Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-12-2016, 06:52 AM   #6175

Hey Bill I grew up in Waco and fondly remember going to the Czech stop up there.....but since I have been in Huntsville and the wife is from Bryan we have traveled all the way over towards Temple to a place called "Greens Sausage Haus" in a little community called Zabcikville......it is a little meat market that processes it's own meat and even make eunsanietsa ...not sure of the spelling....otherwise called liver sausage.....they also make homage breads and of course kolaches.....i dare to say better than West....

Rail that trick with the tire sounds sketchy at best but if it works in well....lol

Terry your grand plans of a super c with a stacker are only dreams for us laymen here but your talents could definitely pull one off...

Be good .....don't know if I'll post in the other guys thread need to keep boosting this one....lol...back to the corner we're putting up Halloween decorations in our corner today..

Mk

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2016, 07:14 AM   #6176

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Popeye,
Good ingenuity there to get home.
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 09:23 AM   #6177

Not my ideas , but I DO need shocks...............ohhhhhh wait a minute , no coils
Old 10-12-2016, 07:28 PM   #6178

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Evening, MK, Not sure if I'll get the chance but if I do you guys will know it! Got the car trailer to the point that it can be used if needed, running out of time and need to do some other stuff in prep for winter, I was going to paint it but there are some "improvements" I need to do before it gets a coat of paint. Did try it out that's the MIL's car, the lowest one that's here to try, we used to load a dirt track modified car and a prostock on it and they where pretty low too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1012161403.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	865.3 KB
ID:	141422  
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 06:43 AM   #6179

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
Hope the weather hold out for you to finish the must do's and that you have time to finish the improvements and paint the trailer before the bad weather finally hits.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 06:51 AM   #6180

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Frank, it always seems to be a rush this time of year to get things done, the weather can change so dramatically and fast up here, some of the biggest snowfalls have been in October, doesn't stay but makes a mess. Supposed to rain later so gotta get with it.
Old 10-13-2016, 02:42 PM   #6181

If everybody is in the corner it ceases to serve the "corner" function !

I was gonna suggest we change it to sliding under a truck and doing a lube job but being it's this thread way too many of us would still enjoy doing that and the coffee and pastry shop would just end up being under there too.(hey , whatchya doin?)

So , tonight's assignment is where a truly effective "corner" could now be located , somewhere allowing a suitable amount of solitude and quiet self reflection.

And campfires , beaches , Vegas or Disney are not acceptable !

Terry
The storm has cleared your 20 and in about to get here so back to the job ! I'm going out to roll up windows......
Old 10-13-2016, 02:51 PM   #6182
cwk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
I was gonna suggest we change it to sliding under a truck and doing a lube job but being it's this thread way too many of us would still enjoy doing that and the coffee and pastry shop would just end up being under there too.
Awww... I still have my creeper from the 70's.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 03:06 PM   #6183

I just realized this storm is the same one that brought the snow to Gordon. ....Gordon Run Run Run (or is it too late?) there's another one coming in off the Pacific , pretty much covering Washington and Oregon right now...
Old 10-13-2016, 03:53 PM   #6184

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Popeye, the rain is still here although it is spotty, so today is a bust. But your right on the storm in the west, supposed to be bad. Here is a screen shot from my weather app on my phone. the little green dot is my location.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wsi_snapshot.png
Views:	33
Size:	679.8 KB
ID:	141470  
Old 10-13-2016, 04:30 PM   #6185

Hmmm I didn't zoom in on ya !
Ahhhhhh , interior on the Totr?

Hey , just hanging out and doing nothing in retirement is a job too !
Old 10-13-2016, 07:26 PM   #6186

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Popeye, actually where I live is in a strange "zone" I live high up but there is a valley that separates the weather, alot of times it will rain on each side of us and not rain here, (it seems to work the opposite in winter?) Well yesterday I had to check out my MIL's car, she has not drove it for awhile and the bat went dead. They way I checked the battery all the batteries in an RV could be checked very simply, without taking them out.
Old 10-13-2016, 09:14 PM   #6187

Opposite in the winter !!! not fair!

When we go vote next month I wonder if there will be a box to check for NO SNOW
Old 10-13-2016, 10:56 PM   #6188

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Good Afternoon, Popeye, the rain is still here although it is spotty, so today is a bust. But your right on the storm in the west, supposed to be bad. Here is a screen shot from my weather app on my phone. the little green dot is my location.
Yes they are saying the storm out here is to be something else so we will see. I have the Generator ready but don't have the transfer switch done so i will have the important things plugged in. They are now saying early tomorrow meaning Friday.