Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-03-2015, 04:56 AM   #827

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Rail, good suggestion on the trim, I had used that many yrs ago on a car door didn't think about lately, I was thinking about what type of "bead" to put on a wind guard. Yep I use a brace, (dislike them they restrict my movement, I know their supposed to), trouble is I've felt this before and it wasn't good. Eleanor is picking up the paint today . Still trying to get the window in that should have been done two days ago.

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2015, 02:15 PM   #828

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
rebuild

Ok, DW and I went to Home Depot today, we got paint for the garage area, and some switches ect. I found a switch/outlet that will save space and give me a way to turn off my outside outlet and give me power inside all in one. will post a pic tomorrow. Still didn't get that window in . Gordon, we got your snow here now, hard to see out the windows.

Old 01-03-2015, 06:13 PM   #829

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Terry,

If you look at some of the MHs that have the couch by the kitchen, they have a splash guard so things don't spill on the couch. Same difference but since this is a Harley hauler I think the diamond plate would be the correct choice and would not be bothered by the heat. It would also keep spills off the stairs in case something got knocked over. Don't know about you and Eleanor, but I tend to do that once in a while.

Rail, I think we both are enjoying this thread. I don't know how to do most of this stuff (and don't have the tools) so I enjoy watching Terry's progress. 60 pages and counting!

Lynne and it snowed today then turned to rain and ice. Yuck, I hate winter!
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 07:40 PM   #830

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Evening, Lynne, yes I have seen the splash guards by the sofas ect. Not a bad idea, double duty . Yep we got a little snow and now its freezing rain as I type this, usually lose power if it keeps up too long, very rural here, lots of trees come down on the power lines. I too am not liking winter very much.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:07 PM   #831

Harley , I have elbow and back pain from overloading myself in my younger years too.
The best relief is not doing things that you know from experience will hurt ya !

I'm also on the "I hate winter" bus. Maybe we should start a special thread devoted to it? Even those that live in the snowbird south would probably have a post or two after the latest surge of polar cold sweeping the country. Single digit daytime temps coming up next week..................Oh My Goshk !

Looks like you're getting close to finishing up the rear of the TH...1/3 down and already got a start on the next section...WTG !!
Old 01-03-2015, 08:23 PM   #832
KIX

Like most of us old guys I get aches and pains too. A few years ago someone told me about Tiger Balm. I really works for me and eases those aches and pains overnight. It's available at Walmart in Pharmacy with Ben-Gay type products. Try it,,,,you'll like it.
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 08:29 PM   #833

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Lynne, good idea.
Gordon, I never thought of the light switch for the outside outlets, that is a wonderful idea, and I agree with you on more outlets.
Terry, I agree with rail, take care of that knee and put the brace on.
Rail, I agree with you on the auto door edge trim for the top of the diamond plate.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 08:40 PM   #834

Winnebago Owners Club
Hi All;
I think I mentioned previously I had to put socks on in my sandals. Its a lie, I put them on a long time ago!

Not that I really like winter but I downhill ski. So lots of snow especially in the mountains is right in my wheel house. Course I like to golf as well so mixed emotions.

We are all aging but not getting old. We just have to acknowledge that the body is not quite what it was a few years ago and do things smarter rather than harder. Those harder days should be in our past.

So take care of yourselves. Want to see you all enjoying the fruits of your labors rather than sitting on the porch looking at what you did. Anyway enough waxing philosophic.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:06 PM   #835

Excel Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Terry,

I just went through this whole thread and I am very impressed! I wish I had seen this thread sooner! My late wife and I bought a 2004 Sunline travel trailer, that had been rolled. We completely dismantled it for good parts. I have several windows, a Dometic 8cu ft. fridge and some miscellaneous lights, etc... in my shed. I would have gladly donated them to your build!

EMD_Driver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 09:32 PM   #836
bap

terry has us all hooked on his work,, he has done a great job,,i haave learned so much from this thread,,,alot of great info on here...

aand about the weather,,here in eastern ky we have had it very nice so far even as i type this at 10:27 its 61 outside,,,just got in from riding the 4wheeler no coat needed..thats not our typical january weather,,,,we have had most days in the 40s to mid 50s,,,,,but the old man winter is coming in the next couple days were going into our usual weather,,,single digets at night mid teens in the day,,,,so i had to take the advantage of this weather and take my new to me atv out for an evening ride...lol
Old 01-03-2015, 10:16 PM   #837

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Yes, Terry has all of the skill's and the tools to "Get It Done", And it is a pure pleasure to watch his progress! Being over here in Thailand, it keeps me connected to my love of fixing things, and doing them my self! If i can throw in a tid bit of info, now and then, so be it! Most of the time i am just sitting back and shaking my head in amazement, and !! Keep up the good work, Terry! Rail!
Old 01-04-2015, 08:30 AM   #838
bap

yea rail you sure give great advise,,,i always pay close attention to anything u hve to ad for sure..
Old 01-04-2015, 04:53 PM   #839

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
rebuild

Thanks sooo much for the kind words, makes what I'm doing that much more enjoyable . Popeye, I always have said had I'd known I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself ........ naaaa I had too much fun. KIX, I'll have to try that Tiger Balm, but I fear its gone beyond that. Frank, I have purchased the switches, Great idea for sure. Gordon, The only downhill sking I'm probably ever going to do is in my car on an icy road LOL. EMD, Thank You! I used to drive semi's and always stopped at the big truck stop in Wheeling WV. Bap, take it easy with that new ATV it can get ya. Rail, throw any and all advise my way, I always can use it for sure.
Old 01-04-2015, 04:58 PM   #840

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
guardrail53,

I am with you, just sit back in amazement most of the time because most of this stuff is beyond me. I found this post early on and have really enjoyed it.

It has been snowing in MI since yesterday and yeah, some ice and rain. It is supposed to get in single digits tomorrow and I HATE WINTER!!!!!

I leave for work at 0530 and the roads are never cleaned. I have a rule. If I don't think I can safely drive the 31 miles to work, then I go home. It is not worth my health or life to get there. I have already had 2 spinal fusions and don't need or want another. 3 knee surgeries and had a heart ablation Dec 22nd. I don't need the stress.

Everyone keep safe out there. In three years when I retire I would love to meet up with some of you somewhere. Would be nice.

beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote