Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-27-2015, 11:04 AM   #1079

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm not sure to be happy because you didn't get the 3 feet they were forecasting or not, sounds like you have all the toys to handle it. @ work I used a Kabota 4x4 with a 5 foot broom, that thing would go thru almost everything.
I have a small Cub Cadet w/plow and chains. And my fat behind for weight.... Be careful with the knee.
Is it possible that its arthritis, I can sure tell between my L. Hand and R. hip that its going to rain or snow.
Sure wish I could have made it out to Quartzite too see if the Doc is right.
Take Care,
Tim,
gotta get a fresh cup of Jo.

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2015, 12:17 PM   #1080

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Tim, Our average snowfall for the year up where I am is in the 80" to 100" a year so I like to have all my options if we should have an "average" year, of course sometimes we get those surprise snowstorms that will dump 3' or so in one storm. I used to have to clean up my auto repair shop too, so I needed to have all hands on deck to keep the customers happy, we were always busiest on snowy, rotten days. I too will someday find out if that dry, warm weather is good for my bones. Its just too cold and rotten today so I'm not getting any work done, just research to see what I need to buy next.

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 11:14 PM   #1081

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
WOW 100 inches WOW, we average around 55 inches and right now we have a lot of grass shown.
Ya know I was suppose to go to AZ and that didn't happen so I'm thinking maybe a quick trip down to Tx End of next month thru March.. Thinking of leaving the toad @ home this trip and just boogie on down. Its really driving me bonkers just sitting around waiting for something to happen!!!!
We have a pretty good size MH show middle of February so really looking towards that.
Going for another cup-o-Jo
Have a good hump day everyone,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 04:59 AM   #1082

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good morning all, 3* this am, ended up with around 7 inches of snow all said and done, cleanup today, thrusday another snow storm, right now saying maybe 5 inches, then longer off they are tracking a noreaster for monday, we are in an active time so the weatherman says. Also going to get cold. Oh Well, I'd love to join you Tim down in Tx. Trying to get something done today. Need another cup catch all later.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:41 AM   #1083

No work here today as there is light frost.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:20 AM   #1084
bap

terry they said it was going to get cold up there,,,man how do you take it,,,ive been seeing ur temps and its already been cold...way to cold for me,,,,my bones would break again...lol....i woke up to 16 and are high is around 34 or so and thats cold enough for me...lol....im just waiting on march to get out of the way, then are temps are 50s at night 70s daytime....this is the longest part of our year for me....lol
Old 01-28-2015, 09:31 AM   #1085

Gulf Streamers Club
I am inpressed by what you guys are able to do in that cold weather. Today here it is clear blue and 79. But in a few days we will suffer, highs in the fifties and lows near freezing. Now where did I put my mukluks?

ronspradley
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 10:45 AM   #1086

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Guys, Now getting stuff done in the cold you gotta ask Gordon that question, up where he lives its real cold . The temps I have here are like spring up there. Now that I'm retired, I can take my time when I do something, worse thing is getting all the gear on, I wear insulated pants, insulated bib coveralls, by the time I get it all on I'm tired out. go out and work until I can't feel anything then come in and get warm and start all over. Now inside the TH its nice and warm, don't mind that at all. but when its cold out, if its gonna break it will, and I don't have new stuff, its all got miles on it. I think we have reched our hi for today its 17* now and sunny and NO wind, don't feel to bad now . Ron and HH, all I got to say is , we all have to have a sense of humor. Bap, when I used to run to Ky in the semi I loved the temps there in the winter .
Old 01-28-2015, 12:08 PM   #1087

Guess today's topic is weather.....so......27" w/ wind gusts of 55mph ,high temp of 15*yesterday and a whopping 22* and minus 7* tonight. Ran out of propane at 9am today......pheeeeeeew that was closesk ! Good thing it wasn't yesterday cause everything was closed due to the storm! I was ready to light all my candles.

The good news was the roof is frozen again and no leaks.
BUT the wind was blowing snow in through the roof vents !!
Skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh
Old 01-28-2015, 02:00 PM   #1088

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
9 here this AM and 30 right now. Went into town without the heater on in the Prius and a window partly down. Felt great!.

How's the knee Terry? Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 02:44 PM   #1089

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Popeye, I knew that storm was headed right for you, was hoping you had a place to hunker down out of the wind, mostly missed us, sounds like alot up the coast got it. Spring can't come fast enough. Lynne, Know what you mean, I got into the truck and it was warm inside, (sitting in the sun). My knee is right back where it was, (maybe worse) no good on the injection, really did nuthing, I am calling on friday to see what the next step is to getting on the schedule to replace it, Doc did agree that its not really going to do anything but prolong the inevitable, so we are skipping all the other junk. Need to get this done so I can move on to bigger and better things.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:02 PM   #1090

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good to hear you didn't get completely buried Terry. Especially since it's not going to warm up soon.

I can relate with the knee issue. Somehow I ended up with a labral tear in my left hip right in the middle of having the entire main floor of the S&B tore up to install new stone flooring. It sits 1/2 done until hip is fixed. You can imagine how happy the DW is about that.

Having the hip issue now has my left knee screwed up too. Finally get through all the insurance BS (Obamacare nightmare) to the surgeon who wants to go injection route with physical therapy before we go on to surgery. I refuse, he insists so back through the maze for a new doctor. Meanwhile not much gets done to finish our S&B remodel so we can sell this albatoss and move on to FT RV living.

Hope you get the darn thing fixed soon. I'm running out of popcorn waiting for your build to get finished.
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 04:28 PM   #1091

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Jay, Sorry to hear about the hip and knee, its never good to be fighting with insurance and a Dr that won't agree to what you know is going on with your body. I am lucky that I worked at a school system for the last almost 30 yrs and was able to take my insurance with me when I retired at no cost to me. I am sure when last may I fractured my hip (fell off a load of steel) I finished off my right knee because it took all the strain of getting up and down plus walking because I couldn't put any weight on my left. Talking about popcorn I was eating some when I read this . It has really slowed me down, not being able to get down and back up easily.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:37 PM   #1092

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
Guess today's topic is weather.....so......27" w/ wind gusts of 55mph ,high temp of 15*yesterday and a whopping 22* and minus 7* tonight. Ran out of propane at 9am today......pheeeeeeew that was closesk ! Good thing it wasn't yesterday cause everything was closed due to the storm! I was ready to light all my candles.

The good news was the roof is frozen again and no leaks.
BUT the wind was blowing snow in through the roof vents !!
Skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh

Popeye, you just reminded me of a time in my semi! It was sitting out by the garage, during a blizzard, and when it was all over, I went out to dig it out. I dug a path to the drivers door, so I could get in and start it up! First the door lock was frozen solid, so, I dig a path to the garage, get the torch, back to the door lock, and get it thawed out! Unlock the door, and go to pull it open, dang, frozen shut! Not wanting to rip all the door rubbers off, I go to the pass. door, it unlocks, and opens right up? Duh? should have went there first? Start to crawl across, with all my cold weather gear on, a real PITA mind you, when I see a snow drift in my pass side floor!
I guess the door gasket was gone on the bottom of the door? So I go back to the garage, get a dust pan and a hand brush, get back in and scoop and brush all the snow out of the truck, get in the drivers seat, and the old girl fires right up! I Fire up the generator, turn on the elect. heaters, with the motor heater on, I figure it will be warmed up in no time! After I get the tractor out and scoop all of the snow out of the way, clear the drive, dig out my trailer that is parked out by the road, I think, oh crap, the truck is still running! I go to the drivers door not remembering about it being frozen shut grab the handle and pull! Pop! It opens right up, so I look at the bottom side of the door and the gasket, and it is wore down to nothing? I grab the door and pull it straight up and down checking the hinge, yep, wore out! It had slowly been wearing the gasket all this time! Now I know where that cold air was coming from when I was driving. And how all that snow blew right in! I replaced the door hinge, and gasket, and all was good! And yes, it was nice and hot inside the truck! Do I miss the winter time in central Illinois? NOPE! Sorry for the long story, but thought it would help everyone cope a little better with all the cold and hope it made you all smile, just a bit! Guess I should have put this on the "old truckers" thread? Hahaha!
Terry, Take care of that Knee! And stay warm everyone! Rail!