Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-01-2016, 08:25 PM   #4831

Looks great Terry! I like it!

Frank, thanks I passed the word on to Debbie. She is home as of 2 pm this afternoon, and doing okay. PT folks will be here tomorrow. This will take awhile. When you and Rita head north, your site is open if you are headed near here.

L.

Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2016, 08:13 AM   #4832

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Lynne, Lloyd, Thanks! We have a nasty weekend coming, up to 6" of snow tomorrow hopefully it'll go the way all the storms this winter have gone, they say we are going to get it and it goes somewhere else . Really want to dive into the engine and find out where my power went but don't want to disable it in case it needs to be moved, oh for a big shop.

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 09:15 AM   #4833

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Lloyd,
Thanks for the offer. This spring we are heading to Branson, Mo, so in the opposite direction.maybe next year.
Terry,
I haven't heard any more from Jay, but I figure I will send him a PM in a couple weeks to make sure what is going on.
Ronspradley,
Glad that you will be at Jay's, I am not sure yet when we will be there, but it will be early, so like you if we can help out we will be available.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 07:50 PM   #4834

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi Terry,

If you got there what we got here in MI, I am so sorry man. Yuck, I am really getting tired of this crap. Plan on bringing the MH home Wednesday so the Mobile guy can come do some things on it and it looks like rain and or snow. Crappy white stuff.

This is why I want out of MI in the winters. Tired of this. Did I say I was tired of this?

Rig looks great by the way. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 06:43 AM   #4835

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Lynne, Well so far this morning we have maybe two inches of snow, but we are supposed to get very high winds later (50 to over 60 mph) and cold some more snow tomorrow too. Here's a pic. of what I woke to this AM.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0403160732.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	493.4 KB
ID:	123005  
Old 04-03-2016, 06:52 AM   #4836

One word for all that guys, YUK!!!!!!!
Frank
Old 04-03-2016, 12:42 PM   #4837

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Frank, I whole heartedly agree , and we are expecting up to 6" tomorrow . Installed a Boost gauge yesterday and found only 10lbs of boost out of the turbo, so now the hunt is on for why. Monday I will change the fuel filters and there is a small screen that might be plugged in the fuel system, be nice if its something simple, (it almost never is),but no fuel no boost!
Old 04-03-2016, 01:41 PM   #4838

I've often found when working on other people's stuff it's the least expensive part that needs replaced. If I'm working on my stuff it's almost always the most expensive part that needs replaced 😠
Old 04-03-2016, 02:28 PM   #4839

Terry
That looks all too familiar......
It's cold here too , 33* 50-60 mph gusts,,but NO SNOW . I don't think you and bemis said "NO SNOW" enough , or maybe not loud enough ???
OK , just maybe the ocean saved my butt again....
Anyway , 15* tonight and more snow+wind for all day tomorrow......... next warm up in a week ,,OR TWO !

NO SNOW , NO SNOW , NO SNOW , NO SNOW , NO SNOW , NO SNOW !!!!!
and don't forget to dance while you say it
Maybe we all should move down to Oklahoma with Jay and wait for tornadoes ! Look ! Up in the SKY! It's a bird , it's a plane , it's a Tractor and a cow ? !!!

Lloyd
Tell Debbie to keep with it , just days to count down .
Kind of like Rail !
Old 04-03-2016, 04:35 PM   #4840

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, iamblum, yup, you got it for sure, I'm already researching the possible "expensive" pieces. Popeye, Yup never got over 24* here and if you believe the weather guru's the next 10 days here will be cold. short spring/summer/fall back to winter.
Old 04-03-2016, 07:58 PM   #4841

Wow,,,, I am glad I am not there. By April the "Fun" in that cold and snow is about worn out.

Terry, I don't know much about this. I have a boast gauge on my 99 Super Duty with a 7.3,,,, and the most I have every seen is 19 PSI. Last weekend in our coach, I saw 52 PSI. Not sure if that was a correct reading? I had no idea it could get so high. The coach has a brand new variable turbo. What do you expect to see on yours?

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 08:33 PM   #4842

Lloyd,
Different engines and turbos have different maximums. My truck the maximum is 30 psi with very probable destruction at 32psi if it is held for more than a very short period of time. I have seen a maximum on the boost gauge of 28psi with the tuner set on 100 hp setting and at full throttle. On the 65hp setting pulling my trailer I can easily hit 27psi pulling a grade. I don't have enough fuel to get to 30psi, and I'm not going for bigger injectors. I think my 3406B cat engine was around 60psi if I remember correctly. Those are both fixed vanes though and the variable vanes can go higher.
Terry,
I hope that it is just a plugged screen and not something bigger. Makes sense though that with no boost, and little fuel that it wouldn't run very well with a load. Make sure the intake is clean with no restrictions also.
Frank
Old 04-04-2016, 12:31 AM   #4843

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Terry, Check the easy things first, does it have a ATA after cooler? And the air cleaner would be the first thing to check, make sure it is not clogged up with a nest or something? Then look at all the fittings and hoses, to make sure they are all in good shape and no holes rubbed in them!
Check the last thing first, then you will have it!! I think Popeye is rubbing off on me!!!
I lost the boost on my Freightliner once, it was a A/C hose that rubbed a hole in the ATA hose! It cut the power in half, and the fuel mileage was down too! I ran light all the time, so did not notice it till I got in the mountains, and I replace all of the ATA boots when I got out to Vegas!
Hope yours is something simple like that!
Man that weather sounds nasty, saw a video of the winds, I have forgot all about the winds that howl, as they hardly ever blow here! When they do, a storm is coming for sure! Rail!
Old 04-04-2016, 05:51 AM   #4844

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Lloyd, yup winter is here in spring......all the schools are closed today, going to be nasty all day. The boost is supposed to be 21lbs. to 27lbs. Frank, Rail, the first I checked was the air cleaner and then pulled the intake hose from the Turbo to make sure it turned freely, it does have some play in the bearings so that's not good, if it needs changing we will go with an upgrade (read bigger). When I hooked up to the TH it was really the first time with any kind of a load and if you could see where I live (big long hills) it really works a truck to get here. I'll pick up a fuel filter today, and replace tomorrow and check out the screen, (I don't know when it was changed). I have a Smoke machine that injects an inert smoke under pressure that I can check for leaks in the ATA hoses and intercooler. After all the simple checks it's up to a dealer , because you need a computer to hook to the truck computer to check other sensors there is one that controls turbo boost for instance. Rail, I certainly would not be in a hurry to come north any time soon, the way this is going............the next 10 days is below normal