Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-19-2015, 07:42 PM   #1037
bap

terry it , that is amazing way on how much you have done during your winter,,,windows really look awsome...
i hate to admit that i havent done anything on any of ours , but the DW and i were just talking about replacing the vent covers on the roof with shorter ones right before i turned on the computer...thats why i actually turned it on but had to stop in here first....lol

i will dig up that address and post it on here,,,would love to have everyone do a meet and greet there...thats about as far as i can afford to travel at this time...lol even with gas prices below 2 bucks a gallon...lol
and i really need to get a truck,,,only thing i have to tow with is my ATV...lol kinda funny having 3 TTs and nothing to pull them with...but were looking...im waiting on the new ford ranger to come out with an ecoboost engine and i hope they do a raptor version,,,that would handle any of our little 16ftrs,,
anyway i will find the address to CARTER CAVES STATE PARK and get it posted for ya before i turn the computer off tonight..

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2015, 08:32 PM   #1038

RV 101
Leaks in the roof can show up on the ceiling many feet away.....

My plan is we end winter right now and all head over to Terry"s and help finish that beast in a weekend!
AND if the weather won't co-operate we just wait a few more weeks and Terry will probably finish it all by himself !!!!
Oh my GOSHK ! Skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh

Old 01-19-2015, 09:38 PM   #1039

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
Windows look fantastic, the window in my bathroom is frosted, so you don't need blinds, If you could find one that matches the design of the other windows and is frosted, you will be very happy with it, and even more important, Eleanor will be happy with it.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 10:38 PM   #1040

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Car Nut View Post
Outstanding Terry..... Every time I look at your progress I'm more impressed than the last.
QFT, can't say it any better than this! ^^^^

Link for Carter Caves State Park:

http://parks.ky.gov/parks/resortparks/carter-caves/

About a 1200 mile jog for us... hope we can make it if a get together materializes!
Thunderfoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 05:49 AM   #1041

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning Everyone, HH, I'm actually going with a side vent and fan for the bathroom, less holes and stuff on the roof the better IMO. Bap, Got the Carter Caves address on the G M thread thanks, winter and working on the TH has been challenging, I would definitely want a shop to build the next one in . Popeye, yup you never can tell exactly where the leaks will show up, I would vote for winter to be over also. Frank, one of the maintenance guys frosted the window in the bathroom at the bus garage, with a spray on stuff worked pretty good, we set up the bathroom ect to see if we would have room for a small window, I don't think we will,..... still figuring. Thunder, not sure when we are going to get down south, so far I am still shooting for a trip west to get some work done on the TV at Hypermax engineering, in late spring early summer. Hopefully I can get the TH done in time. Well heat is on in the TH should be warm by now gotta get to work catch all later.
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:23 AM   #1042

The two places I have seen the worst water damage if front window & refrigerator exhaust.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:31 AM   #1043

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
HH, thats the truth for sure, I'd like to leave the roof as clean as I can so when I put solar on I'll have more room. I'm also going with a residential reefer so no holes there ether.
Old 01-20-2015, 11:36 AM   #1044

This sure beats a $1,000 Samsung.
Vissani 24 in. W 10 cu. ft. Top Freezer Refrigerator in White-HMDR1030WE - The Home Depot

JMO, but residential frig with extra batteries & solar system is the way to go.
Old 01-20-2015, 04:38 PM   #1045

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntingHawk View Post
This sure beats a $1,000 Samsung.
Vissani 24 in. W 10 cu. ft. Top Freezer Refrigerator in White-HMDR1030WE - The Home Depot

JMO, but residential frig with extra batteries & solar system is the way to go.
A reviewer of this frig says " Problem is this fridge will not work below 50 degrees or above 84 degrees ( which you don't know until you get the owners manual ). The freezer shuts down outside those ranges.'

And it has auto defrost. Would need to be able to shut that off when you wanted to save on electrical needs.

ronspradley
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:28 PM   #1046

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I've been looking also and found this one at Manards. The ice maker is around 100 bucks. How would you know if it would work. I am pretty sure it will fit. I will remeasure my space.
What do you guy's think?

Whirlpool 10.76 cu. ft. Top-Freezer Refrigerator

Model Number: WRT111SFDW | Menards® SKU: 4530846
Enter additional design information for this
custom product before adding to cart

Click image for a larger view. Hover to zoom in.

Model Number: WRT111SFDW | Menards® SKU: 4530846
Variation: Smooth White Doors

Online Price
$375.67
Everyday Low Price: $469.00
Sale Price: $422.10
11% Mail-In Rebate: $46.43
Your Final Price: $375.67

You Save: $93.33 after Sale Price & Mail-In Rebate
Sale Price Good Through 01-28-2015

* The displayed price after rebate shows your estimated product price after rebate.
Rebate is in the form of a merchandise credit check which may only be redeemed
in store. Some exclusions apply. Learn More >

Variation:
Smooth White Doors

*Prices may vary by variation
3 Variations Found

Description

Printer Friendly
Share Item
⋅Add to Compare
⋅Add to Wish List
⋅Add to
Gift Registry

Description & Documents
Whirlpool® 10.76 cu. ft. Top-Freezer Refrigerator, ADA Compliant

Refrigerator 7.91 cu. ft. Freezer 2.85 cu. ft. Capacity
Up-Front Temperature Controls makes temperature management easy by placing the interior controls at the front of the refrigerator.
1-Bottom Fixed, 2-SpillMizer™ Glass Refrigerator Shelves
1-Humidity Controlled Crisper
1-Fixed White Wire 1/3-Width Freezer Shelf & 2-Fixed Door Racks
Reversible Door Swings
Optional Automatic Ice Maker (purchased separately)

Dimensions: 24.5"W x 28.25"D 61.375"H

Brand Name: Whirlpool
http://www.menards.com/main/p-2395837-c-5602.htm

It also a well know company. Would I call them to find out the answer?
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 07:47 PM   #1047

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good evening, late to get on tonight, HH, I have looked at that reefer at H D wasn't a bad looking one but,.....it does apparently have some drawbacks, and I have been today looking for one that will fit in the area, wow, I can't believe how many there are that get bad reviews, or start looking at installation guides and no way can they be made to work, I am waiting on an answer to a question from one now and see how it goes, this one is an Avanti. Ron thanks for the heads up, it has sent me looking. Tim, It sounds ok, biggest thing is if it will fit, then check if it will work the way you plan on using it, (boondock, campsite ect.) also check if the door will open when its installed, some need extra space on the door side to open. after all that see if you can see any reviews on it. Working on walls and electrical today, ordered more parts, catch you tomorrow.
Old 01-22-2015, 01:44 AM   #1048

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Wow, Terry! Wait a min.? No post for two days?? Hope everything is ok up there in NY? Just surfing around irv2, and my mouse kept dragging me back to see what you have done! Hehehehehehe! Going thru withdrawl's Rail!
Old 01-22-2015, 04:44 PM   #1049

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good evening, Moving a little slow last couple days, dang knee, I've been working on the electrics, hooking up and running wires for lighting in the coach, the four switches by the door are hooked up, I took a quick pic of just the wire looms in the microwave cabinet, these type of looms will run thru the TH. The switch that I just finished wiring runs the porch light, an entry light just inside the door, (this light will have a motion sensor) the lights down the center and two lights under a cabinet that will run across between the garage and coach.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0122151712.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	434.8 KB
ID:	83972  
Old 01-22-2015, 10:35 PM   #1050

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Looks good Terry! The wiring is always a time consuming job, and for me it takes so much longer, because I do not know what I am doing. I wired a cord wood shed that took me two years to build, post and beam, with the voids black locust 6" long logs! Was a fun build, and I learned a lot. I finished the attic with drop down stairs, for storage. We used the shed for our mowers and yard equipment. I built a leanto off the back for our horses, hay storage. Put a shake shingle roof on it! When it was done, people would stop, driving by, and ask if they could look at it! Wish I had a few pic's? I sure wore out some chain saw teeth on that black locust, man it was hard! Rail!