Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-01-2016, 07:56 AM   #4607

Monaco Owners Club
Big project. Love to see more pictures of the progress. I'm sure I'd never try such a big endeavor. You're a better man than I.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2016, 03:19 PM   #4608

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Busy day today.......but not on the Tot'r . Just started work on it this afternoon. Ok, on the paint, the whole truck will be white, bumper, fuel tanks and all, with just some chrome high lights and Eleanor wants to do ghost flames over the front, I haven't done them on a project this big soooo, I told her if she tapes the flames I'll paint'em. Tony, I can't say I'm a better man......maybe crazier

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 03:50 PM   #4609

That big project is just a lot of little projects hooked together.
Old 03-01-2016, 03:51 PM   #4610

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Popeye,
Old 03-01-2016, 04:05 PM   #4611
cwk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
That big project is just a lot of little projects hooked together.
Popeye: You are absolutely correct! Emphasis on "a lot"!

Having the vision, knowing which little projects to do, and how they all fit together to make the overall project: PRICELESS.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 06:33 PM   #4612

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Thanks guys, I never considered myself any different than anyone else, when I was in school I was always in trouble for doodling and thinking of something other than school work, I've always been "visual" I can build stuff in my head many times, changing it until I get it the way I want. Actually everyone has this ability, you just need to exercise it.
Old 03-01-2016, 06:59 PM   #4613

Terry, what you are is gifted in spatial relationships, which is the ability to mentally visualize in 3D how objects spatially relate to and interact with one another. Normally, it’s an intelligence trait handed down on the male side of the family. According to aptitude tests (and my life experiences), I’m extremely gifted with spatial abilities, just like you I usually build in my head before I actually construct something. It’s helped me immeasurably in my career as a petroleum geologist. In our family it was passed down to me from my grandfather and father. However, my daughter is the one that I passed it on to. BTW, not everyone has that gift, you my friend are very fortunate!

Steve
Old 03-01-2016, 08:03 PM   #4614

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Thanks guys, I never considered myself any different than anyone else, when I was in school I was always in trouble for doodling and thinking of something other than school work, I've always been "visual" I can build stuff in my head many times, changing it until I get it the way I want. Actually everyone has this ability, you just need to exercise it.

As Geocritter says, no, everyone does not have this ability. I have great difficulty when visualizing my next project. I first need to see a picture or a plan, then I can "see it in my mind", like more normal people. I work in wood and for 40 years had the help of my friend John to do the original drawings of our ideas, then I could contribute and build. He was trained in mechanical drawing and was a Texas Aggie grad. With him gone it has been a real struggle to get projects going. I can still do it but it might take me a month of thinking about it before the "vision" arrives. It is what it is. You are truly gifted and we all benefit from that. Thanks for the inspiration.

ronspradley
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 05:45 AM   #4615

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Boy wild weather today! high winds last night and today, started as freezing rain and now just plain rain was 47* at 5:00 am now at 6:30 am its 33* and dropping fast I guess back to ice . Steve, I had never heard it of it explained like that I guess I would have to say it was my father that passed it down because he was always building things also, never said anything, (of course he was a man of very few words), Ron, Thanks!
Old 03-02-2016, 08:09 AM   #4616

Retired Fire Service RVer's
OK, I guess that I was outvoted on the black bumper and fuel tanks, but the ghost flames will be killer on the front of the Tot'r. Hope that the weaather straightens out for you Terry, that kind of ice has a tendency to take out a lot of trees and power lines.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 09:46 AM   #4617

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Frank, sorry on the out vote . I saw a rig on the internet that was painted all white, with chrome stacks and wheels, also some chrome here and there, well it was love at first sight . As far as the flames up over the hood goes I was thinking blue like the last Harley I built, and Eleanor likes the Ghost Flames..........soooo they will be very faint, I'll base coat the white then use a pearl with a little color, (very little) on the flames in clear, then clear the whole truck, ALOT of work but should come out looking nice, (and different) like it already won't . Here's pic of the Harley in case some haven't seen it. Rain and ice have stopped , now its supposed to be very cold for the next two or three days then the looong range forecast says 60's YAHOOO, I really hope so, because I have a bunch of work to do to the Tot'r so I can pick up the TH, really like to shoot for the middle of March. Well primer should be dry on the bumper more sanding, ( gotta make it smooooth)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0927141328.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	659.3 KB
ID:	120336  
Old 03-02-2016, 01:49 PM   #4618

Terry
Same crazy weather here. Yup roof still leaking and it seems to be coming under the AC gasket , tightened it 3 times so far !!......arrrrrrrrghhhh
Saving for a Fantastic to replace it with,,,,,the end ! (I hope)

Don't do fancy paint....never know when you might need a get-away vehicle OH yeah different kind of get-away these days , put the flames to 'er.
Old 03-02-2016, 02:17 PM   #4619
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Your planned paint scheme sounds very cool to me.
Wrangler Unlimited toad
JMonroe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 03:49 PM   #4620

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Popeye, I saw you was getting the same weather as we did, hopefully it improves soon. Must be the weight of the AC unit has bowed the supports so that the gasket can't seal the hole. JM, Thanks, I've done custom paint before but never on a truck could be interesting.

« Goooodmorning!!! | - »