Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-17-2015, 01:17 PM   #1009

Winnebago Owners Club
Hi Terry;
Like the looks of the cabinet there. Really handy for coffee or other items as suggested.

Just for cats sake I am wondering about placing a basement in that area. Extend the bedroom floor to the side of the door and box it in. That would give you a longer bedroom. If the bath were moved up (could end up with a pass through basement) or left down (just a partial basement)?? Where would stair go?

If you could build a pass through you would have some storage for larger items that could be accessed from outside.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2015, 01:45 PM   #1010

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
I didn't deliver fuel oil, but water for cisterns. 3" diameter hose. I agree with Eleanor, the cabinet looks much better where you have it now. Suggestion, Put 4 coffee hooks right on the underside of the upper cabinet for vehicle and camper keys ,that way they are right there when you walk in or out of the door, and you always know where they are.. Another is add a couple more for coat hooks. I know the key thing works, I have done it on the last two RV's and has worked great.
About that knee, DW has the same problem, DR. down here said last week that they now have an injection that has a gel in it and acts like WD 40, this is the next step after the cortisone before the replacement. You might want to ask your Dr. about it.
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 04:18 PM   #1011

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Outstanding work

Great job with this. Spent the entire morning going through the thread.

Just shows what can be done with determination and skill.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:47 PM   #1012

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Evening, Well guys (and gals) It was cold today and there was a small rv show at a local mall, so Eleanor and I went and looked at new rv's, got some ideas and some reminders of why I'm building mine. Then I needed some new lead cord ends so I stopped at Home Depot, well you just can't go in and not look around, Eleanor found a real nice back splash material that will go with the counter tops, some other parts and pieces, and a new tool bit or so. Bap, kinda nuts huh, turned into a large project, we'll be down that way at some point for sure, hope to meet up, and have an Ale 8. Gordon, The sticking point is the stairs, if I move them backwards they will be in the middle of the floor, and doorway. But if I elevated the bathroom...........I'm not sure if I could make it work, food for thought. Frank, We have a couple companys around here that deliver water, fill pools ect. see those trucks all the time. Good ideas on the hooks ect. in the side of the bottom cabinet right by the door I'm putting a 12v switch to turn on a string of led rope lights that will ring the underside of the 5th wheel pin area. Be easy to open the door and turn on. (Gordon you'll like that). I'll have to check with the Dr, I have a tendency to try and skip steps and move to the fix, I think Drs like to stretch the treatment to make as much out as they can. Old Car Nut, Welcome Aboard !! Thanks!! jump in any time. I like to say Brute force and sheer ignorance. Gordon maybe windows tomorrow. Have a good night
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 06:05 PM   #1013

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Looking good, That looks good there. Good idea about the switch for the outside lights. I have my vacuum storage in the steps coming in the MH I bet I could do the same with mine. Good Idea.
Missed a few days, computer/ web site problem just got back on I hope for awhile. Coffee is good.
Ha we got up to the low 40's still windy though.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 06:15 PM   #1014

Excel Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Looking good Terry!

I forgot to ask this earlier... What is to become of the old Sunline frame? Between my late wife and myself, we've had 19 different Sunlines. All those parts I have, are from a Sunline that was rolled... I love seeing Sunlines being organ donors and bringing other campers back to life!

Keep up the great work!
EMD_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 07:08 PM   #1015

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Tim, I dislike the wind, if its sunny and no wind its at least bearable. When we decided to put the cab by the door I thought about putting a switch for lights that I wouldn't have to go "inside" to turn on, just open the door. Talking about the door I am also installing a motion detector sensor inside for when we open the door a light will come on, no fumbling for a light switch, it also will have a dimmer so we can use it for a night light, for those late night trips. EMD, I thought this Sunline was very well made, I looked up the price back when it was made, and it was kinda pricey. The frame is channel iron 6" if I remember correctly, 3500lb axles, but 14" rims, (that can be changed), not real sure yet what I'm going to do with it, would make a nice platform for an enclosed motorcycle trailer/cargo? another camper? I could buy a truck camper and put it on it, probably never use that though.
Old 01-17-2015, 07:17 PM   #1016

Excel Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
EMD, I thought this Sunline was very well made, I looked up the price back when it was made, and it was kinda pricey. The frame is channel iron 6" if I remember correctly, 3500lb axles, but 14" rims, (that can be changed), not real sure yet what I'm going to do with it, would make a nice platform for an enclosed motorcycle trailer/cargo? another camper? I could buy a truck camper and put it on it, probably never use that though.
Sunlines were very well-made. I do know they sized the axles, so the full weight of the camper, could be supported by the axles alone. My daughter is looking into building herself a "Tiny house" and that frame would be perfect for that purpose.
EMD_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 09:49 PM   #1017

Winnebago Owners Club
Terry - had the same thoughts about the stairs. Just throwing it out there for something to consider. Did not think it would work and still do not think it will work. You would have to put folding stairs or something like it and that would be dangerous and inconvenient.

Our 5er has a 2 (14") step rise between the main and bedroom floor. Yours appears to be about 20 - 24 inches so it would be farther run for your stairs.
Old 01-17-2015, 11:23 PM   #1018

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
You know Terry, W-D40 for the knee? Might just be the ticket! Rail!
Old 01-17-2015, 11:49 PM   #1019
bap

hey that really works,,,,and another thing you can do is the old vineger wrapped in papper bag trick...
Old 01-18-2015, 07:01 AM   #1020

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning Everyone, 29* here this am and supposed to go up 37*, so I'm going to be putting in the two remaining windows today. EMD, I'm not sure how cost effective getting the frame to WV would be? Gordon, thats ok sometimes throwing an idea out there works, I went out to look but just not doable, It looks like ours will be three steps. Rail, as much penetrating oil I have used thru the yrs you would think I'd be like Gumby by now . Bap trouble is I'd smell like pickles, and I'd be hungry all the time .
Old 01-18-2015, 08:17 AM   #1021
bap

haaahaaa,,,i like the smell of pickles, but my faorite cologne is WD/40 or PB BLASTER...
i sure do look forward to you heading this way sometime and haveing that ALE,8..
i will try and dig up some picks of carter caves state park..very pretty country and nice for taking the harleys out to strech there legs...
Old 01-18-2015, 09:31 AM   #1022

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Hi Tim, I dislike the wind, if its sunny and no wind its at least bearable. When we decided to put the cab by the door I thought about putting a switch for lights that I wouldn't have to go "inside" to turn on, just open the door. Talking about the door I am also installing a motion detector sensor inside for when we open the door a light will come on, no fumbling for a light switch, it also will have a dimmer so we can use it for a night light, for those late night trips. EMD, I thought this Sunline was very well made, I looked up the price back when it was made, and it was kinda pricey. The frame is channel iron 6" if I remember correctly, 3500lb axles, but 14" rims, (that can be changed), not real sure yet what I'm going to do with it, would make a nice platform for an enclosed motorcycle trailer/cargo? another camper? I could buy a truck camper and put it on it, probably never use that though.
Morning, 2nd mug today and have a air-pot filled so I'm ready to go... My back is just killing me this am I bet its going to rain? (arthritis) It's well above zero now Heat wave...
Boy another great idea. My outside door light has a push button under the light. I bet I could do the same with a switch in the door frame.
Spent yesterday afternoon in the MH puttering. Used my new space heater and set @ 72 it kept it @ 60ish I think the furnace only kicked on once.
Gota love this site.
Thanks, again
Tim

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote