Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-01-2014, 10:51 PM   #659

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Hawaii??? mmmmmmm!!!! Unless you all really want a vacation to Hawaii, we will be back in the states the later part of March to the last part of April/middle of May! We will be in our MH traveling around the U.S. and visiting friends and family! It would be very cool to have a weekend when we all could meet up, and check out Terrys CFC and TH, and really get to know everyone! So, Jira and I are in, if we can do it in that time frame!
H.H., you could not stand it, had to get your hands dirty!! Hahahah!! Sounds just like me! Good luck with your project, keep us posted with the progress!
Gordon, that is really cold! Hope Janet is doing good, and getting better every day!
Terry, you will be busy sounds like, keep us posted!!
Frank, glad the weather is nice in Florida! Rail!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2014, 04:51 AM   #660

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
rebuild

Good Morning All, Frank, It might be coming together, it seems like everytime I get ready to do something its "wait we need to do this first" can drive me nuts. Rail, You really know how to put the pressure on a guy . I'm not sure that the rig will be done by then, plus sometimes around here winter likes to hang on, but you never know, I like to work with a goal so maybe .

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 11:55 PM   #661

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Good Morning All, Frank, It might be coming together, it seems like everytime I get ready to do something its "wait we need to do this first" can drive me nuts. Rail, You really know how to put the pressure on a guy . I'm not sure that the rig will be done by then, plus sometimes around here winter likes to hang on, but you never know, I like to work with a goal so maybe .
No pressure, go at your own pace, and it will be what it is!! Done or not, we can all still meet up somewhere, and have a very good time! It will take a lot of logistic's to get everyone to one place at the same time! Weather is the big factor that time of year! No worries! Rail!
Old 12-03-2014, 06:03 AM   #662

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
rebuild

Good Morning, Rail, getting everyone together would certainly be nice, even if the TH is not done (will it ever be "done") DW and I ride and any excuse would lead to an adventure, last couple of years I haven't been able to ride much with knee replacement, then an accident resulting in a hip fracture, so getting together is a nice excuse, however we do it. DW got the Cornice's done for the coach area, still need to get the garage area done, (of course I need to INSTALL the windows!).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1203140652.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	398.1 KB
ID:	80407  
Old 12-03-2014, 08:20 AM   #663

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Nice Terry, Eleanor sure does nice work. Just remember that every time you get frustrated with the "wait we have to do this first" That if you don't wait, then you will have to take out what you just did. You know that old saying " measure twice, cut once" applies here with the thinking things through so that everything gets done in the right order.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 09:45 AM   #664

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
How about Quartzsite Az? Sounds like there will be lots of fellow MH's there.
Tim,

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 10:44 AM   #665

Winnebago Owners Club
Quartzsite would be good for us.
Old 12-03-2014, 11:04 AM   #666

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
rebuild

Sounds like we are starting to put together a place to meet up? Thanks Tim for the suggestion! Frank, I thought it was "I cut it twice and its still too short" . I'm working with no blueprints, so I do have to think things thru, even then I forget stuff. Then I have to wait till I find it, then order it......... you kinda see what I mean.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:42 PM   #667

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
rebuild

I had a short time outside today, so I installed the rain gutter over the rear door, still have to make the end diverters. Kinda hard to see in the pics.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1203141321.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	186.4 KB
ID:	80460  
Old 12-03-2014, 05:49 PM   #668

nice,
I understand Terry, I was trying to show you support.
Frank
Old 12-03-2014, 06:58 PM   #669

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
rebuild

Frank, no offence here, You all have supported me thru talking on here, and given me so many tips, and steered me back when I was going nuts (even if I didn't say I was). Really thank you all.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:26 PM   #670

Terry,
I was not taking any offence either, we can tell that you appreciate the various advice that has been offered.
Quartzite is a little too far west for me this spring, but it is a good idea.
Frank
Old 12-03-2014, 08:43 PM   #671

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
rebuild

Ok, DW got another Cornice done, this one (and one other) will be going into the garage area windows, At least the garage will be Harley colors I was running Quartzite by DW and it might be too far for us as well, at least in the spring, (she might not be able to get the time off then) plus I probably should do some shake down cruises closer to home to get the bugs out. Some other suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1203142127.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	312.1 KB
ID:	80472  
Old 12-04-2014, 02:21 AM   #672

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Ok, DW got another Cornice done, this one (and one other) will be going into the garage area windows, At least the garage will be Harley colors I was running Quartzite by DW and it might be too far for us as well, at least in the spring, (she might not be able to get the time off then) plus I probably should do some shake down cruises closer to home to get the bugs out. Some other suggestions?
Well, we are going to be in the central Illinois area, the most of our trip, as that is where my son is, but will be traveling all over, so we are open as far as the place we all decide! Somewhere down around Bap? If he ever surfaces again? Must have been a hell-of-a-vacation? We will start our journey in Phoenix, and go to S.C., to see the DW's cousin, then up to N.Y.C, then to see Niagara falls. Then back to Illinois, to see family. Then back out west thru Deadwood, Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone, and back thru Vegas, and to southern Ca. I have a friend that want's to buy the MH and he is in southern Ca.! That is the plan so far,, but it all is subject to change, at any time!! Hope gas stays cheap!
Wow, Terry, Eleanor does really good work! You guys decide the place, and we will be there! OK? Rail!