Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-05-2016, 06:32 PM   #5321

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Popeye, , LOL, my name might get passed around a campfire but it sure won't be as an inspiration .

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2016, 08:10 PM   #5322

Nope ! Wrong campfire !
That would be the one that has the guy that sold you the old 5er and laughed as you hauled it away .................

Old 06-05-2016, 08:16 PM   #5323

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
Terry
Nope , not a sport ,,,,get back to work !!!!!

I'm sure nobody here will be mad if when you finish this rig you just drive (and camp) and never go back to building again !

And they'll just look , then give it a thumbs up , and then get down on the ground and bow !!

And your name will be whispered around campfires as an inspiration to all ,,,,,,,,( as it should be ) pass around a photo of your rig and say " He started with a pile of junk and it ended up like this!!", then they will pass the popcorn !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
Nope ! Wrong campfire !
That would be the one that has the guy that sold you the old 5er and laughed as you hauled it away .................
LOL As usual Popeye has put into words the 42 question in the hitch hikers guide to camping. The size of campfire required for venerating such accomplishments we will need a bigger axe or maybe a chainsaw, definitely a burning permit.

I will suffer withdrawal for a period of time. I recall talk about the addition of a slide or two so that may be a short distraction.

This is something for serious discussion at "meet and greet" 2017.
Old 06-05-2016, 09:17 PM   #5324

Hi!

Hmm, so many details to this tot'er design. Definitely co-locating the plumbing will make it easier. All kinds of stuff in the way under there I imagine.

Stairs are fixed, they sure do not make them like they used to. Really shoddy cheap work on them. Lasted till the warrantee expired.

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:50 PM   #5325

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Popeye,
That amount of rain isn't a big problem unless it comes in a short period of time. Remember that the ground has a lot of sand, so the water drains really fast. No if the rain is heavy in a short period of tome, then all bets are off.
Lloyd,
Glad that you got the stairs fixed, and that you had good party.
Terry,
Hope that you are feeling better soon. I'm sure that you have an idea in your head about the layout.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 07:17 PM   #5326

Terry
We seem to be a day or so apart with the weather.
3+1/2" of rain last night, sunny and 80 today and tomorrow back to ..rain and 60 the rest of the week!
Guess what ??????? ! No LEAKS........

Gordon , you jogged a memory out of the document overload of my mind.
I've been lucky to count maint mgr. as one of my workamping jobs.... , I remember driving my JD Wheeler around at night with the dump bed full of firewood bundles.. sometimes , when I would see an "outdoor challenged" camper trying to light a lone piece of green firewood or even a more experienced camper with a small fire ...I'd stop and walk up to the fire ring and exclaim "this fire needs some help" walk back to the JD and pick up a bundle of wood and walk back and drop the whole thing , still tied up on the flames , hit it with a squirt of charcoal fluid and then say "now , THAT'S a proper fire " ..........I sold a LOT of bundles doing that !
On the other hand ,,,some mornings I would find a site without a picnic table and clean out the fire pit to find the table hardware in it !

At yet another place where I was on security patrol .....I'd have to go around and tell them their fire was too big if the flames were more than a foot high !! Guess which place I liked better !

Well , I won't do security anymore ,,,just not part of my personality.
Or maintenance , too many sore sleepless nights these days.
(I will play electrician on occasion though.)

Or Reservations , complaints overflowing upon me all day.

Now , I prefer camp store (helping the kiddies spend all the $$$ grandpa gave them), snack bar (free food !) and activities (More goofing with the little campers) or the one I had last summer sitting in an ancient log cabin on the lake renting out watercraft with a cool breeze and the call of loons coming in off the lake !
Old 06-06-2016, 07:40 PM   #5327

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Evening, Popeye, Ohh the campfire tales!! Gordon, No worries I'll always be building something, (ay least as long as the medical world keeps coming up with "stuff" to keep me moving). Lloyd, yup biggest thing in the way is the frame . glad to see the steps weren't a challenge. Frank, I have an idea about the layout but it's always subject to change . Popeye, the weather seems to be following a path from Lynne's to me then up the coast, this summer has been a little strange for sure. Really glad to hear no leaks, that is just a problem no one wants to deal with. Had a running around day today, dislike those. going to be "unsettled" for the next couple of days, so I'll regroup and make a plan for the next attack.
Old 06-07-2016, 07:18 AM   #5328

Popeye,
That is too funny as usual. I think that I will stick with the maintenance.
Terry,
I figured that you had a plan, and I agree that it is always subject to revision, lol.
Frank
Old 06-07-2016, 02:15 PM   #5329

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Well in between the rain drops I've started to build the trim for around the 5th wheel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0607161438.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	563.6 KB
ID:	129499  
Old 06-07-2016, 02:30 PM   #5330

NICE!
Frank
Old 06-07-2016, 05:20 PM   #5331

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Thanks Frank!
Old 06-07-2016, 06:17 PM   #5332

Sticking with the diamond plate trim theme will tie it all together like it came from the same shop ....and it did !
Old 06-08-2016, 06:20 AM   #5333

Nice Job on the 5th wheel trim Terry looks great! Would love to get back to our pickup, but have other pressing things to do! Catch you later , Bobby
Old 06-08-2016, 07:23 AM   #5334

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Terry, the trim looks great, and will all tie together when you do the side's! Rail!