Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-10-2016, 03:56 PM   #6161

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
When you get into the FT, after awhile, you find other things, bike riding(Motorized or pedal), Kayaking, Golf, ETC. Before you know it, a lot of your projects get put on the back burner, because you are having too much fun. I like your idea of a super C with a Stacker behind with a shop in it, I do miss the touches and welder and air tools. i have cordless impacts for when I need them, but they are not the same. Remember that you need to be somewhere's close to 65' and not 75' + like on the Semis. Then by the time you load up the bikes and run around vehicle, not a whole lot of room left in the Stacker. I really do like your idea though.
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2016, 04:21 PM   #6162

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
Terry,
When you get into the FT, after awhile, you find other things, bike riding(Motorized or pedal), Kayaking, Golf, ETC. Before you know it, a lot of your projects get put on the back burner, because you are having too much fun. I like your idea of a super C with a Stacker behind with a shop in it, I do miss the touches and welder and air tools. i have cordless impacts for when I need them, but they are not the same. Remember that you need to be somewhere's close to 65' and not 75' + like on the Semis. Then by the time you load up the bikes and run around vehicle, not a whole lot of room left in the Stacker. I really do like your idea though.
Frank
Do not forget Nap Time.

If I knew what I know now when I was younger I would not have objected when Mom said "Nap Time"! I guess they call it siesta to be more mature.

Old 10-10-2016, 05:51 PM   #6163
cwk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
MK
I haven't seen any of those in a long time!
It is good to know we'll have something to cover our shoes when it rains...................
Focus, Popeye, Focus!!!
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 07:08 PM   #6164

Charles
Ba Doom Tshhhhhh !
Old 10-10-2016, 07:28 PM   #6165

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Popeye, I probley would sell them but only if I had another lined up first. Frank, It would certainly be a transition, My hobby and profession has been building things, but we do like riding the motorcycles, I just remembered you Honda guys would be surprised I actually looked at a Goldwing trike the other day, and yes it was red. Person wanted way to much money for the condition it was in , but if the price was right...........you never know.
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 08:42 PM   #6166

Terry
Those two rigs are your babies , gonna be a tough decision.
But then again you did send the Caddy down the road so you know you can't keep them all. Plus that's impossible for a fulltimer , or is it?

Now about that Goldwing that's surprising...Semper Fi Marine ????
Old 10-11-2016, 05:58 AM   #6167

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Popeye, With everyone that you sell someone gets a good rig and I can build a better one! I know what I would do different to the next one! Plus it gives me something to do. Goldwing's are great machines, I just prefer Harley's, but if a good deal came along............ I may put my side hack back on, but I need to have more room to bring them along. 29* this morning I am so not ready for this .
Old 10-11-2016, 07:15 AM   #6168

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
Along with things that you would do differently while building a unit, Eleanor woul want some things different also. The more you stay in these things, you see different things that you would like or need to have. A couple years will go quickly, as you found out last year when finishing the TH and this summer on the Tot'r.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 08:14 AM   #6169

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Terry,

I agree with Frank, you will always find something you want or need that you would have done different. The things is with your skills you can change it. I always figured I kept something as long as it was working for me and when I needed something different it was time to move on.

Like you I am not ready for this cold and white stuff. Not long though and we will both be joining the South travelers. Stay as warm as you can.

I make kolachi at Christmas time. They are a lot of work but sure taste good.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 08:48 PM   #6170

What can I say......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fix 1.jpeg
Views:	24
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	141356  
Attached Images

Old 10-11-2016, 10:04 PM   #6171

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Improvise to get you home! Popeye, I once put a old tire above the rearend pumpkin to support a much heavier load of antiques I went up to Michigan to pick up for a friend in my old Chevy Van! Got us back home, unloaded, and took the old tire out! Worked just fine, and was free! Rail!
Old 10-11-2016, 10:21 PM   #6172

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Terry,

I agree with Frank, you will always find something you want or need that you would have done different. The things is with your skills you can change it. I always figured I kept something as long as it was working for me and when I needed something different it was time to move on.

Like you I am not ready for this cold and white stuff. Not long though and we will both be joining the South travelers. Stay as warm as you can.

I make kolachi at Christmas time. They are a lot of work but sure taste good.

Lynne
Just south of me is the town of West,Texas. It is famous for Czech bakery's.
They don't have a rest stop they have a Czech Stop. I can't get down or up I-35 without stopping.
Czech Stop
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 11:32 PM   #6173

Gulf Streamers Club
My second favorite place to stop is Czech Stop. Wife was Czech (Zubik). Favorite place is Weikel's Bakery in LaGrange. For Klobasniki. Yum.

ronspradley
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 06:17 AM   #6174

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Frank, Lynne, I know time flies, especially when building stuff, and always seem there's something that needs to be changed. Popeye, hey innovation . I have done somethings to get back home (not quite like that). Bill, Ron, now I have to try and find these . Well today is going to be a nice fall day high 60's and sunny so need to get with it.