Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2016, 09:28 AM   #5853

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Terry, the truck is looking great! Now, go relax a little bit! I had a buddy and his wife just there, WG, just a week or so ago! Enjoy the time off, and have some smores for me! Rail!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2016, 10:08 AM   #5854

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Thanks, Gordon, I will be thinking of what I have to do when I get back..........It's just the way I'm wired . Doesn't mean I won't enjoy it's just I'm always thinking of the next "step" . CW, The Sata, works very well, better than me , not that the PU is coming out bad it's good, I'm still experimenting with the base coat and mixtures. This paint has a tendency to orange peel like most enamels then since it flows for a long time it smooth's out. Rail, I have raced on the road course at Watkins Glen, many years ago, I campaigned a 1969 Boss 302 Mustang in the Trans Am series, had lots of fun and spent lots of money and have nothing to show for it .
Old 08-23-2016, 06:16 PM   #5855

Winnebago Owners Club
Terry - that's always the case. It seems like the more complex the problem the later at night the solution will make itself known. Many solutions appear while riding.
Old 08-23-2016, 06:24 PM   #5856

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Terry when you get back I'll be there waiting. That paint looks G r e a t yep Toni still says that. LOLOL I don't think I heard from you about Ghosting.
Got a little sanding done tonight and some more glassing this morning.
Currently Its raining, got the repair area covered with plastic for the night.
I'm doing the repairs in the driveway.
Have fun on the mini vacation,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 06:49 PM   #5857

Truck painting

Harley,Your truck looks brand new!! Today we got an estimate to have our wheel wells done and a "hit and Run dent on the drivers hind quarter. Our body shop guy will only make it cosmeticaly look good. Sure wish you could do ours. I would gladly pay you. Our estimate is $1500.00. The rocker panels have some rust and the screws won't hold the rubber trim. I'm sure our "Tank" isn't ready for the junk yard. It is in excellent mechanical shape. Enjoy your mini vacation. DH hope the DR. will okay him to drive at his next Eye recheck. We have two campouts in Sept. Got to go and pick up DD from the movies.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 04:13 AM   #5858

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Gordon, yup riding seems to solve a bunch of problems. Tim, Ghosting is when the paint your applying isn't what it appears, as you look at different angles you see something different, like seeing a ghost. Sam, thanks! good luck on getting your "tank" looking good again. Also good luck on the dr's appointment. Warmer today, some puttering on the PU and washing the 5th wheel to get ready to take off on Monday. Here's the latest installment on the PU
Old 08-24-2016, 06:12 AM   #5859

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Nice job Terry, I am still amazed at how good you do with basically nothing to work with. I realize that you were in the business, but still, what you do compared to what you see coming out of a lot of shops are miles apart.
Frank
Franka548 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 06:22 AM   #5860

Gulf Streamers Club
Another great video, Terry. I have painted a few vehicles in my day, all shade-tree type of jobs. You do great work. I still have never wet-sanded after paint and then put on clear. Hoping that process might be in a future video. Hint, hint.

ronspradley
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 06:25 AM   #5861

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Thanks Frank! That was frustrating when I was in business, dead lines, profit margins, and doing a good job with no come backs was always in your mind kinda took the fun out of it sometimes, most of the time is was a vehicle that someone needed to get back and forth to work ect. I used to like the bike shop those really are a luxury and while people want to ride them I would tell them I work at my pace and when you get it back it'll be right. Alot where customs and there was no time limits on them. Hi Ron, Thanks! Will do, most of your 2 part 3 part paint jobs now a days are that way, it does give you a chance in between coats to sand out any orange peel dirt ect that may be there.
Old 08-25-2016, 07:51 AM   #5862

Looking great Terry! Awesome job!

Your not going to take that out in the snow and salt this winter right? LOL

L.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:22 AM   #5863

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good morning, Started brite and early this am, working on the Tot'r , installing a compressor system, (12 volt) with a storage tank and auto shut off, kinda like the shop compressor only little. Compressor and tank came off one of my sand rails, it ran the shifter setup. MRE is the brand. Lloyd, yup we need a snow plow yet , so it'll get put back to work . I have been talking with Majic Paints, (that's who makes the paint I'm using), great response good info, I should have talked with them sooner. So I'm going to be changing the formulation on the Clear that I use for the pearl. The PU box came out okay but I think it could have been better.
Old 08-26-2016, 03:52 AM   #5864

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Nice Terry, I kind of wish that I would have added a tank with pressure switch on the air ride system on my TV, and went with a manual level instead of the on demand and electronic controls.
Sometimes, talking with the tech people at the manufacturer can really give you insite on using their products.
Enjoy your time away,
Frank
Franka548 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 03:58 PM   #5865

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi Terry,

Going to borrow your thread for a bit. Sorry! My BIL and SIL are here from Arizona. They are pulling their TT with a truck. There are having a problem and I am going to turn this over to Dave so he can explain and see if you guys can please help please.

Here's Dave: I have a 2007 ford 350 super duty, at about 50 to 60 mph it starts to miss or buck it smooths out but it is still there. The ERG and tubro have been replaced as a new fuel filter. I'm only getting about 10.5 mpg, down about mile and half from last season,
pulling a 22 foot trailer. Anyone have any Ideas?
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 04:28 PM   #5866

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Lynne, no prob hope we can get some fixes. The 6.0 can have a variety of quirks, they like clean oil, and good filters, if its not getting good fuel pressure it can do this, but soooo many other things can too. One thing I have run into is a connection under the Turbo, you can't see it and only if you know it's there will you find it, I have seen one that was dirty and not making a good connection so the computer was not getting all the info it needed.

« Goooodmorning!!! | - »