Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-15-2015, 08:42 PM   #995

Retired Fire Service RVer's
I agree Gordon, Excellent professional looking job Terry, but we have come to expect no less from you, haha. Good catch on the corrosion on the fuses.
I would be in the truck between stops only, then outside rolling and unrolling the discharge hose at every stop, usually 9 to 15 stops per day, by the end of the day I was beat from dragging everything through the snow and fighting the ice. Now I am cold when it gets below 60, age has a way of catching up to us like that.
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2015, 08:50 PM   #996

First time you two are on the road & you have company over for some eats Eleanor will appreciate the extra work put into the kitchen.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:14 AM   #997

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Wow, Terry, It is coming right along, and I agree with everyone, looking very professional! When it is so cold out, being able to work on the inside nice and warm, is a plus!
I remember trying to start the old manual diesels, in the cold a** winter time! Once the old cab over Freightliner was so cold, would not turn over fast enough to start, so a buddy and I put two pieces of plywood on each side, and slid a charcoal grill under the oil pan, and put a piece of plywood in front to block all the wind! After about 15 min's or so, got in and it fired right up! But we smelled burgers cooking for the next day or so!!! Hahahahaha!!! Stay warm everyone! Rail!
Old 01-16-2015, 05:01 AM   #998

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning Everyone, Thanks for all for the kind words, Frank sounds like you delivered fuel oil? I used to work for Truck Stops of America for a few years, as a second shift mechanic, they would run low on fuel and I would have to run to the port and get fuel, but that was only one stop, couldn't imagine pulling that hose everyday. HH, she has ALOT of input on the kitchen (actually most of the TH). Rail, being able to work mostly inside is the reason I pushed to get it closed in, I was hoping I could do it. Oh me too, I remember the old trucks and loaders, I think the advances in oil have made a huge impact on engines ect, starting and lasting. Remember the old air starters? standing next to one when the driver lit it up? Going to the Dr's tday to see whats up with my knee, hoping it'll last a little longer, I have dead lines , I want to meet. Have a good day all.
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 10:43 AM   #999

Terry, hope the doctor finds that there is nothing series with the knee.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:13 PM   #1000

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Back from the knee doc, good and bad news, the good, not bad enough to replace,.....yet. The bad, not much he can do until it gets worse, cortisone shots, but that is limited, can't do too many, so I'll save'm till I can't stand it. So life goes on, its some much fun....this age thing.
Old 01-16-2015, 03:48 PM   #1001

Winnebago Owners Club
Thats the rub is'nt it. Neighbour needs a knee but the DR says she does not take enough pain killers. I keep telling her take the drugs and get the knee replaced. She is running out of time. Soon will be too old.

Seems like when we were younger and working we were paying for everyone to get stuff done. Some guy took the health department to court, he wanted to be a girl and wanted health care to pay for it. He won!! Yet she cannot get a knee replaced. Can someone explain this to me?
Old 01-16-2015, 05:23 PM   #1002

Excel Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Back from the knee doc, good and bad news, the good, not bad enough to replace,.....yet. The bad, not much he can do until it gets worse, cortisone shots, but that is limited, can't do too many, so I'll save'm till I can't stand it. So life goes on, its some much fun....this age thing.

I certainly feel for you Terry!

I fell and messed my knee all up, back in October. Been off-work since. Finally found a doc (Fourth one) that is willing to have a peek inside. Waiting to see when they want to go in.

To keep my post on-topic... Pics look great! You are doing an outstanding job!
EMD_Driver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 07:41 PM   #1003

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Evening, Did a couple things this afternoon, Eleanor had suggested to move the corner cabinets (upper and lower) from the end of the sink area to the other side of the door, where there will be a wall separating the bedroom and the coach, so I dummied up to see what it would look like, I think it would be great, (it will also give a place to put the coffee pot!!) took a pic, imagine a wall behind it. Gordon, IMO thats part of whats wrong with alot of things, catering to the wrong people. EMD, thanks, we go off topic all the time, hope you have good luck, I've had one replaced and now this one is acting up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0116151509.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	397.5 KB
ID:	83421  
Old 01-16-2015, 08:06 PM   #1004

Geeze Terry
That investment in the little 5er was a good one , you're going to use a LOT of it !

minus3* here tonight w/30-40 mph gusts, the Mr Heater is going to get a workout tonight !
The camper's a-rockin and unfortunately not for the right reason ,,,
Skuh kuh kuh kuh.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:58 PM   #1005

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Eleanor

Terry,

It would appear Eleanor has some more skills other than painting and flooring. She is right, great place for that set-up. Good place for coffee-pot, filters in cupboard above, couple coffee cups (maybe hanging from hooks or little shelf you could make) and store coffee below.

Could also be a good drink station. It's looking very nice. You two are going to have a great RV when you are done. Should give you a lot of years of service.

Hope it stays warm and that your knee cooperates. Nothing worse than having a plan to work and knee saying not today. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 05:31 AM   #1006

Don't forget the DONATIONS jar by the coffee pot.
Old 01-17-2015, 06:27 AM   #1007

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning Everyone, Popeye, That was a find when I saw that on Craigs list, I was the first caller and beat feet there, I would have had to buy alot of stuff, AC, water pumps, tank monitors ect, that the old 5er didn't have. I'm also using all the cabinets, bathroom ect, and it had a nice jackknife sofa that is going into the TV's sleeper. It seems our weather is almost the same this yr we are -6* and very windy. Lynne, Eleanor helped her dad rebuild houses when younger and has an eye for little things that I miss, I wish her dad was still with us, he would be a huge help in this project. I need to move an electric line in that area for the coffee pot, the bottom cab. has a radio in it, so need to move the speaker wires and 12v lines but easy to do now. HH, I might need to have a donations jar by the time I get this done ! LOL.
Old 01-17-2015, 06:56 AM   #1008
bap

the move of the cabinet is a great idea,,,i like it alot,,, no shame in a donation jar....lol
as always your work in incredable,,,,,hope to see it someday...

who wwould have imagined a couple months ago that this thread would make 72 pages,,,,but you and your work have kept us glued to it.....awsome job and sooo very informative,,,,,,thanks again for your time and shareing your work....