Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-12-2014, 05:29 PM   #575

Winnebago Owners Club
Lots to do while waiting for the flooring. Laying out the floor plan, revising the floor plan, revising the floor plan revision, reverting back to the floor plan.

Then running electrical and insulation.

Are you running the heating under the floor? Or down the side walls? Or both? If you could run the water lines near or above a plenum the freezing issue will be reduced. Insulated floor in the living compartment and step down to the garage?

Water tank inside or underneath? Extra insulation on the outside wall and underneath if inside would be a bonus.

Looking forward to the next photos with the mock up if you are going to share.

Having a great time following the thread.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2014, 06:41 PM   #576

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
rebuild

Good Evening All, Frank, I have to switch gears and it takes me a little bit to start and get going (I need to think whats next?) Gordon, You are 100 % correct, I don't even know how many times we have changed direction. I can tell you we are running the heat inside the cabinets, the water lines will run along with them above the floor and away from the walls. The water tank will be inside. It will be located in a low cabinet in front of the water heater, the floor is insulated now. I'll always try to post all my trial fittings as I go, In regards to extra insulation I didn't think about that in the rv, I did that yrs ago to all my duct works and pipes to reduce heat loss, might work here too. Having the other rv (the donor) has helped me get my mind around all the systems and how they are placed (and work) as I took them apart, most of these systems will be retrofitted into the new one. Something that I haven't said was that we were never big rv'ers I have owned motorhomes, TT's and truck campers but never had to "work" on them, sooo I don't have an intimate knowledge of them. But I'm learning, good thing I found this forum.

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 08:36 AM   #577

Winnebago Owners Club
Hi Terry;
My observation is the more insulation (R value) you can get in the walls, roof and floor the better it is. It will make it more comfortable and take less energy to heat or cool your living space. I doubt you will be taking the TH into sub zero temperatures but I hope once you start heading south for the winter you will encounter 90+ temperatures. We have hit temperatures as high as 105 in Yuma so the air conditioners got some work.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:57 AM   #578

Harley I hesitate to stick my nose in here but I can't help thinking that one more cross bracing wall in the living area is needed to keep the framing from moving from side to side while rolling along the road. I can't tell what the length of the open living area is so maybe I'm wrong but it looks too long without a cross wall somewhere or maybe an archway for bracing. Pete
Old 11-13-2014, 10:24 AM   #579

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
rebuild

Good Morning All, Gordon I completely agree, I don't think it matters if its an RV or S&B put as much insulation as you can in as many places. Norman, by all means stick your nose in , I invite everybody to voice an opinion or make a suggestion, what the interior is (starting from the back) an 11ft garage, then there will be a wall all the way across with a door in the middle, 13 ft of main living/kitchen area, then another wall for the bedroom area, (with a door off sides), of course the bathroom area will have its own walls which will add to the structural stability. Everything that I install like walls,ceiling, siding, and hard poly iso insulation gets glued as well as screwed ect.
Old 11-14-2014, 07:00 AM   #580

Sounds good Harley. I should have known you had that figured out. Great thread and I'm learning a lot.
Old 11-14-2014, 02:41 PM   #581

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
rebuild

Good Afternoon, Pete, I'm not sure that I have it all figured out, I am learning as I go on some of this stuff, some things like welding and fabricating steel and frames ect. I don't hesitate, I just know what and how to do, (because I've been there done that) but some of this other stuff I'm the one asking and researching, so anytime you might see something I want someone to speak up, (and they usually do!!)
Old 11-17-2014, 09:29 PM   #582

Winnebago Owners Club
What are we to do no updates for 2 plus days...lol Hope all is well Harley.
Old 11-18-2014, 01:12 AM   #583

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by octanefam View Post
What are we to do no updates for 2 plus days...lol Hope all is well Harley.
X-2, Rail
Old 11-18-2014, 05:45 AM   #584

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
rebuild

Sorry guys, I have been going in a bunch of directions last couple of days. I usually am ready for winter a month ago, (snow tires on, plow frames put on the trucks, ect.) so thats what I've been doing. Also I started on rebuilding the cabinets out of the donor FW, I'll try to get some pics. They came out with no backs and in some cases no sides, so I am making them complete so I can hang them in the TH. I "think" its less work then making them from scratch. I'm also not a cabinet maker. Thats a skill all by itself. Going today to pick up the flooring, & laminate for the counter tops.
Old 11-18-2014, 03:09 PM   #585

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
rebuild

Spent the day picking up parts, we now have the flooring for the garage and the coach area. The laminate for the counter tops and table top. Have to get pics of the garage floor.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1118141454.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	317.5 KB
ID:	79355   Click image for larger version

Name:	1118141604.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	397.0 KB
ID:	79356  

Old 11-18-2014, 03:24 PM   #586

Glad you didn't post a pic of all that snow.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:36 PM   #587

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
rebuild

HH, west of me got 3ft of snow today, over 100 miles of the NYS Thruway was/is closed due to snow. I got lucky only had 3".
Old 11-18-2014, 07:00 PM   #588

Snow in western NY

I live in Niagara Falls,NY. Today we had sunshine and no snow. Tomorrow 3to6 inches. South of us they are getting hammered with 6ft. of snow. Many driving bans are in place. The NYS thruway is shut from the PA border to near Rochester. A limited state of emergency has been declared. The national guard has been activated. The snow is so deep conventional snowplows are of no use. Many places are sending heavy snow removal equipment. Snow mobiles and ATVS are being used. I feel sorry for the 4000.00 that have lost electricity in the 20degree weather with winds and bad wind chill numbers. Enjoying reading your rebuild thread.