
Now 10:45pm -8,,,winds 15+ mph , I don't want to look at what the windchill is! OK , it's -28,
It's looking like it might go below the -10 predicted..(11pm news they just changed it to -13)...they don't really forecast the weather any more , they just decide which computer program to go with.
The heater is on medium 9Kbtu and holding in the low 50s , probably click to 4Kbtu and go back up to 9K when it goes below 40. I'm standing 2' in front of it right now. I plan on tossing my down jacket over the foot of my doubled up sleeping bags before zipping myself in. Not sleeping with my guitar ,left it at mom's house even though I REALLY need to practice !!!

And now for something completely different !

I saw something on the news tonight that I think deserves an atta boy!

I forget his name but a CA millionaire was going to spend 1.2mil on a sailboat for his retirement and after listening to a sermon at church decided to go to a local school class with 26 low income kids and pay for their college ,,,class of 2032 (so I think it was 1st grade).

Well done sir , very well done.
I tip my can of spinach.....
Old 02-13-2016, 10:09 PM   #4514

Winnebago Owners Club
Take care of yourself Popsicle . . . . er. . . . Popeye.

Understand and applaud you for sticking close to your mom. Nowadays that is not a trend that is prevalent. You are to be commended.
Old 02-14-2016, 07:37 AM   #4515

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ggggood Moorrnning! -21 this morning wind chill around -40 something. Popeye, gotta hand it to you, I spent a few winters in logging camps so I know what your going thru, We used to wake up with snow on the blankets and broke ice in the milk cans where the water was to make coffee in the morning. I saw that news story on the millionaire, pretty cool. Stay safe. Gordon, I agree.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0214160730.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	169.3 KB
ID:	118988  
Old 02-14-2016, 09:53 AM   #4516

Winnebago Owners Club
Geez you guys in the cold. My teeth are chattering just thinking of what you are going through. Take care.
Old 02-14-2016, 02:46 PM   #4517

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hello All,

-5 this am and no idea what the wind chill was and don't want to know, just know the wind was howling. 19 right now and going below - again but I think I have difficulty complaining when Popsicle Popeye is going through what he is. I think I would go sit on my Mom's lap with what you are dealing with. I have a heating blanket if you want to give me Mom's address I will send to you. Would make the bed warmer at least.
Man, you are something!

Terry. Figure at this point the work has been put off for a while. I saw a TT done all in pink if you are looking for a different color scheme. Just kidding!

Gordon, don't feel too bad, it will warm up (EVENTUALLY) and we will be camping ASAP! I have one more winter after this and I will not be here again in the cold unless I want to. Cannot wait!

Well, you all stay warm as possible. Keep up a positive attitude, it will be over soon.
beamisl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 06:26 PM   #4518

Terry
That pic makes you the winner (loser?) for last night for sure.

It stayed at -8 here all night and with the heat on low all night it was 43 in the morning..(today's high actually broke 20 ),the wind was howling and the rig was rockin' but windchill only counts on exposed skin! tonight same as last with a little less wind. tomorrow 24, tuesday 48 and rain/snow mix.
Time will tell.but doubt it's over.

The blanket will be of no use , no power hookups just a mini honda.

Mom lost power early this morning but only for an hour.......

I will personally kick the landlord if her apt gets below 70!
Old 02-14-2016, 07:26 PM   #4519

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Well the temps are as I type.............-9*. but the wind let up today, I have my temp sensors in a Stevenson screen which is supposed to be the most accurate way to set up a temp station, we are kinda high up in elevation here so we generally are colder than the surrounding area, yup lucky me . Popeye I'm glad your makin do okay, after this maybe, (yeah right) we will be over the hump and we won't get so cold again. Here too it's supposed to moderate and be almost 50* by Tue. only a 70* difference , and I'm not even in the desert. Like you we are supposed to get some snow sleet and freezing rain then just rain over the next couple days..... great! Gordon, thanks we just haven't done a whole lot these past couple just "hunkered" down, maybe tomorrow its going to 27* ABOVE zero. Lynne, I'm with you it will warm up and this year really hasn't been that bad. Popeye, I would gladly not want to "win" this contest .
Old 02-14-2016, 07:42 PM   #4520

Yup Yup Terry
After many years of wintering in the south I already know I hate winter up here !
I sure don't need this stuff to reinforce that....
I'm with you bud, It can all go away now, no complaints !

Besides ya gotta get back to the build !!!!!!
Old 02-14-2016, 07:46 PM   #4521

31* here at the moment,,,, not going to win the contest, but that is cold for here!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 08:14 PM   #4522

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Popeye, X2 , Lloyd, I remember some of those Carolina cold temps when I was in the Corps, didn't like 'm any more then this up here .