Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-25-2015, 09:03 AM   #1065

Winnebago Owners Club
Lynne - RV ovens do not have a broiler and generally will have a hot spot. The hot spot can be cured/mitigated by putting in a ceramic plate to disburse the heat.

I would suggest you find a friend with an RV oven and try it out.

Janet prefers the convection oven. Says takes a bit of getting used to. (She is a good baker.)

If you want to replace the top with an oven it is not that difficult if you are handy or prepared to spend money to have someone do it.

If the coach is all electric you will have to install a propane tank or make some provisions to carry a 20 or 30 lb bottle.

The stove and the drawer size may not be totally compatible as many coaches did not have an option for an oven. The drawers replace a dishwasher option. We opted out of the dishwasher for drawers and have the all electric option. Love the storage.

Remove the stove top. Cut a hole in the countertop to fit the new stove. Take out the drawers as appropriate. Run propane to a suitable location for the stove if not already there. Prepare the facing to fit the stove. Install the stove and hook up the propane.

Start the baking.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2015, 10:21 AM   #1066

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
We have used our oven 2-3 times, worked great, We are probable the first to use it, there wasn't a crumb or stain in it...
I put a gauge in too monitor the heat and it stayed right where the dial was set.
I don't think a pork/beef roast would fit though at least not with a thermometer in the roast.
Not a very good picture, I will look but I think there is a broiler too.
Tim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0473.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	84222  
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 01:51 PM   #1067

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Got some more 12 volt electric done today, bedroom and bath areas are left, then finish up the 110 and thats done except for doing a solar setup. I will just leave room for that, but need to do the basics first. I don't remember ever using the oven in any of the rv's that I've had in the past, just what I've readan viewed on the internet so can't give an opinion ether way. I know the one I have is small. Have a good afternoon.
Old 01-25-2015, 02:59 PM   #1068

Travel trailer I had one time we had cooked a 14lb turkey in it as lost electric here. About half way cooked got electric back but finished the turkey in the TT. House at the time had an electric range.
HuntingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 02:02 AM   #1069

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Well Terry, glad you are still getting things done! Hope you don't get too much snow!
I know we used the oven in out 74 Shasta, and it worked very well! The Overland bus had a convection/microwave, and it did a very good job of cooking and baking too! I think the convection/microwaves are as good as a conventional oven, and as far as the size goes, about the same! JMHO!
Rail!
Old 01-26-2015, 03:50 AM   #1070

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, HH, I lose my power here several times a year so when the TH is done I figure it would be a good storm shelter, but don't think I'll need to cook a turkey in it!! Good call thro. Rail, last time when I had my other knee done before I went to the hospital I set up projects that I could do setting down, the shop was all set up, lot of work got done on my old Harleys. We are expecting up to 24" of snow tonight into tomorrow and high winds, the winds are not good thats what takes our power out. Dr. today so probably won't get much done today.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:40 AM   #1071
bap

man i dont see how you guys can take all that cold an long winters up there..
im as far north as i can stand it in ky, but our hot and balmy winters would probably cook you guy,s out...its a hot an muggy 33 as i type this and will hit a scorching 37 by days end....lol

prayers are with ya terry,,,,
bap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 03:21 PM   #1072

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, A quick note on a personal side, Dr. removed fluid and sent it to the lab just to ck it out, and injected the knee with cortisone ect. if it doesn't work, (I don't give it much luck) its replacement time. Now its snowing hard here . YUK
Old 01-26-2015, 04:21 PM   #1073

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Terry,

Stay safe in that storm please. You guys up there have had enough already but it looks like you are going to get it again. Do you and Eleanor plan to be gone in winters when she is retired?

I agree about the knee. Injections are a temporary fix at best but never permanent. Good luck though, hope it gives you a bit of comfort for a bit at least.

Lynne

The MH in Texas sold already so it wasn't the one.
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 05:39 PM   #1074

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Lynne, Yes another storm, the great northeast, yep we do plan on going to warmer areas , I have disliked winters my whole life , (yup even as a kid), I spent my service yrs all in warmer climates, and still ended up back here, can't figure it out. I messed with my left knee for over ten yrs, told the dr thats not going to happen this time, he agreed so I'll give this a week and if not 110 % its outta here , and a new one in, boy I hope its not made in china . Sorry the MH is gone, good ones don't last long.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:48 PM   #1075

Winnebago Owners Club
Terry - fingers crossed for you. Hope the knee replacement is soon and effective.

Snow is unfortunate but as I tell myself when I am out shoveling it - we need the moisture.

I know you have a plow on your truck. Is it on your daily driver so you have to take the plow off when not being used?

I left the tractor set up in the garage as we are going home early for Janets hip. Warm the garage (and the tractor) start it up and clean up the driveway when we get home.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:17 PM   #1076

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Gordon, yes my plow truck is my daily driver, its my old shop truck, 250,000 hard miles and counting. it takes five min to put on or off, I also have one for DW's truck if I need it, plus two tractors, one with a blade and one with a snowblower. We are pretty set up. Snow, "Poor Mans Manure". I told the dr that I would give it a week then see.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:06 PM   #1077

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Terry, you sound like me when I lived out in the country in Illinois. I had a John Deere garden tractor w a snowblower on the front for the small stuff! If we got more than a foot, then I got the Kabota 4 wheel drive tractor out with the scoop on the front! If it was too drifted for it, I just waited for the neighbor to come down with his big farm tractor that had a snow blower mounted on the back of it! It was a dual auger and could eat up to 6' drifts! We always seemed to get it every winter, and the road in front of our house because of the wind break we had on our side, and the field across the road was about 4' higher than the road, it would just fill up! The township road grader with a V-plow on the front would get stuck seems every year right out front? I think he liked the hot chocolate and cookies we always brought out to him!! Rail!
P.S. Good luck with the Knee!
Old 01-27-2015, 04:17 AM   #1078

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Rail, That sounds like right out in front of the house here!! theres a dip just before the driveway that fills up, we were snowed in for over a week once before a big Oshkosh with a V Plow on front hammered their way thru by running as fast as they could to keep momentum on their side. When you saw that coming, the ole stack just had black smoke pouring out you got out of the way he wasn't stopping!! .

« Goooodmorning!!! | - »