Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-04-2016, 05:37 AM   #5125

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sorry thats twice posted in wrong fourm Sorry Harley1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Morning,
currently 49, BoooHooo
coffee is tasting mighty fine this morning.
octanefam,
If you are referring to me, We had a blast I even had the toad with and no problems with the MH she ran flawlessly. But we had a problem with the KarKaddySS. The MH used 1/2 quart of oil there and 1/2 quart back pretty good I think.
I agree a nice DP would be nice but if it doesn't happen I am happy too try it again. We got a lot of compliments on the old gal. One thing I was really happy with was with the new tires I had put on before we left. I found she likes 65 pretty well but really sucked the gas, best mileage was driving around 58-60.
I had one of my shocks pop off when we went to get propane the other day. I never heard anything or felt anything we were putting the tire covers on yesterday when we found it just hanging there. I went to the hardware store and bought a new bolt ,nut and lock washer. We re-torqued it and checked the other 3 and they were tight. I'm hoping it fell off (bolt) in the parking lot and not out on the Hwy.

Franka548,
Too late I already used it and it stopped the Squealing. The neighbor gave me a rebuild kit for it if needed. I'll know next time we take her out.

I have a Cardinal that comes to the tree next to the MH every morning and He starts calling out. Almost the same time every morning. We had a nesting pair last year in the pear tree. I wonder if its the same pair.
Rail, glad your enjoying Mona and enjoying her.
That's about it from here,
Those on the road be safe,
Tim
sorry wrong forum,

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2016, 05:39 AM   #5126

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Ken, Thanks for the info, even if it didn't fix Rails MH we can file the info away for possible future problems. Lloyd, be great if your plan comes together , planning is half the fun. Gordon, I'm liking the sounds of being in the area out there, sounds like a lot of great riding. Octane, Hijacking is okay here, its all part of the fun. Tim, that's good oil consumption for a big block they always used a little anyway. Well more rain, 44* might let up by Saturday and be better by next week. Gordon, hope the fire up in Alberta is not close to you.

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 08:41 AM   #5127

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Terry;
The fire is a couple hundred miles from us. Devastating event. It is the second large town/city to burn in Alberta the last few years. Slave Lake lost a lot of homes about 5 years ago. This will probably be worse as far as number of homes and businesses burned. Thank goodness there have been no injuries or deaths so far. Pray the winds stay calm and there are no injuries. Unfortunately no rain in the forecast. Not good news.

In 2011 there were 374 homes burned in Slave Lake. According to the news this morning they estimate 573 homes were burned in just one subdivision. They were doing estimates on other subdivisions in town.

Tim - it sounds like the bolt just came out of the shock. Hope you are able to find a new motorhome. HOWEVER you have a great motorhome and it is well cared for. Looking forward to seeing it back at Rivers Edge. Unless you get a DP.

Perhaps it would be prudent to set some dates for the get together. That would let everyone start planning if they are able to attend. I think if we stayed a 4 or 5 days (+/-) in Lebanon and then possibly traveled to Cody or Spearfish. Not everyone rides although there are lots of things to do if you are traveling by toad and they can drive the same roads.

Got to get busy. Although I am unsupervised there are still things that need to be done.

Have a great day.
Old 05-04-2016, 09:58 AM   #5128

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Gordon, Glad the fire is away from you but sorry for all who is affected, seen that on the news this AM. Yup I agree on setting some dates and seeing how it will come together, I would think later in the summer? get the spring/early summer storms out of the way hopefully? just throwing it out there, thoughts anyone?
Old 05-04-2016, 10:43 AM   #5129

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
I think you are right, maybe sometime between the 4th of July and labor day, although that will be prime time for the middle of the country. I would think that during the week and not on the weekend would be good.
Gordon,
We have been thinking of Alaska for next summer if our friends from Ontario haven't changed their minds, we will have four or five rigs going, will know more this winter.
You will be more than welcome to join us on our journey up or back, if you want. We are planning to cut across the Canadian Provinces going up from Ontario, and coming back down to Montana/Idaho and take the US route back.
Guys(and Gals),
This sounds like fun, the planning is exciting, and looking forward to meeting everyone is even more exciting. Although, we may miss it if our Alaska plans work out.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 01:34 PM   #5130

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hello All,

Raining here. Boy, wish we could send this down to those in need of it, It is really green here and the trees are really blooming. Asparagus is tasty and plentiful. Rhubarb will be in pie by the weekend I think or just a bit longer.

I think a "meet up" would be a blast! I hope I am retired by then and if not it is close enough we can get there anyway. I may have to take more than a week if necessary cause I would really like to be there.

If I retire when I would like to I have 428 days left. Days sound so much less than months. If I have to work a bit longer, then it could be over 700.

Sounds like some of you are having a good time camping and or working on your rigs. Anxious to get ours back so we can install the radio and make the TV conversion.

Terry, the little stool that Grandpa built is a great thing to have. I have things from my Grandparents and parents that are very special to me. When you take your GD out camping with you and Eleanor and she uses that with you two she will cherish it too.

Well, hope you all have a safe week and keep safe whatever you do. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 03:13 PM   #5131

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Frank, Yup during the week and not near a holiday, so as to not deal with holiday traffic and the crowds. When would you be traveling thru from Alaska? Lynne, My Dad was a career logger, third generation, when he retired he started building things from wood, we have several things that will be passed down. Hopefully you can make the meet up, we all need to put a date out so we can start setting a time.
Old 05-04-2016, 03:28 PM   #5132

Hi All!

Gordon, in our seminar the speaker stated many of the old tales about rough roads, busted windshields etc are all a thing of the past. The traffic has increased, and roads are better,,,,, and if you use common sense and slow down in the construction zones no problems will be had. I think he said he made 7 trips, in the same coach, not a ding, windshield chip, or any damage at all different than anywhere else he traveled. Others in the audience confirmed that.

Can't think of the gentlemen's name, but he has a book published. He was also a editor for one of the major RV mags for many years. Lots of experience.

If your interested I can find the book?

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 04:18 PM   #5133

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hello All,

Are we talking this year or 2017 for the "Vintage Meet Up"? I say anytime in August of 2017 or August 15th to 20th or so of 2016. I already have that time off. If it is 2017 then I will probably just quit if they don't give me the time off. It will be so close then for me that I will be biting at the bit anyway.

Let's get a list of who is coming to the "Vintage Meet Up" and possible dates and then figure out where. I like your idea though Terry, sounds like a nice area.

Post some info, I will make a list and post it for us. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 04:53 PM   #5134

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Lynne, I like your idea of August, Eleanor has come up with two separate times to pick from. Now these are long times not that everyone would need or want to stay all these days, just putting them out there. August 7th thru 18th or August 14th thru 25th, 2017 For the Good Morning meet up, the rigs don't need to be "Vintage" to come.
Old 05-04-2016, 05:08 PM   #5135

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Hi All!

Gordon, in our seminar the speaker stated many of the old tales about rough roads, busted windshields etc are all a thing of the past. The traffic has increased, and roads are better,,,,, and if you use common sense and slow down in the construction zones no problems will be had. I think he said he made 7 trips, in the same coach, not a ding, windshield chip, or any damage at all different than anywhere else he traveled. Others in the audience confirmed that.

Can't think of the gentlemen's name, but he has a book published. He was also a editor for one of the major RV mags for many years. Lots of experience.

If your interested I can find the book?

L.
Thanks Lloyd;
Was mainly going on my experience from a few years ago. All of the road in northern BC and the little bit we traveled in the Yukon was cold mix or double seal coat. Pavement does not last long because of the frost heaves and action so they redo the roadtop every few years.

Janet said it was hard to tell where I started and bike ended because both of us were the same color.

Would have been good if it had not rained. And snowed for a short time crossing the divide.
Old 05-04-2016, 05:36 PM   #5136

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Gordon, there's a couple on You Tube that lives full time in their MH, they went to Alaska last year and Vloged it, did a nice job, I seem to recall that they had to replace a windshield because a log truck threw a stone............ the channel is "Gone with the Wynns"
Old 05-04-2016, 06:33 PM   #5137

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
I am not sure when or if we are going next summer, depends on what happens with our friends. Either of the dates for us will be good, if we are coming back from Alaska, the later date would be better, but go with the dates that are good for the majority.
Lynne,
That's a great way to think, if they don't give you the time that you want.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 07:13 PM   #5138

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Frank, I was leaning toward later also because that's the dates we normally always take anyway.