Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-05-2016, 10:05 PM   #4859

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Terry, the pic's look cold for sure! It will be quite a few days before I get up that way, so hope you can hold on till I get there with all of that warm Florida weather!
Frank, I also drove a old Cabin-over for Jack B. Kelly hauling CO2 that had a V-6 Detroit! It did not set the world on fire, but it did do a good job, and never left me on the side of the road!
Gordon, glad your slide fix was not a costly one! Sometime when the repair shops pass on a job, it is for the best!
Well, Jira has the day off today, so we will go do some last min. shopping and running around!
Everyone stay warm, or cool, as needed! Rail!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2016, 05:30 AM   #4860

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Popeye, certainly has been cold here, 8* again overnight, might start getting a little warmer today. Frank, yup I wouldn't start north anytime soon . Going to get the fuel filter today, roads have cleared up so I can test after........we will see if it helps, I'm not sure that, that is all.

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 06:50 AM   #4861

Dang Terry! That's cold. Some of it has sunk down here. Got frost on my barn roof as I type this.

You guys have a great day,,,, hope the weather improves.

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 07:09 AM   #4862

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
I'm not going to say what the temperature is here this morning, but the north keeps sending these cold shots down here, which just cools things down to the 70's and then causes thunderstorms. Hope that it warms up soon up there.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 07:10 AM   #4863

I feel for yall. I HATE cold weather. I'll try to send some warm weather your way. In the Texas Hill Country this morning is a cool 58 with highs in the 80s.
Old 04-06-2016, 07:23 AM   #4864

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRVlivin View Post
I feel for yall. I HATE cold weather. I'll try to send some warm weather your way. In the Texas Hill Country this morning is a cool 58 with highs in the 80s.
I have weather envy...

-cheers
Old 04-06-2016, 09:04 AM   #4865

Winnebago Owners Club
Today is "clean out" day. All of the stuff we want in the house has to come out of the RV. Will be a number of trips. Janet is also "re-sizing" the stuff we have inside. Surprising how many duplicates we can accumulate in such a short time.

Weather is cool and very windy so the trips between will be very fast. Will wear running shoes!

Did not get all of the vehicle movements done yesterday and today will not be pleasant enough to work on it.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:37 AM   #4866

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Lloyd, thanks, I'm hoping it really warms up! Frank, Yup, I know whatever the temp you have it's better than mine . Texas, I'm with piker I have weather envy . Gordon, Back to reality I bet you have a lot of things to go back and forth, of course with duplicates you don't need to remove it from the MH right? Just got back from the Auto store picked up a fuel filter, I can't believe the size of it, its tiny compared to what I'm used to, and there is only one and it sets on top of a water separator.
Old 04-06-2016, 05:40 PM   #4867

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Lloyd, thanks, I'm hoping it really warms up! Frank, Yup, I know whatever the temp you have it's better than mine . Texas, I'm with piker I have weather envy . Gordon, Back to reality I bet you have a lot of things to go back and forth, of course with duplicates you don't need to remove it from the MH right? Just got back from the Auto store picked up a fuel filter, I can't believe the size of it, its tiny compared to what I'm used to, and there is only one and it sets on top of a water separator.
Hey Terry, if I was you i'd get rid of that tiny filter and go buy a real big rig Racor, preferably the heated one and plumb it in. I had them on all of my trucks and never had a fuel delivery problem, even when back in the day you could get away with home heating oil with the parrafin in it, oh I must be old, they have been dyeing fuel a long time! I have seen a lot of them in the commercial parts section on ebay for cheap! Just a thought, Bobby
Old 04-06-2016, 06:48 PM   #4868

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Bobby, that may be one of my upgrades, right now I'm not sure that I CAN replace it, darn thing is loaded with three sensors in it . Here's an update on my power progress.........I replaced the filter no different, so I thought crap I'm having a brain fart, this is an electronic vehicle, as a matter of fact it has three computers . it has a VPM, ECM, and an IDM all the sensors tell it what to do. SOOO the trany was bad right? I pulled the codes and there was a bunch of them, so I cleared the codes because the ECM was probley in Limp Mode, running on a set of parameters just so it would run and hopefully get home . I have a good size hill to get to my house, (nice to test on), as I said coming up the hill 12 maybe 14lbs of boost and 25mph over the top, cleared the codes and now I have 19lbs of boost and clear the top at 35mph, now we are advancing, get back in the driveway and pull the codes...........there is still one. It is that the VPM is not communicating with the ECM, the VPM is the Vehicle Personality Module, yup my truck has a personality!! and its not talking with anybody. What the VPM is the holder of what the truck is, how much HP, what trany, (auto or manual) all that it has in it, so if its not talking the truck can't run to its potential. SO I need to find out what to do about it. phew.
Old 04-06-2016, 07:32 PM   #4869

Interesting Terry, I wonder if your trucks personality is friendly? Hope so!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 07:37 PM   #4870

Just give it a labotomy.......lol

Then it will do what you tell it right now it sounds like Sybill ...

Mk
Old 04-06-2016, 07:55 PM   #4871

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Lloyd, right now it's personality stinks!! actually I think we are going in the right direction, Once I find out how to Diag this module I should be okay, once the Tot'r is doing all that it should be I can then figure out how and what I want to do to get more power. MK, that was one thought, buy all the parts to make it a mechanical, but probley more expensive then to just fix it, LOL. Sybil might be a good name
Old 04-06-2016, 07:59 PM   #4872

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Bobby, that may be one of my upgrades, right now I'm not sure that I CAN replace it, darn thing is loaded with three sensors in it . Here's an update on my power progress.........I replaced the filter no different, so I thought crap I'm having a brain fart, this is an electronic vehicle, as a matter of fact it has three computers . it has a VPM, ECM, and an IDM all the sensors tell it what to do. SOOO the trany was bad right? I pulled the codes and there was a bunch of them, so I cleared the codes because the ECM was probley in Limp Mode, running on a set of parameters just so it would run and hopefully get home . I have a good size hill to get to my house, (nice to test on), as I said coming up the hill 12 maybe 14lbs of boost and 25mph over the top, cleared the codes and now I have 19lbs of boost and clear the top at 35mph, now we are advancing, get back in the driveway and pull the codes...........there is still one. It is that the VPM is not communicating with the ECM, the VPM is the Vehicle Personality Module, yup my truck has a personality!! and its not talking with anybody. What the VPM is the holder of what the truck is, how much HP, what trany, (auto or manual) all that it has in it, so if its not talking the truck can't run to its potential. SO I need to find out what to do about it. phew.
Sounds like it was a government truck at some time or other. Bad habits are hard to break. I agree with performing a lobotomy.