Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-09-2015, 01:33 AM   #897

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntingHawk View Post
After we checked out the 1991 & I saw the amount of water damage she laid down the law. Pay off my credit card & then purchase a newer MH. That 31ft had water damage at the cab over, bedroom exit window, & the worst was behind the frig. Damage roof vent to floor & looked like floor damage also. Infact, she said a new one set up exactly like we want it if need be.
HH, You know what they say, If the wife ain't happy, no one is happy!!
Terry, the slide out thought did cross my mind too, but I kept my mouth shut!
Gordon, we all have the 2' more thing! Our minds never stop thinking, (What If!)
Spritz, a stacker, huh?????? Hahahahaha!
Rail!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2015, 05:02 AM   #898

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, HH, DW knows best, show her all those DP's . Rail, early on DW suggested a slide, I resisted saying that would be too much, maybe next year I'll retro a slide, that would make a new thread . I'd like to use it first! Last couple of days I've been doing electrical, bundling wires into runs, making sure the branches run to where the lights ect are going to be, been too cold to do much else. Ordered the LED lights for the Garage area, also the outside porch light, LED w/motion and daylight sensors built in, and a set of LED load lights, should amost finish the garage area, ect the ramp that will have to wait for warmer weather.

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 06:30 AM   #899

DW said the 31ft class C was the right size but needed too much work & she didn't like the floor plan.
She had sat in the driver's seat & told me two weeks later we needed something newer like had remote control external mirrors like our vehicles have. Hopefully to buy something new enough we can get extended warranty on. And to have the dealer make any changes we want. Then she said, if we have to to get a brand new one built the way we want.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:42 AM   #900

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi HH, Sounds like a very good plan.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:56 AM   #901

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hey Harley 1994,
Went to the Sportsman show yesterday and found quit a few new ideas, Found a 40 ft DP sooo nice.
Even looked @ a few 5th wheels, Found the one we liked with the living area in front. Very nice.
Only problem was the guys that were there to sell them didn't know much about the units. Have to wait for the MH show next month.
We won't go the first day though.
Sounds like you need a break, take in a MH show.
Forget the hater's Must not have enough to do but be a complainer.
Your doing a great job, so says it in your forum.
I wish I could do 1/4 of what you have done. I enjoy your progress and look toward to your accomplishments JS,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 08:11 AM   #902

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Tim, Looking at new RV units is alot of fun, even if you arn't looking to buy (I'm not), DW and I still go and look, we get alot of ideas that way, this weekend there are two shows, we may take in one. I don't think we have any "hater's" here, just good people talking. Thanks.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:30 AM   #903

Winnebago Owners Club
Hey all;
What would you do if you were able to build the perfect RV? How much space? What kind of floor plan? What ammenities and conveniences? What appliances? Etc?

I think about stuff like this all of the time. The question is hard enough to give me mind cramps. And make me appreciate the work that Terry is doing.

It seems if I were able to design and build a RV with everything Janet and I would like it would be too big to move.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:56 AM   #904
bap

just us---the dw and i just love small and simple,,probably why we love the small vintage tt,s so much...
Old 01-09-2015, 01:39 PM   #905

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
I am sitting here reading the recent posts and started thinking(Yes, I know that is dangerous) have you thought about storage compartments? I realize that you aren't at that stage yet, but just wondering what you have in mind.
The last pic looks wonderful with the moon shining and the lights on in the TH.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 02:36 PM   #906

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Gordon, Wow I think your right, I know there are things that I would do different, I keep telling Eleanor that the next one will be better, she laughs alot. I now have some very different thoughts on what to build. I would have to put together a team of experienced RV'ers to brain storm on what to put in. It would be a rush thats for sure. Bap, nuthing wrong with small, I kinda like those old shastas and tear drops myself. Frank, Thinking always gets me in trouble , just ask DW. I haven't thought alot about storage compartments, I did at first and just hate to cut more holes in the side for doors, so then there is the possiblity of attaching under the TH's body, that is really the only way I think to go, I need a place to store, dump hoses, electric leads ect. I guess I have to think about this sooner or later, you do bring up a good point . I have yet to build the TV's hauler body, there will be compartments in that too. Any suggestions anyone? That pic was just as I was walking out around 6:00am I had allready been out to the TH to get the heaters going and was walking back out, it was real cold and the moon just kinda hung there, looked kinda lonely.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:04 PM   #907

DW & me brainstormed on the MH. She told me what my opinion was.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:24 PM   #908

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
HH, Isn't that the truth, LOL.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:25 PM   #909

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry, I know that you have the garage space, but you need places for your lawn chairs, some kind of outside table, your grill etc. It is a real pain to load a lot of that stuff in and out of the TV everytime you use it. Some you may store in the garage, but then what do you do with it when you are trying to use the garage for living space. Just trying to give you additional info.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 03:54 PM   #910

Excel Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
I have yet to build the TV's hauler body, there will be compartments in that too. Any suggestions anyone?
Is there enough room, in the corner of the hauler portion, to put a substantial sized closet? One with shelves for organization?

I don't have any pics, but on our last FW, I put a piece of 4" PVC across the underside. I put it right by the holding tank connection and stored my drain hose in it. You could also fabricate a sliding drawer, that is the same width as the camper. A hasp could lock it shut and you could divide it to hold fittings, cords and hoses. That would free you from having to cut a hole for another compartment. I figure a 5-6" deep drawer that is about 24" wide could hold most anything you would need.

I actually think I just talked myself into doing this on our FW!

EMD_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote