Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2014, 04:03 AM   #57

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
rebuild

Gordon you got me now, I wasn't aware of flush mount E Track do you have to cut into the floor? if so how much? I'll have to look into that, I think I would like the flush version.
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2014, 07:21 AM   #58

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Have you and the DW thought about feather painting instead of wallpaper. You could use any color combination you want and adjust the looks according to what you use as the applicator?
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 08:10 AM   #59

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
rebuild

Actually no we hadn't, I know my wife did something like that once on a border, hmmmm have to check that out! Thanks for the tip.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:30 AM   #60

Amazing !?!?!?!

Just stumbled onto this thread... LOVE the pictures !!

I'm going to Sturgis next year... I'm thinking you should plan a well deserved vacation after undertaking such a huge project...

I hope to see you there !!!
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:16 AM   #61

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
rebuild

Thanks!, We are planning an 8000 mile trip from NY state across to Oregon down the coast and back thru southern states. Maybe if the planning is right we will be going thru the Dakotas soooo who knows!! Here's a shot getting ready to raise the sides 18" then a new roof.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0910141143.jpg
Views:	693
Size:	476.1 KB
ID:	73517  
Old 09-10-2014, 06:15 PM   #62

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
rebuild

Just got back in from the rebuild, had to cover it up, expecting rain tomorrow, tarping is a pain. got the sides and roof rafters up but I didn't get a final pic.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	0910141413.jpg
Views:	665
Size:	428.2 KB
ID:	73552   Click image for larger version

Name:	0910141721.jpg
Views:	702
Size:	473.6 KB
ID:	73553  

Old 09-10-2014, 07:07 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Just got back in from the rebuild, had to cover it up, expecting rain tomorrow, tarping is a pain. got the sides and roof rafters up but I didn't get a final pic.
This is unbelievably amazing. Do you have a link or pics of the new siding?
TravisNuwa81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 07:34 PM   #64

Fleetwood Owners Club
Wow Harley1994,
I am impressed and now certainly riveted with your build! I give you a ton of credit taking on such a large project! I am impressed to say the least!
I am also own a custom car and bike business north of Chicago and I don't think I would take this project on! LOL
I will be watching your progress with anticipation!
Please keep the progress coming along with a ton of pictures!!!!!

Thank You for sharing........
Craig
Craig N Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 04:41 AM   #65

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
rebuild

Thanks for all the kind words, it really keeps me going. I don't have the siding on yet, weather permiting I'll be getting it on in the next few days. here is a link to the co. its in Boston, Mass. J. Freeman, Inc. distributor - Velcro, Silicone, Plexiglas and more they are a distributer of many differant products. Years ago I was the one watching from the sidelines, but my father would always take on and build things he needed, he was a 3rd gen logger and once cut, seasoned and put up a log cabin for himself and my mother and never had done carpentry in his life. He would just study and do. Well gotta go for now Thanks again everyone.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:37 AM   #66

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Gordon you got me now, I wasn't aware of flush mount E Track do you have to cut into the floor? if so how much? I'll have to look into that, I think I would like the flush version.
Yes the flush mount is cut into the floor. It looks like the inset is about 1/4 - 3/8 deep. The track does rise up a small amount above the floor - estimate 1/8 - 3/16.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:17 PM   #67

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
rebuild

Thanks Gordon, Do you have the flush e track? If so how do like it? I was wondering about possible debris getting into it and having trouble getting it out. I don't plan on having anything muddy in there but.... Well not doing alot today raining here, getting ready for a push into the weekend, staging pieces that need to go on.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	0911140924.jpg
Views:	629
Size:	421.6 KB
ID:	73597   Click image for larger version

Name:	0911141026.jpg
Views:	632
Size:	379.3 KB
ID:	73598  

Old 09-12-2014, 07:47 AM   #68

Solar system on the roof? Semi permanent generator?

Outside entertainment center? Atleast a stereo?
HuntingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:10 AM   #69

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
rebuild

Solar is something I have been interested in, I don't plan on boondocking ,at least not right now. If I was I would be putting in a serious solor system w/batteries. My MDT has a generator built in so I don't need to put one in the trailer. I might do a built in stereo, I might be odd but we don't have a radio on in the house, in the car or truck but thats about it. We will be looking at some kind of tv system, not sure on that yet.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:13 AM   #70

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks Gordon, Do you have the flush e track? If so how do like it? I was wondering about possible debris getting into it and having trouble getting it out. I don't plan on having anything muddy in there but.... Well not doing alot today raining here, getting ready for a push into the weekend, staging pieces that need to go on.

I have both the flush and top mounted track. Flush on the main deck, raised on the lift. Prefer the flush as it is easer to walk over and drive across. Trip hazard on both when the connection points are inserted . . . been there, done that.

Both are about equal to clean out. The raised may not collect as much debris but the flush is not that bad. Both collect when the tire drives across or you step on them. Flush has a small rise so debris does not "run" into it. So far no issues. I have taken the vacuum cleaner and the air hose to clean them. Vacuum is better. Less debris floating around.