Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2015, 09:26 PM   #953

Gulf Streamers Club
A previous owner on my MH put ceramic tile over existing wood for kitchen counter that has sink. That made it too thick overall for the clips that hold the sink down to work. Counter needs to be less than 1 inch total thickness to work with existing clips, at least on my setup. One of the projects on my list to fix. Really enjoying the ideas on this thread. Good work.

ronspradley
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2015, 09:44 PM   #954
KIX

Terry, I read in a post a couple of pages ago that you were planning a 30 amp system. And that is probably perfect for the area where you live. But, if you come to the Southeast you may just want to add another A/C to overcome the heat and humidity. So, consider reinforcing a roof vent and stubbing some wiring at the vent for future A/C if you want to add it. In my opinion (we all know what that's like) you will be better served as you travel with a 50 amp service.
You continue to do amazing work.
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 10:31 PM   #955

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIX View Post
Terry, I read in a post a couple of pages ago that you were planning a 30 amp system. And that is probably perfect for the area where you live. But, if you come to the Southeast you may just want to add another A/C to overcome the heat and humidity. So, consider reinforcing a roof vent and stubbing some wiring at the vent for future A/C if you want to add it. In my opinion (we all know what that's like) you will be better served as you travel with a 50 amp service.
You continue to do amazing work.
Kix, I can answer that one for Terry, he did already run the wiring for the second a/c, and if needed, he can add it later. Great looking out, though! He put a fantastic fan in the bedroom area, and it is wired for a/c, if he should need it! He also has the 30 amp service from a donor 5th wheel he is getting parts from, so the reason for using it! Keep the good ideas coming! And Terry, I hope you don't mind me answering this for you! Just catching up while everyone over there is sleeping! Rail!
And, Terry, I know the kind of walls you are talking about, that open all the way up, so cool, for sure! But we do not have them! Our two houses are brick, stucco, and teak, on slabs, with tile floors! Both 4 bedrooms, two baths, modern houses. They both do have outside kitchens out back, just the way they do here! And both have inside kitchens, but we do not cook in them, other than microwave something! I guess with all the stir frying they do here, just the smart way to do things!
guardrail53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 04:26 AM   #956

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Frank, I was afraid that the wood would separate under after, so the best was to pull it and start over. Ron, All the RV sinks I have seen have very short clips so need a thin counter top, not sure why they need to do that. Kix, I'm kinda doing a modified 30 amp system, still in the planning stages I'll explane it in depth when I get it finalized, and see what everyone thinks, like Rail said I put in extra roof supports for AC in the garage area, and ran the electric line, but the Fantastic fan is going in the garage area, that way I can turn it on when the night is cool and draw cool air from the bedroom area thru the TH and out the garage vent, that will have a thermostat so it will shut off if it gets too cool, I want it in the garage for several reasons, I don't want to draw any fumes from the motorcycles (if any) into the coach area, and I could turn it on when I unload or load the bikes. Rail, Thanks you can answer anytime! you guys almost know the TH as well as I do . I wasn't sure how the houses where built in Thailand, I've been in some other tropical areas that had walls that opened up, sounds nice, has to have been something to get used to.Have a great day everyone, going to try to finish up the kitchen counter today, be nice if I could get it installed, would be the first piece. Should have more parts coming today, just like christmas again.
Old 01-12-2015, 05:11 PM   #957

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Evening, Well didn't quite get the counter done should be able tomorrow, got some lights today, all LED, two load lights (flood) very brite should be nice, four surface mounts for the garage area, these seem to be very white (brite) have a nice light pattern to them. and the outside porch light, this one has a motion detector, day/nite detection and low battery protection oh and you can just turn it on all the time too. also got two 12v four switch panels to turn everything on. All this was purchused on ebay, if anybody wants I can post what they are. Have a good night.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0112151837.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	478.6 KB
ID:	83220  
Old 01-13-2015, 05:24 AM   #958

I like your choices of the lights.
HuntingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 06:20 AM   #959

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
HH, Thanks!
Old 01-13-2015, 09:25 AM   #960

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Those should light things up nicely.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 10:17 AM   #961

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Frank, By getting those lights and switches I should be able to close up the garage area, and finish what I can, until spring, when I can open the back door and finish up the door and latches ect. Baby steps but it'le get there.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:03 PM   #962

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
rebuild

Well I got the kitchen cabinet in, the stove is in as well as the propane line, (not hooked up underneath) the hole is drilled for the drain, for the sink, I need new faucets and I can hook that up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0113151357.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	367.8 KB
ID:	83249  
Old 01-13-2015, 02:31 PM   #963

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
You are taking more than baby steps, you have something that you and Eleanor can be very proud of. The kitchen cabinet and stove really looks good, another wonderful job.
I am looking forward to seeing it in person and meeting the two of you.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 03:02 PM   #964

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Thanks Frank, I still have some trimming to do, but that will come later. Next I am working on the upper cabinet, with the microwave inside. Along with that I have to install the porch light, and the stove vent thru the wall. When I install something I research and get the original installation instructions and operating manuals, I needed the wiring diagram for the monitor panel that goes inside the above stove hood, I couldn't find it and E Mailed Ventline direct, they sent me all the paperwork I needed the next day, very good customer service. I too am looking forward to meeting the people I have talked to.
Old 01-13-2015, 03:03 PM   #965

Monaco Owners Club
Terry, I haven't checked in for a few days and see I've missed a bunch of progress. Kitchen cabinet looks great and I'm sure you'll figure out the divider door issue to your satisfaction.

I noticed in an earlier post that you were concerned about the length of clips for your sink. Should that happen again, Lowe's sells a longer clip that we had to use when we installed granite countertops...

Looking forward to more ideas and pics!

-David
Thunderfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 03:10 PM   #966

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Dave, Thanks for the tip! I'll keep it mind. Quite a few times someone will mention something that I'll be doing or building and it helps to get everyones take on it and then I will sit on it so to speak and then I can do it later easier, It all helps.