Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-20-2016, 01:43 PM   #4551

Weather

Kind of rough here today.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	609.3 KB
ID:	119465  
Tim&Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2016, 01:52 PM   #4552

The bag needs to mostly fill the conduit so the air will push it and the string through .ffffffoooooooop!
Old 02-20-2016, 03:52 PM   #4553

Winnebago Owners Club
Going to have to find a piece of conduit and try it out. Wonder how a short piece would work shooting marshmallows? Anyone willing to be a target? LOL
Old 02-20-2016, 05:20 PM   #4554

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Rail, So glad you got the MH, I'm sure that takes a load off your mind, it really looks like a great find, plus a diesel genny . Tim (Spritz), The bag basically is a light weight plug that gets sucked or blown down a pipe. Tim, That's some great weather you got down there, that seemed liked a very nice area too, wouldn't have minded spending some time around there. Gordon, we used to shoot rotten apples with a makeshift cannon something like that.
Old 02-20-2016, 07:59 PM   #4555

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Rail,
I'm happy for you, and Guys, I had no qualms telling him to buy this one, it is nice.
Tim,
Terry said it correct, the bag just fills the conduit and the suction or air pressure just pulls or pushes the bag through. You use a light string then use the string to pull a rope through, then the rope pulls the cable.
Gordon,
it would work just fine, in fact if the marshmallows are fairly snug in the conduit, you wouldn't need the plastic bag.
Have a great evening all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 08:28 PM   #4556

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Terry, thanks! I am really excited and it has almost all of my requirements. It does have a rubber roof, and as long as it has been taken care of, and it looks like everything on this coach has been, I can deal with it! The no slideout thing is OK, it is a wide body, so that's OK too! One less place to leak, and less maintenance. I am not going to be living in it full time, just touring for a month at a time, so it is perfect for that! It has a lot of extra's that the owner put on, a 400 watt amp., Sony CD changer, surround sound, Three new flat screen Vizeo TV's, two 32", and on 20" in the bedroom! The one 32" is mounted on a slide in the basement, and it comes with a sound bar too! He also upgraded the back up camera to color, and added two side view cameras also! The two couches are new leather ones that he added, it had one cloth couch when he got it. He also has a new in the box Uline icemaker that he bought and never installed, because the old one still is working great! It also has new laminate flooring from the bath to the front door, and down the steps! I will be the 4th owner, and looking forward to touring in it! I also put three pic's on the "Goodmorning" thread!
Gordon, you can shoot the really big one's (marshmellos) you get in Algodones at me any time!! Hehehehe! They are the best, but you need a really big cup of hot cocoa for them to fit! They are really good for smores and roasting by the fire!
Remember the "Tater Guns"?????
Rail!
Old 02-20-2016, 08:43 PM   #4557

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Going to have to find a piece of conduit and try it out. Wonder how a short piece would work shooting marshmallows? Anyone willing to be a target? LOL
Google spud cannon and it'll give you some additional ideas Gordon.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 12:14 PM   #4558

One of the winters I spent in a park in Knoxville one of the guys made some pump guns for his grandkids form 1/2" pvc that shot mini marshmallows , we of course had to make sure they all worked properly..........................
I'm not sure if I have any pics,,,will look.
Old 02-21-2016, 06:24 PM   #4559

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Been a couple of crazy days, not really busy per say working on what I should be but just doing "stuff". Granddaughter was home for the week from school on vacation, will go back tomorrow so should go back to "normal", what ever that is. Weather here should be Okay for the next few. Rail, really sounds like you hit it good, MH looks like a keeper .
Old 02-22-2016, 09:25 AM   #4560

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTech39 View Post
Google spud cannon and it'll give you some additional ideas Gordon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
One of the winters I spent in a park in Knoxville one of the guys made some pump guns for his grandkids form 1/2" pvc that shot mini marshmallows , we of course had to make sure they all worked properly..........................
I'm not sure if I have any pics,,,will look.
The big issue is not the air pressure but the volume. Need a canister that will store sufficient volume and a valve that will release it quickly.

As Rail mentioned the Mexican marshmallows would be interesting. Talk about a caliber change from the standard. As well the Mexican mallows are quite a bit denser. Make great 'smores' because they toast well and retain enough heat to melt the chocolate and heat the graham crackers!

I will pick a bag of the Mexican marshmallows up to take to Jay's in July. Hopefully they will last that long. May have to buy a couple bags extra to make sure. Grand daughters really like them. We are doomed if they find out I have some.
Old 02-22-2016, 09:51 AM   #4561
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
The big issue is not the air pressure but the volume. Need a canister that will store sufficient volume and a valve that will release it quickly.
Is this the same concept behind the "Super Soaker" water gun? It has a large reservoir for water (and air?) that is pumped by the user creating pressure. This shot farther, and longer time, than the small, hand-held water pistols that were driven by only squeezing the trigger.

Sorry for being off topic, Terry.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 12:20 PM   #4562

Gordon
Sounds like you will just have to surrender the treasure, doomed you arrrrrrrrrrrggh !

Charles
Terry is used to us going off topic , he'll even follow off with us BUT , don't worry he'll commandeer the thread whenever he has new progress with his project(s) ! That's what got us all here in the first place
Old 02-22-2016, 01:35 PM   #4563

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Popeye, you said it best I like the conversation wherever it goes! Speaking of Projects............I've been busy on the outside rear of the Tot'r, finishing up the ladder box and the door, keep in mind that it all has to be sand blasted (to remove the mill scale) polished and finished. I'm also installing an eyebrow/step on the rear for the license plate, still need to make and install the bumper that goes below the license plate. On the step, the first step will be a step that goes into the hitch receiver, (still need to build it).
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	0222161444.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	673.4 KB
ID:	119612   Click image for larger version

Name:	0222161500.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	601.1 KB
ID:	119613  

Name:	0222161445a.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	616.6 KB
ID:	119614   Click image for larger version

Name:	0222161500a.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	708.5 KB
ID:	119615  

Old 02-22-2016, 01:40 PM   #4564

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Looks good Terry, that will save the license plate from getting all bent up when you step up to the deck, or get down from the deck.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote