Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2015, 07:32 AM   #1163

My back and elbows are saying "don't dig" and we (only) got to -3* so for once being near the ocean helped.....sure hasn't been helping with the snow totals though.

Taking my mom in for an eye OP today,and filling my propane (every 4 days) and gas up the rig (every week).Prices are on the way back up here.
rvpopeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2015, 03:10 PM   #1164

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
HH 38* !!! That's a heat wave ! How about trading low temps for a month???
OK , I'll go look , right now it's 7.5* and supposed to drop another 20* by morning when the sun MIGHT be out for a change......but like Terry said snow Saturday and I'll add the prediction for here is snow on Sun , Mon , and Tuesday too. High temps will be 15*-20*.....awwwwwwww enough already!
60" of snow in the last 2 weeks here and it just keeps comin'.

I just got an invite to work at Ruby's Inn in Utah next summer , wonder IF I can dig out in time to get there ????????? Utah gets pretty cold too , somewhat north of the Grand Canyon !
Would you happen to know three folk who used to work at Ruby's. Glenda, Karen and Robert.
Old 02-06-2015, 06:08 PM   #1165

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Harley,

Did you notice the front page of the IRV2 home page? Might want to take a look.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 08:07 PM   #1166

Never been there Gordon.But they keep asking me and some day......I will.
Seem like nice people.
Beamisl , Is that a pic of Ruby's??

Now , I wonder how Terry is doing with his research ?????
Guess there are enough of us following the "build" to keep him going in the right direction.
rvpopeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 08:28 PM   #1167
KIX

Terry, The attachment may help you with installation concerns re: an inverter / charger combo unit. Xantrex is a popular choice but others will install similarly.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Freedom458(445-0193-01-01_rev-2).pdf (594.0 KB, 81 views)
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 05:54 AM   #1168

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
rvpopeye,

My Avatar? That is my front yard and drive.
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 06:22 AM   #1169

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning Everyone, Sorry, was busy with several dr's appointments yesterday. Hate to beat a dead horsebut my knee is shot, I'm now on crutches, so unless something changes working on the TH is out for now. Popeye, hopefully your mom is ok, I will post my picks for equipment soon. Lynne, yup, I start out on the front page everyday and read the articles there. Kix, thanks for the link, looking at the way the factory installs go does help with why "do you do that" questions. Oh, 8* degs this am, supposed to snow sat thru tues, may get 14+ inches, this is getting old. Have a great day all.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:05 AM   #1170

Winnebago Owners Club
Golly Terry - That does not sound like any fun at all. Time to relax and only do things that are necessary.

You are close enough and will have time for sufficient progress to go "rough camping" if necessary so getting a lot of stuff done in the next while should be considered only a "nice to get done".

We have decided to put a carpet around the driver/passenger area of the coach. Had the fellow over to measure it up for dimensions. Not happy with the way he did it so I think I will make up a template. Going to be interesting. There are only two straight areas, everything else is different lengths and intersting angles. Should take several attempts to get it right - LOL - if I am lucky.
Old 02-07-2015, 10:20 AM   #1171

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Gordon, The only problem with "relaxing" is, I HATE IT . DW is already not looking forward to this whole procedure. Normally I am very laid back, nuthing much bothers me, but when I can't do what I want when I want, I get cranky . I like making templates they can be challenging, and fun, have lots of cardboard and wide masking tape. Good luck
Old 02-07-2015, 10:50 PM   #1172

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
[QUOTE=Harley1994;2415622]Hi Gordon, The only problem with "relaxing" is, I HATE IT . DW is already not looking forward to this whole procedure. Normally I am very laid back, nuthing much bothers me, but when I can't do what I want when I want, I get cranky . I like making templates they can be challenging, and fun, have lots of cardboard and wide masking tape. Good luck[/QUOT

Terry, I can just imagine, My thoughts are with Eleanor, may she have the strength to get you thru this! I can see a motorized recliner in your future!!!! Make sure you kick back, take it easy! Have they set a date for your surgery yet? The TH will be there waiting for you, when you are ready! Take care! Rail!
Old 02-08-2015, 05:47 AM   #1173

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Rail, March 4th is the OP date, can't come soon enough, get it over and mooove on . Of course I won't be dancing like this little critter yet. DW is used to me by now, she's known me 40yrs, and can tell me where the bear did you know what. Have a great day!
Old 02-08-2015, 08:10 AM   #1174

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Best of luck to you on the surgery. Hope the recovery will go smoothly.
I'm already starting to go thru withdrawal not reading what you did to the 5Th ea day
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 10:50 AM   #1175

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Hi Gordon, The only problem with "relaxing" is, I HATE IT . DW is already not looking forward to this whole procedure. Normally I am very laid back, nuthing much bothers me, but when I can't do what I want when I want, I get cranky . I like making templates they can be challenging, and fun, have lots of cardboard and wide masking tape. Good luck
I understand but you should have quite a bit to do. Planning, research and parts aquisition, physical therapy, etc. Just have to postpone the tasks that require you to get down low until you are able to bend your knee.

Heres that chance to organize the shop. If it is organized well maybe a re-organization is due!! LOL I know I find all kinds of things I did not know I "needed" when I go through my shop.

I am somewhat similar but learned from a very young age not to mention I was bored. Mom always could come up with a "to do" list for me that included cleaning my room.

I learned well enough so I have never mentioned to Janet that I am bored. I am sure she could figure out several things for me to do to reduce the boredom.

I am sure the surgery will go well and your recovery will be only a small blip in the timeline on the TH. It will all work out.
Old 02-08-2015, 11:40 AM   #1176

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi guys, Tim, Thanks for the good wishes, after having the left knee done, I now know what to expect, with hard PT it should progress well and rather quickly, its kinda like going back to boot camp . I will be trying to do "stuff", (at least when DW lets me, she has to go to work). Gordon, that is part of the plan, parts acquisition so that when/as I'm able I won't be held back waiting for parts. PT is usually three times a week, plus I work at it at home. Your right I never said I was bored, my father kept me very busy. (and with good reason). Hows the carpet job going? Have a great day all.

« Goooodmorning!!! | - »