Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-08-2016, 08:55 AM   #5335

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Thanks guys! Gotta try and finish it up today, been rainy all day and cold 50* as I type this, backed the Tot'r under the temp paint booth (relocated) so should be okay, also got the parts to install an air compressor system so I can install that also.

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2016, 05:23 PM   #5336

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Deal Terry.
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 07:50 PM   #5337

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Thanks guys! Gotta try and finish it up today, been rainy all day and cold 50* as I type this, backed the Tot'r under the temp paint booth (relocated) so should be okay, also got the parts to install an air compressor system so I can install that also.
I am trying as hard as I can to entice the rain from your house to ours. Even waxing the coach does not seem to work. Perhaps I will move it outside and leave the windows open while waxing. Oh and the roof vent open as well!!!
LOL

Hope your day went well.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:05 PM   #5338

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Evening, Well today was pretty much a bust working on the Tot'r, didn't get above 52* and had wind gust of 40 something MPH, yuk, oh and rain too . Temps are 47* now and will go lower. Gordon, I would love to send the rain your way. Gordon, I have a question, I heard that some places in Canada was going thru a gas shortage? Just curious. Tomorrow promises to be better so we'll see.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:24 PM   #5339

Sheesh Terry, it is June. Got to 89* here today, a bit warm, but nice breeze and sunny. Really cold up there. Sorry you are unable to get more done.

This weather is just weird. Usually by now the spring changes have balanced out and the weather gets a little more stable.

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 10:09 PM   #5340

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Good Evening, Well today was pretty much a bust working on the Tot'r, didn't get above 52* and had wind gust of 40 something MPH, yuk, oh and rain too . Temps are 47* now and will go lower. Gordon, I would love to send the rain your way. Gordon, I have a question, I heard that some places in Canada was going thru a gas shortage? Just curious. Tomorrow promises to be better so we'll see.
Yup - one of our gas companies (Petro Canada) has experienced shortages and some stations have ran out of all grades of fuel.

Couple reasons.

The parent company that owns them is Suncor. They have a huge operation in Ft McMurray. The oil sands were shut down because of the fire so raw bitumen is not available.

The local refinery owned by Petro Canada had an unexpected shutdown.

There was still lots of fuel to be had, just not from the Petro Can stations. Unfortunately the rest of the gas companies immediately raised prices at the pump because of the "fuel shortage". Makes you wonder if they are planned outages to raise prices?

Startup has commenced in Ft McMurray and they promise the refinery will be repaired by next week.

Interesting note in Ft McMurray. Another small forest fire has started and is near one of the plants. They have shut it down for personnel safety until it is no longer threatening that location. Meanwhile the rest of the production continues to go on line.

Residents of Ft McMurray have been returning home since the 4. Today the folks from the worst hit areas are scheduled to begin returning to see if they can salvage anything. From the video shown on tv it appears most of them lost everything except what they took with them.

Happily no one was killed by the fire.
Old 06-09-2016, 05:17 AM   #5341

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Lloyd, 44* this morning, supposed to be better, (no rain) today but the wind is crazy. Gordon, that's what I had heard, so glad no one was killed in the fires up in Ft McMurry. We'll see what develops today.
Old 06-09-2016, 06:33 AM   #5342

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
It rained here yesterday also, and the windows are wet this morning, so it might have rained a little last night. Supposed to have spotty showers today also, but it is warm, lows in the mid to upper 70's, highs in the low to mid 90's and 70%+ humidity.
Hope that it straightens out for you and that you can get some things done.
Gordon,
I hope that you get some rain up that way(not too much, just enough). Good Luck on the waxing of the Coach.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 07:02 AM   #5343

Gosh, 44* in June! Yuck!

Hope it gets better soon Terry, guess it really can't help to!

Frank, they are calling for 100* here Sunday, I expect you will be there as well. Next 2 months or so is the worst of living here. We get some very hot days. I just get my out side in the sun stuff done in the early am..... or evening. I am seriously looking for a a/c unit for my shop. Got some motorcycle projects I want to work this summer and the heat makes me lazy.

May go with a large window unit, or a portable unit. The room is insulated very well, should be able to get the job done with 10 to 12,000 btu's.

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 08:10 AM   #5344

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
44 here in MI too this AM.

Supposed to get to 90 this weekend and I think we get it here and send it to Terry and Eleanor. Sorry about that, I don't want it and know you sure don't.

It is weird for June and I sure hope it is no hairbringer of winter.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 10:25 AM   #5345

50* when I woke up , all th' way uptah 60 now at 11:15 and thaht's not offn the ocean eithah chummy , thaht wood be 10* coolah aht least , nothah mighty blowy day too ,,,nobudy's out pullin' trahps for Lobbies , too choppy.

Akchuhlly , thaht's NOT unushual June weathah for uptah New England !
Terry's up in the NY hill cuntree so ..........coolah an moah wind

Up heah ,Summah is from July 4th to Labah Day , any extrah days are a bonus . Oh Ayuh !
Old 06-09-2016, 12:11 PM   #5346

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Frank, I'd take 70's . Lloyd, I had air in my bike shop it was nice for sure. Lynne, no biggie on getting your weather I just pass it along to Popeye . Popeye, 58* here now which I can live with if the darned wind wasn't blowing 40 to 60 mph.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:55 PM   #5347

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning/Afternoon all.

Made it to the campground. Just about made it all the way but hit a short section of about 5 miles where it rained. Back to square 1 for the washing. But the wax held up. A rewax may be in order. It will happen whether it needs it or not. Good restful job so I can putter at my leisure.

Unfortunately it is really windy here. Some trees block the wind a bit but it would be nicer if it did not blow quite so hard. Makes me remember why I moved north.

Well off to lean into the wind. Hope it does not stop suddenly as we will all fall over.
Old 06-09-2016, 07:26 PM   #5348

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Gordon, hopefully the wind dies down soon, camping and wind don't go together. Listened to the weather for here tonight.............wind for the next 5 days with Saturday expecting maybe severe thunderstorms, I guess I'll pull down my paint booth , it's been challenging to say the least trying to keep the tarps from taking flight . but there just isn't any good way to fasten it down.