Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-23-2015, 04:53 AM   #1051

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Rail, talking about locust brings back memorys, I've mentioned before my father was a logger, he had some customers that only wanted locust fence posts, I remember splitting six ft logs into posts, but those posts lasted forever, if you could get a staple into them. That shed would be something to see, there is a house built that way few miles from me. Continuing the wiring today.

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2015, 06:29 PM   #1052

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Terry,

Is it possible to remove the stove top only type of stove and put in a full stove with oven into a MH? I know you loose a couple drawers, but a like a stove for baking.

Lynne

beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 07:04 PM   #1053

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Evening, Hi Lynne, I already have a full oven/stove top combo installed, I think there is a pic in post #962. Well moving slower and slower, my knee has finally decided to not cooperate at all, I go back to the Dr. on monday, this time we are going to have a serious talk with a plan in place, I have way too much to do to put up with this, after all I'm retired now and want to do things . So I did get somethings done, I installed an exterior light on the other side above where the tank drains and electrical hookups are, started to install the load lights, got one done and knee said no more ladders, so I had to quit, sorry no pics today. Will see what tomorrow brings.
Old 01-23-2015, 09:49 PM   #1054

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
What a drag, I've been battling Restless syndrome and my back, I know what your going thru. A few sleepless nights takes a tole on ya. I really think some of it has to do with the weather. Ma always could tell when it was going to rain with her arthritis I have meds for it if I can catch it before it goes wild..
Good luck at the Doc's Are they thinking replacement?
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 10:01 PM   #1055

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Terry,

Is it possible to remove the stove top only type of stove and put in a full stove with oven into a MH? I know you loose a couple drawers, but a like a stove for baking.

Lynne
Janet bakes very successfully with the convection microwave. Did a blueberry pie the other day and the convection made the pastry super flakey.

Have baked chicken, squash, etc with no effort.

Now that we are set up a lot of the baking is done on the grill but we did that when we were using the 5er that has a gas oven.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:03 PM   #1056

Winnebago Owners Club
Terry - go for the replacement if they will do it.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:14 AM   #1057

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Bad night last night, just couldn't get comfortable, Tim, I can feel for you, pain in your back really sucks. We use a toaster oven here in the S&B its a good one with the fan ect. its great for small things and warming, rather than firing up the big oven. Gordon, Dr. took X Rays last time the distance between the bones is narrowing not as bad as the left knee when he replaced that one. But I now can't walk and put any pressure on it, I am going to tell him I want this FIXED, (my knee not me). He's a good surgeon, I have had no problem with the left knee that he did, and have talked with alot of people that have had stuff done.
Old 01-24-2015, 02:45 PM   #1058

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
rebuild

Well did get something done, Santa (AKA the mailman) brought more parts today, so I had to install some. This is the electrical inlet, I liked the idea of disconnecting the cord, rather than shoving it into a hole.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0124151338.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	355.0 KB
ID:	84099   Click image for larger version

Name:	0124151450.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	214.6 KB
ID:	84100  

Click image for larger version

Name:	0124151520.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	226.8 KB
ID:	84101  
Old 01-24-2015, 03:47 PM   #1059
bap

nice,,,i like that aswell,,,
sorry about the knee problem,,,man i truley feel ya,,,sad thing in this time of our life when we can retire from the time clock are bodys are starting to take the toll...still feel like im 20 but when i go to do stuff the body says....lol....ur not even close to 20 anymore.......wish i would have listened to the old guys when i was 20,,,,,but then again i would have done what i did anyway....the price of being an adrenalin junkie.....lol,,,,,and im still an addict.....
but my prayers are with ya brother and your DR.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:03 PM   #1060

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Bap, thanks for the kind words, yes like alot of us I did things that were not very kind to the body, my knees started way back in the Marines, jumping out of choppers with 100lb on your back. We all learn to live with it, just kinda catches up every so often.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:15 PM   #1061

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
Nice job on the wiring bundle, and the twist lock looks first class. Sorry that your knee is still giving you fits, Hope that everything works out to your satisfaction.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 10:45 PM   #1062

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Terry, the electric looks great! And it will work great too, as I had the same setup in the S&B for my generator hook up! Man, I hope the knee gets better, maybe that shot of the new stuff, will be just the ticket? We all have our cross to bear, for the things we did to ourselves in or younger years! By the way, Thank You For Your Service! Take it easy for a few days, and let us know what the DR. says! Rail!
Old 01-25-2015, 05:56 AM   #1063

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Terry,

Sorry, but I was stealing your thread for a minute to get an answer for me purchasing a MH. I want a full stove and so many of the MH's have just the stove top. There are drawers below that and I wondered how difficult it would for be me to buy a new stove, remove two of the drawers, and put a full oven in.

Didn't make myself to clear before. Sometimes it is just better to get the knee replaced so you can move on with your projects and life. You are busy right now and understand why you don't want to deal with this right now but will another time be any better. You want to ride this summer and having to have it done in the middle of that would take a year of bike riding away from you. I am pretty sure that is not on your agenda.

Either way, hope it works out for you. No fun to be in pain and have the thing not working right when the mind is telling you to get busy, you have a TH to finish.

Have a good day, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 06:59 AM   #1064

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Thanks for kudos on the electric, I like doing electric wiring but I'm not fast with it. I'm taking it easy, but I have a goal of completing one thing everyday, may not be much but its there. Lynne, sorry I misunderstood, I would think that most of the stove cabinets are made with a duel purpose in mind, if you look at the way its made I think at least some I have seen are made that you can remove some stuff and put the stove right in. I will let all know whats up with the Dr appointment on monday. Have a great day all.