Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-10-2016, 01:16 PM   #4915

Winnebago Owners Club
Terry - hope the weather improves. We are cool here but warming up tomorrow. At least the wind has stopped.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2016, 01:51 PM   #4916

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Gordon, I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas, except I want warm weather, knowing it will come, but seemingly taking forever. they say it might start warming in the middle of the week. Keeping my fingers crossed. I'm upgrading the radio today in the TH, it's getting the one out of the latest donor

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 02:10 PM   #4917

Winnebago Owners Club
Terry - always satisfying work to do those types of upgrades. Generally fairly easy and quick to do and the results are right away.
Old 04-10-2016, 06:01 PM   #4918

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Gordon, yup, got'ter done, original radio didn't work, left in there just to fill the hole. This one is a little larger but fit after removing a panel quick and easy. Next one is a water heater upgrade, the original install is propane only and you have to light it from outside, the upgrade is elec./propane with remote propane start. should be a great upgrade. I think I will video this one so people can see what is involved. Of course its going to rain for the next couple of days so it'll be a little bit.
Old 04-10-2016, 06:25 PM   #4919

ya terry, this weather is a downer... it was 10 last night. Friday morning we had 3" of snow on the ground and no plows out when I went to work at 4am. I couldn't handle it so I just worked all weekend to make some extra jing for our motorhome project. I'm so ready for summer. I'm too chicken to ride a motorcycle, but taking the top off the jeep on a hot summer day is just shy of heaven for me. I can't imagine living somewhere that you could do that all year round.

anyways... looking forward to watching you finish your project. Good luck with the mechanical/electronic issues your delving into now. We had our TCM fixed recently, but we're still getting a power interruption code... and i can't figure it out... it gets frustrating. I think it's working correctly though, as far as how it shifts, so I'm not too worried...

-cheers
Old 04-10-2016, 06:25 PM   #4920

Winnebago Owners Club
Sounds like a plan. I have been known to lean a couple 2x4 against the side of the trailer and throw a tarp over to keep out of the moisture if it is warm enough to be rain. If there are flurries involved I will wait for another day.

Great upgrade on the water heater. The 5er has the elec/gas and it worked very well on electric. Better than on gas IMO. Does not work all that well when boon docking on electric but we did not do much boon docking. We can now with the aqua hot system.
Old 04-10-2016, 07:43 PM   #4921

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Piker, we always had Jeeps here too, raced them for awhile. I keep saying we had better weather a month ago, almost every morning we have been waking up to a dusting of snow, frustrating because most everything now needs warmer temps to complete. The mechanicals will work out, we've had tougher challenges. At least I don't have to thrash all nite to fix a wrecked car to get it back on the track the next day, ohhh I don't miss those days . Gordon, remember the huge blue tarp that was over the TH when I was building it? its still here . Have a good nite all.
Old 04-10-2016, 10:32 PM   #4922

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
Sorry about the weather, I keep trying to send some off the nice weather up there, but all that seems to happen is we get the remnants of the cold fronts coming from the north.
You will love the dual fuel water heater with the DSI ignition, or even the piso starter for the pilot light. It is a lot easier to flip a switch rather than have to go out and light it .
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 02:54 AM   #4923

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Terry, that crappy weather is all over the north! It better lineout fairly quickly, as I will be vortexing all that hot weather up north, and it might make a tornado! All kidding aside, it is coming! Spring
You will like that newer water heater, way easy, to just flip a switch! Plus, why use propane when you are plugged in and paying for it anyway! And you can run them both for quicker recovery time! Can you stick the nose of the Tot'r in the shop, to get to the electronic's in the warm? Well, have a good day! Rail!
Old 04-11-2016, 09:23 AM   #4924

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Need to go get another check up, this getting old stuff is tough! oh well gotta keep the Docs in car payment money. Raining today and tomorrow so I guess its a good day for it. Thursday I need to go for my DOT physical, yup I keep it up, its getting harder, (and more expensive) but every so often someone needs a driver for a day or so, so I keep it, worked hard for it so its going to be hard to give it up. Frank, appreciate the effort on the warm weather . Rail, you better bring the long undies you never know what the great northeast will throw at you . They claim by this coming Sunday that its going to be 70* I sure hope so. When I stick the nose of the Tot'r in I can barely open the door and I need the door open to be able to pull the dash apart to get to the ECM and the VPM, they are inside the dash, the other end of the wiring of course is on the other side of the firewall.
Old 04-11-2016, 01:00 PM   #4925

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Good Morning, Need to go get another check up, this getting old stuff is tough! oh well gotta keep the Docs in car payment money. Raining today and tomorrow so I guess its a good day for it. Thursday I need to go for my DOT physical, yup I keep it up, its getting harder, (and more expensive) but every so often someone needs a driver for a day or so, so I keep it, worked hard for it so its going to be hard to give it up. Frank, appreciate the effort on the warm weather . Rail, you better bring the long undies you never know what the great northeast will throw at you . They claim by this coming Sunday that its going to be 70* I sure hope so. When I stick the nose of the Tot'r in I can barely open the door and I need the door open to be able to pull the dash apart to get to the ECM and the VPM, they are inside the dash, the other end of the wiring of course is on the other side of the firewall.
Ahh - Wednesday is my annual bend over and relax inspection. I checked a number of Dr's. Checked the size of their fingers until I found a young lady with very small hands. Unfortunately she is a teaching Dr and has students in the office. Last time was a young man with what seemed to be very large hands. Note to self: No more agreeing to be seen by the student Drs.

All joking aside I am very pleased with our family Dr. She and her staff take very good care of us.

Bit warmer today but still cool.

Had a crack repaired in the MH windshield. Notice today the crack is continuing along. Something more to organize today.

Good luck at the Dr.
Old 04-11-2016, 01:04 PM   #4926

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Gordon, made it thru the test, will see the actual Dr. next week. Still rainy here.
Old 04-11-2016, 01:36 PM   #4927

Winnebago Owners Club
Good for you Terry. Hopefully the test will have great results. We are getting older but not old.
Old 04-11-2016, 02:13 PM   #4928

Dang Gordon, I wouldn't have put that on here,,,, now you will be the butt of every ones jokes!

We are nearly 100% green here now, warm today, cooler tomorrow with a all day rain in the forecast.

Terry, I also raced Jeeps, in the late 70's early 80's. Used to rune near you in a town called Corinth,,,, and in Springfield Mass, and for 3-4 yars in Pennsylvania. Can't recall the name of the town, but the group was POST. Pennsylvania Offroad Short Track.

L.

Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote

« Life with Jane | - »