Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-11-2016, 03:10 PM   #4929

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Lloyd, we also raced at Sam's in Corinth maybe we raced against ya . Used to do the hill climbs in Mass. too! Ran the mud bogs in Penn. I used to run a body shop called MudSlinger 4X4, specialized in rebuilding 4wheel drives, all my jeeps were corvette orange, even had a jeep funny car, w/a flip up body.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1023140941.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	383.9 KB
ID:	123812  

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2016, 06:47 PM   #4930

Terry
Jeeze at first look I thought those were intake pipes , then I realized they were trophies !
I actually prefer the old pilot type water heaters , I just leave it on pilot and it still heats the water enough for a daily shower but saves a huge amount of propane.....plus no jet engine sound disturbing the neighbors all night .

Gordon
My last exam . I had a cute young nurse practitioner do the honors....for some reason , it wasn't as unpleasant as the last time with my regular doctor .

Rail
You do realize that up here in the NE corner , we consider that summer is July 4th to Labor Day ! Sad but true !

Old 04-11-2016, 07:34 PM   #4931

Smalls world Terry! I don't have any of those old pics scanned, but your jeep looks familiar. They were good times.

Got the bumper done on our new jeep this weekend, it was a bigger project than I thought. But done now. Removed the old bumper, installed the new bumper and winch mount (separate), re wired the driving lights (new bumper has them further apart as the wires didn't reach.

Then installed the winch, and wired it. Lastly fabricated a mount for the lighting plug. Used a kit from Blue Ox that wired into the Jeeps lights, came with diodes that prevent backfeed into the Jeep system when towing.

L.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160410_135249_resized_1.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	224.1 KB
ID:	123833   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160410_135259_resized_1 (2).jpg
Views:	21
Size:	213.0 KB
ID:	123834  

Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 08:50 PM   #4932

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Nice job Lloyd, bumper and winch looks great.
Terry,
Good looking jeep, we just did the circle tracks, didn't get in too deep, just had a good time. I have to renew my DOT physical this year also, like you I keep it up just in case.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 01:04 AM   #4933

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good looking Jeep, Terry!
Wow, the ECM and VPM all under the dash? Would have thought it would all be under the hood?
Gordon, when I was first having prostate trouble, slight bleeding in urine and semen, I went to the Dr. here in Lampang, and first thing I did was check out his hands! And he was a very small Asian man with small hands!
Lloyd, the bumper turned out very good!
Frank, getting really close now!
This is Jira's last day of work, and she will be retired! Wow, she is only 51, and to be retired that young! Proud of her!! Rail!
Old 04-12-2016, 05:41 AM   #4934

Thanks guys!

Congrats to Jira!! Awesome stuff. 51 is very young!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 06:32 AM   #4935

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Smalls world Terry! I don't have any of those old pics scanned, but your jeep looks familiar. They were good times.

Got the bumper done on our new jeep this weekend, it was a bigger project than I thought. But done now. Removed the old bumper, installed the new bumper and winch mount (separate), re wired the driving lights (new bumper has them further apart as the wires didn't reach.

Then installed the winch, and wired it. Lastly fabricated a mount for the lighting plug. Used a kit from Blue Ox that wired into the Jeeps lights, came with diodes that prevent backfeed into the Jeep system when towing.

L.
Oh great... now I have jeep bumper envy on top of toter envy and weather envy.

Good color of jeep though! Ours is red as well. It's an '05 and is starting to need a little work... windshield is cracked, but can't just replace it cause the frame is rotted all to heck. Have to replace the entire frame. Front fenders are starting to show rust too. The underside of the jeep, surprisingly, is in good shape. My dream would be to keep this thing in good enough condition that someday I can refurbish it and do a 4bt conversion to it. (drop in a 4 cylinder cummins turbo diesel). I also dream of getting it set up to tow behind the rv. Probably won't actually pursue any of that though... but it's fun to dream.

-cheers
Old 04-12-2016, 06:35 AM   #4936

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Popeye, X2 on the 4th of July for the start of summer Lloyd, Yup Sam was something, Glad Rags Drags, he built the bar so he'd have a place to drink and hand out trophy's, (plus make money), His old dragster would set out at the track and someone would say something and he would run it, dang thing ran pretty good, he ran alcohol in it and he didn't drain the carbs so you know what that does, I had to clean one day so he could run it. Sam was one of a kind, old trucker. Nice install on the bumper . Frank, my son did the dirt circle tracks, we built dirt frames here in the shop. Rail, I'll try and get pics of where they are, tucked up inside above the fuse box. Congratulations on Jira's retirement . Raining again this Am but the weather guru's say it'll clear by noon then get clear and no rain until next week and the temps increasing to 70* by the weekend I hope they aren't lying to us. Piker, we restored a bunch of jeeps, of course they where flatfenders, CJ5's and 7 back then, simple to work on and could swap anything in them, I had a CJ5 with a buick v6 and a turbo 400 trany nasty little thing then at the same time had a CJ5 with a built chevy 350 that had a 4spd. Too bad they had to mess it up with the computer stuff.
Old 04-12-2016, 07:23 AM   #4937

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Rail,
Congrats to Jira on her retirement, is she coming with you to meet Mona? When you come to check in, tell them at the office that you are friends with us, and have them put you across from us, it is a nice pull through site. You won't need to make reservations.
Terry,
I hope that you get the warmer weather so you can continue on with your troubleshooting and build.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 07:50 AM   #4938

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Frank, will do, and yes, Jira is coming with me. She is excited too and ready to see Mona! Rail!
Old 04-12-2016, 10:02 AM   #4939

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;

Jira - congratulations on your retirement. Looking forward to seeing photos of you and Rail with your new motorhome.

Terry - hope the weather is as promised. I had the tractor out with the mower and bagger yesterday. One more day and I will have all of the debris from winter picked up.
Old 04-12-2016, 10:20 AM   #4940
cwk

Jira, CONGRATULATIONS on your retirement.

Hope you and Rail get to enjoy Mona real soon. Only a few days left.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 03:22 PM   #4941

Rail
Big welcome to the retirement club for Jira and hope the first retirement trip is awesome . We'll leave the lights on for ya ............

Terry
They're predicting nice for the next week here too .
I hate under dash wire work. On my last rig the top of the dash came right off , just had to unscrew a couple of turnbuckles ! It made doing that stuff sooooo much easier !

Lloyd
She's lookin' mighty spiffy there Bud ! Now get out there and cover it all in MUD !
Old 04-12-2016, 04:35 PM   #4942

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Well I put the batteries in the motorcycles today and fired them up! YAHOOOO . Shure sign of spring, love the smell of High Octane gas in the morning, (well.... in the afternoon too!) Popeye, I never used to mind under dash work but its getting harder, (and more painful) to get under them. The very first job working on Semi trucks was rewiring a Ford cabover that had a "minor" fire now that's ALOT of wire and air hoses. it was a job that I did off and on all winter. Temps were 40's today with high winds so it was still cold but its going to get better.