Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2016, 09:01 PM   #6217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
MK and Popeye,
You guys are tooooo funny!!!!!!!!!! I would rather have Lynne's rhubarb pie.

Frank

I made a bunch of rhubarb and fruit pies, actually harvested the last batch to freeze for winter and mowed it off yesterday. Made rhubarb/apple, strawberry/rhubarb, peach/rhubarb, mixed berry/rhubarb, tart and sweet rhubarb pies and honey sweetened rhubarb sauce.

Was bored today so I made a large batch of venison chili (started with 10 pounds of venison )
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2016, 09:05 PM   #6218

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorBreaker View Post
Bokobird, HMM textured powder, My former boss and I were the ones who developed some of the first textured powders, working with Ferro right out of high school. Also clear, smoked clear, "chrome" powder and a bunch of others. It was fun at times, plus I could paint anything I could fit in the ovens free, and they have a couple BIG ovens, we painted stock car chassis, car frames and more in there. I powder coated just about every piece of the suspension and sub-frames for my old Nova. You name it I probably painted it at one time or another.

They're still in business but barely, most places do finishing in house these days, and others have either gone under or were bought and closed.

We even developed a process to powder coat wood !!
Nice! In my initial research, I saw some really nice powder coated wheels and such. And like you say, there were some that were chrome! Amazing stuff.

Thanks to all for the feedback and for letting me disrupt Terry's thread with this project
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 11:51 PM   #6219

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorBreaker View Post
I made a bunch of rhubarb and fruit pies, actually harvested the last batch to freeze for winter and mowed it off yesterday. Made rhubarb/apple, strawberry/rhubarb, peach/rhubarb, mixed berry/rhubarb, tart and sweet rhubarb pies and honey sweetened rhubarb sauce.

Was bored today so I made a large batch of venison chili (started with 10 pounds of venison )
Wow!! All of that sound's very good! My mouth is watering! Rail!
Old 10-19-2016, 04:53 AM   #6220

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Boko,
Nice on the steps, should last you for years.
DoorBreaker,
Thanks for that info, we appreciate it.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 05:09 AM   #6221

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Still very busy cleaning up taking advantage of the good weather I guess one more day then supposed to go down hill . Boko, great job on the steps. Firmed up the date to put the TH away 26th or 28th, like to have a couple of choices in case something comes up.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:41 PM   #6222

Tiffin Owners Club
I just found this thread. Wow, is all I can say. Amazing what has transpired from the start of it. I am so humbled by the way this group has been supportive and encouraging through all of the events that have been documented here. It makes me very proud to part of such a wonderful community. Terry, congratulations on such a fine rehab project. I only wish I had the talent and experience to tackle such an undertaking. Over the past couple of days I have read most all of this thread. What a read it was. I wish I had started earlier so as not to have to read all 445 pages to get caught up to today, LOL!
Again, thanks for the community created here.
JRS950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 01:11 PM   #6223
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Jim (JRS950),

Welcome! Yup. Terry is very talented.

Better yet, he has shared and taught us a lot. And, we have learned a lot from each other as well. This is one of my favorite, must-read forum threads.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 01:21 PM   #6224

Terry
Today is the last warm one here too!
Here we go ,,,again!

Will you be able to work on the TH in the storage place?
I think you said something about upgrades...
Old 10-19-2016, 02:55 PM   #6225

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, JR, welcome! and thanks for the kind words. Charles, thanks! Popeye, Yup we had 85* yesterday high 60's today but rain for the next couple then colder, 50's, so it's coming . I can't work on the TH while it's in storage but what I'll do is stage all the parts to finish, (is it ever done?) so in the spring it'll be a big push to finish. I'll be working on the Tot'r this winter there's alot to be done inside, (like all of it), and I'll pick the good days for the outside work, I just won't be able to paint it. So really hoping the late spring we will be ready to roll and I won't have any huge projects on them to do. Any projects that I'll be doing can be stopped for when we want to take off. The only thing that could put a damper on things is the MIL and her recovery or lack of, she's had a real rough go of it.
Old 10-19-2016, 04:03 PM   #6226

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
JR,
Welcome to the thread, we have become good friends on here and the Gooodmorning thread. Some of us have met in person and continue to keep track of one another.
Please join in whenever the thought arises and don't be afraid to ask any questions that you might have.
Terry,
Thoughts and prayers continue for your MIL.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 04:35 PM   #6227

Terry
Yup , hope she has full recovery this winter.

JR

^^What they said.....
Old 10-19-2016, 11:18 PM   #6228

Truck out of body shop

We ended up with our f250 in the body shop for 7 days. He told us to call him on Thursday and said he needed more time due to lots of grinding. Got it back Tuesday at 3pm. DD paid a friend of ours to take her to work on the weekend.His parting comments were that he no longer can do body work on our truck. Just let it rust out. Then he said the work he did should last 2to3yrs. The truck looks amazing. Just a few small pieces of rust came out from the rocker panel. He promptly put the $150.00 in his pocket. It is a 1997 4x4 8ft. bed with a fiberglass cap. Correction onethousand five hundred dollars. I wonder if another body shop would work on this truck in the future. I will take some pictures and post soon. We are going camping this weekend with our club. Should be fun with a Halloween theme. Awful cold at 30 to47degrees and some rain. Prayers for your MIL Harley1994.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 12:32 AM   #6229

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Dang, Terry! Give your MIL our best, for sure!
I hope the weather holds good for you thru December!
I did notice you were accumulating a lot of "stuff" in the paint booth! Are you taking it down for the winter?
Looking forward to the Tot'er build/finish!

JRS950, Read the whole thing? Bet that took a few days!! Welcome! As the others have said, Terry has taught us all a lot, and I for one have seen his and Eleanor's work up close, and it is amazing! Jump in anytime, and comment away!

Rail!
Old 10-20-2016, 05:54 AM   #6230

Terry, here's to a recovery by the MIL!

Hearing your cold weather is on site keeps reminding me ours although less chilly is coming soon!

L.