Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-07-2016, 10:59 AM   #5937

Great foul facts and A+ for using the internet!("if you see it on the internet......")

But what I was looking for was the "inside scoop".....
Sure they look cool but flying like a fighter squadron is highly suspicious ,
I suspect those Canadians are genetically engineering those birds and I think Gordon is eventually going to spill the beans.

Calling what they leave behind fertilizer is a real stretch.
That stuff is some kind of alien green slime and I'd walk an extra mile to avoid stepping in any of it. I think it might even glow in the dark or maybe by the light of a full moon.........c'mon Gordon what's up ?
You can tell US !

Are you guys feeding them nuclear waste or ???? to have them dispose of the stuff down here?

Is it a plot to make us leave so you can claim Arizona as a new Province so you can move there year round?

Are they some kind of Canadian GPS system so you can follow them here ?

Inquiring minds need to know , and don't feed us any of those "Ruppert Facts"

And just why are they called Canada Geese ?
They live down south most of the year , so .....

Oh goose crap !
I gotta go feed mom !

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2016, 11:24 AM   #5938
cwk

Popeye, Thanks for taking us back to (your version of) reality, and back to our regularly-scheduled programming. Geese facts were starting to get me down.

Terry, Do you ever sleep? Floors look great. Having the TH as alternate living quarters is nice. Hope all is still going well with Eleanor's Mom.

cwk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 11:36 AM   #5939

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
Great foul facts and A+ for using the internet!("if you see it on the internet......")

But what I was looking for was the "inside scoop".....
Sure they look cool but flying like a fighter squadron is highly suspicious ,
I suspect those Canadians are genetically engineering those birds and I think Gordon is eventually going to spill the beans.

Calling what they leave behind fertilizer is a real stretch.
That stuff is some kind of alien green slime and I'd walk an extra mile to avoid stepping in any of it. I think it might even glow in the dark or maybe by the light of a full moon.........c'mon Gordon what's up ?
You can tell US !

Are you guys feeding them nuclear waste or ???? to have them dispose of the stuff down here?

Is it a plot to make us leave so you can claim Arizona as a new Province so you can move there year round?

Are they some kind of Canadian GPS system so you can follow them here ?

Inquiring minds need to know , and don't feed us any of those "Ruppert Facts"

And just why are they called Canada Geese ?
They live down south most of the year , so .....

Oh goose crap !
I gotta go feed mom !
LOL - so many questions - so few answers. But I will try.

The reason they are called Canada Geese. No one else wanted them named after them and us Canadians being polite and all. You would have thought the genteel southerners would/could have been tagged. Now Georgia Geese does have a nice ring to it. Still not too late to step up and shoulder some of the burden.

Sorry - the green slime takes about 7 minutes to create so the stuff on your lawn is probably your lawn or the neighbors. Cannot be carried much farther.

They are trained to follow landmarks. They go from golf course to golf course. Stop building golf courses and they will lose their way. Or build golf courses with really tiny greens and short fairways! You know like par 3's or mini golf. It would be tough to eat and poop while being whacked by a clown sitting on a windmill.

The GPS system is owned and managed by the US Air Force. During Desert Storm the coordinates were changed and if they had followed the GPS at that time they would have ended up in who knows where. Hey brilliant idea - We could train them to use GPS, change the coordinates during migration and environmentally "goose" bomb isis into submission! As a by product the desert would bloom overnight, well maybe a weekend, solving the food production problems of the world!! LOL

Another option would be to gather up the poop and make methanol to burn in our cars. Or try throwing a couple geese into your trunk along with a bag of grass clippings and see how it works!!

Anyway that is the story as I know it. Tried to be helpful and accurate but really a tough thing to do considering the topic!
Old 09-07-2016, 03:57 PM   #5940

Terry
Sorry , I forgot to say , holy goose crap that floor looks better than new
The pickup ain't too shabby lookin' either chummy , doncha know !
I think you should just stay in the TH and keep the house A1 for when you sell it and go fulltime . You'll be a camping pro by then.

Gordon
Well , that's more like it ! If you find out anymore about those Georgia Geese let us know right away.

The goose turd distribution in the middle east is a great idea except I've never seen them doing it anywhere but on the ground (maybe a function of that 7 minute thing). Now we have a species here we call Flying Sea Rats that seem to actually prefer to drop on freshly washed boats and cars that would fit that bill nicely.......... (not rolling eyes but looking up , just in case)

They could be called Maine Geese but the Loons might object .

CWK
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." (Adam on MythBusters)

Lloyd
We just sent a new stealth destroyer down the river and the Captain is James Kirk ( for real ) maybe I can get him to use the new transporter so I can switch places with you,,,,,you don't mind shoveling snow do you ?
Old 09-07-2016, 05:40 PM   #5941

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, CW, I gave up sleeping several years ago, it has something to do with my RA and the meds I take. Thanks! I really don't mind staying in the TH, could certainly make the adjustment to full time, (as long as I had a big trailer to pull behind with a shop in it) Popeye, Thanks, I have to say the kudos need to go to Eleanor, she ran the floor sander, (I did the edges) and then put the poly on she's good with that stuff, she used to be the head custodian in a school district so every summer they did the floors over somewhere in the school. If it was up to me the house would be gone tomorrow . Well we got the new sneakers on the refurbished rims and installed them on the pu. Next up waiting on the new fender flairs, rear bumper and tailgate. oh and the bug guard for the hood.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0907161810.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	799.6 KB
ID:	138339  
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 06:07 PM   #5942

Just mount the plow on it and sell it with the house....."Buy THIS house and we'll throw in a FREE PLOW TRUCK !"
Old 09-07-2016, 06:25 PM   #5943

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Evening,

Terry, the floors and PU look great but no big surprise there. One of the CG's I'm looking at has a 100 camp site so it could accommodate your TH and TV.

The geese have been coming through here already too. Leaves are changing on the trees and that worries me. It has been very dry and the trees have been stressed, but it is way too early for me.

Are my geese Western/Eastern? Agree with the fertilizer but as long as they leave it in the field across the road I guess they can bomb away.

364 days left to w--k. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 07:06 PM   #5944

Lynne
Don't look at it as 364 days of w__k left but 364 days before freedom !
I know it's the same but you'll be concentrating on the fun instead of that other thing !
Old 09-07-2016, 07:19 PM   #5945

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Popeye,

There will be a lot of days of freedom during that 364 days, Wednesdays off, weekends off, holidays off, vacation!! Ah yes, the countdown is on and I am trying to keep control of myself. Ah hell, why!

tomorrow is 363. EEEKKKK Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 07:51 PM   #5946

So subtract those days = like 200 ?
Old 09-09-2016, 12:23 PM   #5947

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Popeye, when I sell the house I WON'T need a plow truck anymore so that's a good idea . Lynne, thanks!, the leaves are starting here too, the days are getting shorter the only thing that hasn't changed yet is the temps, we were almost 90* yesterday and it's supposed to stay warm at least for the next week, don't care if it never gets cold. Well the new tailgate was delivered at 9:00 am and I had it painted with the base color before noon , now we wait and put the pearl and clear on in 7 days and install that. Here's a pic after I hung it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0909161042.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	514.5 KB
ID:	138482  
Old 09-09-2016, 02:50 PM   #5948

Terry
But keep a snow shovel.

Tie it to the back of the rig and leave it there.

When someone asks you what kind of shovel that is , you know you've gone far enough south !
Old 09-09-2016, 03:12 PM   #5949

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
popeye, that would work, I once helped a buddy that was moving to California, he drove a Dodge power wagon 4X4 and he had the plow in the back, when we got to Cali he used to put it on just to hear what's that used for kinda questions.
Old 09-09-2016, 07:23 PM   #5950

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote