Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-04-2015, 05:22 PM   #841

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
rebuild

Ok, now for what we did today, I helped (really just watched) DW paint the inside of the garage area of the TH, this was a mostly an all day job, the only thing is pictures don't really show what it actually looks like in person, sooo here goes. First she painted the walls black, then went over that with orange (using a sponge), then over that with light gray,(also with a sponge) then went over that with silver, (also with a sponge), she still has to go over all of that with semi gloss clear, which will give it alot of depth. Remember this is a Harley Hauler, so the color selection for the garage. we still need to do the ceiling, that gets done with headliner material (soft) and the color is light gray. and I need to install the wall separating the garage from the living area. here are the pics. If you click on the photos and blow them up you get somewhat of an idea.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0104151123.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	355.0 KB
ID:	82614   Click image for larger version

Name:	0104151237.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	428.6 KB
ID:	82615  

Name:	0104151416.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	500.4 KB
ID:	82616   Click image for larger version

Name:	image1 (4).jpg
Views:	117
Size:	617.8 KB
ID:	82617  

Name:	image1 (3).jpg
Views:	107
Size:	398.5 KB
ID:	82618   Click image for larger version

Name:	0104151614.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	412.9 KB
ID:	82619  

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2015, 05:33 PM   #842

Winnebago Owners Club
Hey Terry. I like it. Some thought and innovation went into the color selection. I like the technique. Did Eleanor paint the wall plate as well? Neat!

Progress is happening. Obviously cooler outside than you would like. As I recall the back door/ramp gets diamond plate?

Skiing in a car is not my idea of fun in any way, even if I plan it.

We are currently 104F colder than Yuma. Not long for the north if I can help it.

Old 01-04-2015, 06:17 PM   #843

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Gordon, 104 deg dif, That is just wrong!!!. I would be in the next flight out I could!! Eleanor said thanks! actually if you can see in the pics the wall plate is reflecting the floor, it is made out of aluminum diamond plate, bought at Home Depot. the back door has gone thru several ideas and I have decided on a rubber garage floor mat that Home Depot has, it also has a diamond plate design and appears to be very sticky. it was sold in 9' X 12' section, and could be installed like the EPDM roofing. it only comes in black color
Old 01-04-2015, 07:01 PM   #844

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry, tell Eleanor that she is a true artist with that sponge. If you don't like the black on the rubber mat, you can use the krylon plastic spray to paint it whatever color that you choose.
Gordon, you need to get out of that cold weather as soon as you can, I hear Yuma calling you clear from Florida.
Bemis, If you keep an eye on this thread, Terry and I are going to try to set up a meet and greet this summer somewhere around Geneva, Ohio not too far off of Interstate 90, you are more than welcome to join us.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 07:11 PM   #845

Rail, I'm sorry, I totally ignored you(not intentional). I agree with Terry and Gordon, you have very good ideas, and even I listen to what you have to say, without rebuilding anything, just to learn new things.
Frank
Old 01-04-2015, 07:28 PM   #846

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Frank, Eleanor comes up with really neat ideas, she said thanks! Anyone would be welcome for sure when we set up a meet should be a good time.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:38 PM   #847

I agree, can't wait to meet the 2 of you, I'm sure we will have a great time, even though we don't ride like the 2 of you do.
Frank
Old 01-04-2015, 07:39 PM   #848
bap

your wife and mine would get along great with there painting technics,,,mine is always doing stuff like that,,,,truley gifted in color matching and the way she uses sponges and rags to blend colors together..
Old 01-04-2015, 08:14 PM   #849

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Bap, we've always thought "out of the box" ideas and by reading some of the things that you have done and are still doing I think we would get along fine. Sometimes you just gotta try something, if it doesn't work you just say "well that didn't work" and try something different.
Old 01-04-2015, 09:31 PM   #850

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Terry, tell Eleanor she did a great job, it truly looks great! That diamond plate gives the allusion of the floor being wider than it is! Looks really good! I also think the rubber mat is a very good idea for the door, won't be near as slick! As for the hold downs for the bikes, they make recessed e-track, that you can clip a holder in just for the front wheel! I saw these at the Harley warehouse in Milwaukee in the straight trucks that move the bikes from warehouse to warehouse! I hauled a few loads out to the proving grounds just west of Kingman, Az.! Harley had a big warehouse and did a lot of testing out there! Man, they had a couple of bikes that were new customs, i wanted so bad, but they would not cut them loose!! hahaha!!! I also tried to get my semi out on the test track, just to turn it loose just once, to see how it would do? The computer on the dyno at Kingman said it would run 126 mph! Then i thought about the 75mph speed rating on the steer tires, and decided i did not need to chance it, or have to replace the tires if it separated the belts after! I ran it up over 100 mph once on a stretch of I-20 and had to replace the steer tires shortly after? Truckers?? Rail!
Old 01-04-2015, 09:50 PM   #851
KIX

Harley, The "garage" paint job looks really super. And the cornice over the window is pretty classy too. Excellent job. Please take another pic after it's clear coated.
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 11:38 PM   #852

Winnebago Owners Club
Rubber is better I think, but no experience. I have diamond plate on the 5er and the stacker. Have managed to light the tire up a couple times when loading. Note to self - do not drive across wet surfaces when loading - LOL.
Old 01-05-2015, 06:09 AM   #853

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Rail, Eleanor says Thanks!, It sounds like you had some very interesting loads, I never had anything that I would consider nice. Gordon also mentioned recessed E Track I need to look into it, not sure how the flooring will react cutting a slot (if it will move, I didn't glue it down). KIX, Thanks! I will post pics as soon as I get it done, I need to pick up the clear yet, then test and make sure it doesn't react with the paint, probably this weekend. Gordon, yep, loading race cars on diamond plate ramps was always interesting, hopefully the rubber will be better. Will be working on the inside walls today, too cold to put windows in I think, need the butyl tape to compress easily to seal.
Old 01-05-2015, 11:59 AM   #854

Winnebago Owners Club
Terry - the surface etrack will work as well. We have both the recessed and surface in the stacker. The surface sticks up about 1/2 inch and works well.

Regardless of which you use the biggest issue is the rings. They stick up no matter which type of track is used!