Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-17-2016, 05:37 PM   #6203

Veggies and dip with coffee??????? I don't knowwwwwww.
I was going to say pizza but that would be just as bad.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2016, 06:14 PM   #6204

Oh , I got it!
Skip all this posting for donuts and corner stuff..............

Terry just needs to make all future videos into 23 part mini series' Then we can all comment on each episode!

Old 10-17-2016, 06:27 PM   #6205

Ya know Popeye if we start making single word post to say what we want then it would put a thousand posts a day in this thread.....know what I mean??

Mk

PS if you want me to demonstrate I will....lol
Old 10-17-2016, 06:42 PM   #6206

Probably tick off the Mods and get us a warning or whatever they do

Hey Boko
That's a great fix!
Wish they came that way from the mfg !
Old 10-17-2016, 08:15 PM   #6207

Retired Fire Service RVer's
MK and Popeye,
You guys are tooooo funny!!!!!!!!!! I would rather have Lynne's rhubarb pie.

Boko,
You can post the pics here if you want, Sounds like the powdercoat is going to do the trick for you at a good price.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 09:06 PM   #6208

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
going to chime in here, any one make Popeye's mom's apple pie? for the corner
I've been soooo busy getting ready to get out of Dodge. Hoping ,praying, wishing my Tie rod comes tomorrow. I really could have or should have driven the 250 miles to get it to be sure we get it by tomorrow.. That will give us 2 days to get to Yuma. I already moved the date up once and hope we don't lose our deposit. Besides that we are ready to hit the road.
I Hope,

bap glad to see you have the energy to come on line.

Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 06:27 AM   #6209

Tim, can't you just pay for your site and not use it to hold it? The monthly rate is very reasonable.

Our daughter is giving serious thought to coming to visit us while we are there, and we may take the coach out and make a loop around Arizona. Figured we would just pay for the month and they would hold our site open while we are away for a week or so.

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 06:39 AM   #6210

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee back normal, we ran vinegar through the kureg Sunday to clean it out. It tastes much better now.
Tim,
Hope that your tie rod comes today, I'm sure that if you call the park and tell them that you are going to be held up a couple more days, that you will be ok.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 11:11 AM   #6211

Winnebago Owners Club
Yup they will hold the site. Tell them to start the clock, you are having issues getting there/here and will be bringing the cheque with you. They should know you from last year and should be easy to get along with.

Our site is empty for more than 6 months each year. They do not let anyone into it, we just let them know we will be leaving and tell them when we arrive.

Talked to the manger this morning. He was disappointed with the county response and has ordered two bee keepers outfits and will attempt to move them himself next time.

We are set up and doing the final touches. Supposed to be 98 by Friday. Glad we are under the trees in our site. Going to finish setup and then spend some time on the zero gravity under the trees. With lemonade of course.

Tim - I too have been thinking about the pineapple pie. We will have to collaborate to do a trial run.
Old 10-18-2016, 12:11 PM   #6212
RVM99

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
MK and Popeye,
You guys are tooooo funny!!!!!!!!!! I would rather have Lynne's rhubarb pie.

Boko,
You can post the pics here if you want, Sounds like the powdercoat is going to do the trick for you at a good price.
Frank
Here's my powder coated steps. The last pic tries to show that the finish is not totally smooth (on purpose). The guy that did the work said he already had the gun loaded up to work with this particular material and asked if I wanted it on my steps. Explained to me that it would be not totally non-slip but it'd help a lot in reducing slips. I think it came out really nice personally, but I'm no expert.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1826.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	233.6 KB
ID:	141875   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1828.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	211.6 KB
ID:	141876  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1827.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	255.8 KB
ID:	141877  
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 12:44 PM   #6213

Nice !
I bet it will stay that way for years too !
Old 10-18-2016, 01:16 PM   #6214
RVM99

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Yea, I sure hope so. I just wished I looked into this option prior to spending boatloads of time/$$$ on the more manual approach.

But like lots of things, it was a fun learning exercise and having this local guy, I'll definitely go back for any future projects
Old 10-18-2016, 05:05 PM   #6215
RVM99

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Posted a thread about my step adventure, in case anyone is interested. Surprisingly, I searched for other threads doing this before even tackling this project and couldn't find any! I guess folks just buy new ones
Old 10-18-2016, 09:53 PM   #6216

Bokobird, HMM textured powder, My former boss and I were the ones who developed some of the first textured powders, working with Ferro right out of high school. Also clear, smoked clear, "chrome" powder and a bunch of others. It was fun at times, plus I could paint anything I could fit in the ovens free, and they have a couple BIG ovens, we painted stock car chassis, car frames and more in there. I powder coated just about every piece of the suspension and sub-frames for my old Nova. You name it I probably painted it at one time or another.

They're still in business but barely, most places do finishing in house these days, and others have either gone under or were bought and closed.

We even developed a process to powder coat wood !!